Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I thought we could start a 'C' day topic to highlight any changes we notice going forward from 24th July. For me all is quiet on the western front apart from the fact that even though it is 11.01am on the 24th 

My Alamy, 24 Jul 2021 – Last updated on 23 Jul 2021 hasn't been updated yet. I guess there is a lot of last minute stuff still to do! 😞
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 sales popped up yesterday, July 24 with the new contract. I think it's the first time I got reported sales on Saturday. It looked like Alamy wanted to wait the begin of the new contract before reporting them in my account! 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites

No change here.

 

Allan

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2021 at 11:31, meanderingemu said:

Good  orni g Ever One. H pe yo stil have  good eeke d.  St y safe.

 

Are you using fewer keyboard keys in protest at the commission reduction?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MB Photography said:

What are we all expecting to happen, apart from the reduced commission?

I'm not exactly sure to be honest but given that it is uncharted water it might be useful to see what how it impacts, apart from the obvious changes in commision etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dave Richards said:

Two small sales dated for 23rd showed up this morning, so just sneaked in for my 50% cut.

I have sold about 5+ images that are published in next years 2022 calendars. They are available to purchase now from book stores and garden centres but non of the images have appeared in my sales history as yet.

 

According to Alamy there is a special arrangement with calendar manufacturers which means they don’t have to register an image use until March of the actual calendar year. So that’s 10% commission gone already even though the calendars were available to purchase in April 2021. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MB Photography said:

I have sold about 5+ images that are published in next years 2022 calendars. They are available to purchase now from book stores and garden centres but non of the images have appeared in my sales history as yet.

 

According to Alamy there is a special arrangement with calendar manufacturers which means they don’t have to register an image use until March of the actual calendar year. So that’s 10% commission gone already even though the calendars were available to purchase in April 2021. 

 

 

this may be interesting.      claims that download date    date of sale.   

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

What will happen in the future is always a guess. Always. 

 

I've come to the conclusion that the gods know what is going to happen. They just like to keep us guessing.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MB Photography said:

I have sold about 5+ images that are published in next years 2022 calendars. They are available to purchase now from book stores and garden centres but non of the images have appeared in my sales history as yet.

 

According to Alamy there is a special arrangement with calendar manufacturers which means they don’t have to register an image use until March of the actual calendar year. So that’s 10% commission gone already even though the calendars were available to purchase in April 2021. 

So far this year I have two images licensed for 2022 calendars.

Both cleared.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My unreported sale got reported on the 23rd July exactly three months to the day as you folk advised it probably would be but I'm not too excited about the $ but that's life, onwards and upwards......

 

Carol

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's now C day +2, and it seems that one of the changes we're starting to see is more control of discussion on the forum -- i.e. closing of threads.

 

Whether or not this is just a coincidence remains to be seen.

 

 

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

It's now C day +2, and it seems that one of the changes we're starting to see is more control of discussion on the forum -- i.e. closing of threads.

 

Whether or not this is just a coincidence remains to be seen.

 

 

Coz the regime don't like it...

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

It's now C day +2, and it seems that one of the changes we're starting to see is more control of discussion on the forum -- i.e. closing of threads.

 

Whether or not this is just a coincidence remains to be seen.

 

 

including some I don't understand.  Why lock a discussion on phone sensor?  Fine an unmentionable word appeared, delete that reply, but not sure why cut discussion. 

 

 The one that I actually found the most egregious was one on impact of people with masks in image in long term.  Heck i was actually hoping Alamy would join in and give us input from them as distributor and pulse of clients, but instead they just lock the thread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

including some I don't understand.  Why lock a discussion on phone sensor?  Fine an unmentionable word appeared, delete that reply, but not sure why cut discussion. 

 

 The one that I actually found the most egregious was one on impact of people with masks in image in long term.  Heck i was actually hoping Alamy would join in and give us input from them as distributor and pulse of clients, but instead they just lock the thread. 

 

Got me. 🤔

 

I've always thought that there should be a closed -- i.e. for contributors only -- forum option. Perhaps this would be a good time to create one (hint, hint).

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

First 40% sale turned up today...   Sigh!

Three kicks in the teeth for me as well.........not sure I can be bothered to keep putting up on the found images thread.

I have unreporteds from three months back, that's a real punch in the face, to wait ages and then to have those discounted as well.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

One PU for discounted commission. Sorry New rate.

 

Allan

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.