120 hour QC time, normal?

Hi,

I've recently joined alamy and had my initial submission of 4 images QC approved in less than 24 hours.

However, my first 'real' upload is still awaiting QC at 120 hours (5 full working days) and counting.

I contacted Alamy support and was told that "Normally a submission goes through QC in 24 hours but sometimes this can take a bit longer".

5 days isn't really what I'd consider 'a bit longer'.

Is this normal?

I guess another option is to apply for a News FTP account. Can anyone recommend this?

Most of what I want to upload to Alamy is general editorial stock, but I also get some more timely news material I'd want to get online ASAP.

Can anyone recommend a stock photo service that is a little more modern with their QC approvals?

Agree with everyone else.  My slowest QC time in quite a while this week (5 days) - I guess I've been spoiled!  I was starting to panic about a fail, but no - all OK and passed yesterday.

I imagine that - unless you have a fail - your images will pass early Saturday AM (GMT)

News FTP is for regular, consistent and reliable news contributors - so you have to have a good reputation with AlamyLiveNews first.  Otherwise, you apply for upload permissions via the regular upload route - talk to MS - though they might want to see you upload a few times and pass QC via regular stock uploads first.  Once you have permission to upload news, (a new link will appear for you in My Alamy) then your images will appear in the news feed in 10 minutes MAX (often under 2 or 3 minutes).

Agree with everyone else. My slowest QC time in quite a while this week (5 days) - I guess I've been spoiled! I was starting to panic about a fail, but no - all OK and passed yesterday.

I imagine that - unless you have a fail - your images will pass early Saturday AM (GMT)

News FTP is for regular, consistent and reliable news contributors - so you have to have a good reputation with AlamyLiveNews first. Otherwise, you apply for upload permissions via the regular upload route - talk to MS - though they might want to see you upload a few times and pass QC via regular stock uploads first. Once you have permission to upload news, (a new link will appear for you in My Alamy) then your images will appear in the news feed in 10 minutes MAX (often under 2 or 3 minutes).

Add my name to the spoiled list then..... I was starting to panic when mine hadn't passed before 10am this morning...... after uploading last night :rolleyes: So used to them being ready for me at 9:30 the next day :-) They shouldn't be so good..... normally!

Just keep this confidence :). I have a feeling you will be allright now.

I had last time issue with processing error what will create a partly fail.I have a feeling that i catched it again since you all have pass messages. Lets give it some more hours.

Just keep this confidence :). I have a feeling you will be allright now.

I had last time issue with processing error what will create a partly fail.I have a feeling that i catched it again since you all have pass messages. Lets give it some more hours.

Waiting is a killer, but QC is probaley overloaded. Currently suffering from refresh fever...

I am not getting worried about QC any more. If I have a submission ready I will uploaded it independently if I have more waiting QC. I know one day, max 5 days so far, all pending submission will be dealt with. Well except all those with "Processing - average wait time 24 hours" that some time are taking more than those 24 hours and could last up to 10 days.

QC has been a bit slower over the last couple of weeks. Normally, I upload on a Sunday evening and they are through, awaiting key wording on the Wednesday afternoon. Last week I waited until Thursday afternoon and this week my Sunday submission passed today (Friday). On quite a few occasions it has passed on the following Saturday morning.

So, it is not unusual to wait 5 days, or maybe a little more. Personally I consider this to be pretty good given the amount of submissions that QC have to work through these days.

And it should be remembered that one has to earn a good QC reputation over a period of time to get a quick(er) turnaround.

Archived