Is it just me?

Allan Bell

Question

Or has anyone else got the impression that there seems to be less threads and posts on the forums since the new contract came into force?

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Ignore them Allan...

When did you see: 

"I have been to Lincoln at the fewest ten times"

Or a supermarket checkout saying " Ten items or fewer"

In other words, don't worry about those people who seem to want to correct others.

Language is how it is used.

Well I think the forum was having a bit of fun about that to to with those who have left including the pedants. But it doesn't mean the supermarket isn't wrong, and if you mean to compare with "at least", then "at least" there is a different usage which I think is correct. it's not But it may be a bit pedantic of me.

My best guess about this storage fee issue is that it will be instituted for contributors who are not making sales at all. It could be justified based on Alamy not making any money from their images. Just a thought. Unfortunately, I think there are probably quite a few people in that category.

Paulette

7 minutes ago, NYCat said:

My best guess about this storage fee issue is that it will be instituted for contributors who are not making sales at all. It could be justified based on Alamy not making any money from their images. Just a thought. Unfortunately, I think there are probably quite a few people in that category.

Paulette

That might not bode well for those who quit contributing, but leave their port here. Over time, it probably will make fewer (haha, Allan, I use “less” a lot) sales and fall to the back pages, insuring even fewer and maybe no sales. If so, that would make a case for everyone to add a few images now and then.

I realize not all agree that adding images regularly helps with sales, but I can attest that my own experience tells me that is so.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Paulette

The same conspiratorial thought passed thru my mind...

Alamy have answered the comments above on the "Cleared balance not as it should be?????" thread under "Community Support".

Copied below.

"This is nothing to do with future plans - it's quite the opposite.

When moving over to a new internal system, some older dormant code was mistakenly reinstated (many, many years ago we had some commission models with storage fees). 

This was quickly spotted, fixed and any fees were refunded. In total this affected no more than 160 contributors. 

Apologies to any of you who were left confused by this. 

Best,

James A

Head of Content"

Allan

• Thanks 1