Platinum, Gold or Silver?

Dave Warren

Question

hello,

I'm a photographer in the UK. 

Our contributor rates are marked as Platinum, Gold or Silver.

I can't find any information on my dashboard or sales invoices which one I am in or perhaps am I not looking in the right place?

How do I tell which one I am in?

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Yes, it's getting tougher all the time to see this as a viable business. I certainly understand your decision to wave a symbolic white flag.

I'm making more from infringements than from stock sales.

Getting pictures online so that have a chance of being stolen seems the best approach to stock these days!

Very sad. 

• Love 3

8 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

I can't help feeling that if some people devoted the hours they seem to spend complaining on this forum to going out and taking some photos, it might be time better spent.

Just an opinion.

Judging by how quiet the forum is there must be a lot of happy, successful contributors out taking photos and living the Alamy 40% dream.

😁

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Not at 40%!

It seems that for every problem there is always one neat solution - take more photos! 

My RAW counts are:

June = 502

July = 346

August 1-4th = 320

And there is still plenty of time to post on the forum! 

I don't know how why I do it😁

Edited by geogphotos

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Also, I'm spending more time on shooting video clips (or trying to anyway) and on uploading some of my formerly exclusive images elsewhere.

I'm also doing more video. I'm enjoying it - different discipline, different subjects, different workflow. Hopefully they'll start selling sometime soon, ish. Hopefully.

2 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

I'm also doing more video. I'm enjoying it - different discipline, different subjects, different workflow. Hopefully they'll start selling sometime soon, ish. Hopefully.

Yes, not sure what I'm doing, but I'm having quite a bit of fun. The most challenging part I find is coming up with ideas that are at least semi-original and of possible interest to someone.  A change is good as a rest as they say...

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Yes, not sure what I'm doing, but I'm having quite a bit of fun. The most challenging part I find is coming up with ideas that are at least semi-original and of possible interest to someone.  A change is good as a rest as they say...

Most of mine are slow-motion insects. Fascinating to find out what you've got and didn't notice at the time.

• Love 2

10 hours ago, BobD said:

At the moment I only have after effects animations but am thinking of doing more 'normal' subjects.

What cameras and lens do you all use?

I'm just a dabbler. I use my everyday camera, a Sony a6000, and Sony E lenses (mostly zooms). I also have a couple of old Minolta prime lenses -- a 50mm and a 28mm -- that I like using for video. I only shoot "normal" subjects. I'm not even sure what "after effects" are. I select my camera's "neutral" style setting and seldom do any colour corrections, etc., which is what P5 recommends. In fact, I spend as little time as possible on editing -- trim, convert to .mov and then upload usually.

P.S. Perhaps we should start a new topic/thread to discuss video equipment, technique, etc. (but not other agencies). After all, Alamy is now back in the game, indirectly at least, having just imported over six million videos.

Edited by John Mitchell

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm just a dabbler. I use my everyday camera, a Sony a6000, and Sony E lenses (mostly zooms). I also have a couple of old Minolta prime lenses -- a 50mm and a 28mm -- that I like using for video. I only shoot "normal" subjects. I'm not even sure what "after effects" are. I select my camera's "neutral" style setting and seldom do any colour corrections, etc., which is what P5 recommends. In fact, I spend as little time as possible on editing -- trim, convert to .mov and then upload usually.

P.S. Perhaps we should start a new topic/thread to discuss video equipment, technique, etc. (but not other agencies). After all, Alamy is now back in the game, indirectly at least, having just imported over six million videos.

Sounds like a great idea John. Maybe you start a thread in the Technical Talk area. I've been dabbling in video since the beginning of the pandemic - video was top of my bucket list at the time so I thoughI better get a move on. I have not done any stock video as yet but am considering it now.

1 hour ago, MDM said:

Sounds like a great idea John. Maybe you start a thread in the Technical Talk area. I've been dabbling in video since the beginning of the pandemic - video was top of my bucket list at the time so I thoughI better get a move on. I have not done any stock video as yet but am considering it now.

Just did that...