Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, John Morrison said:

Easy! Don't know what all the fuss is about...

 

😎 Thanks!

Yesterday I ran into a neighbor who happens to be a mathematician. He asked me what my daughter's dissertation is on. I mentioned something about questions at the intersection of harmonic analysis, number theory, and geometric measure theory and he seemed to understand what I was talking about, even if I didn't....

If only she'd chosen physics and something as easy as string theory. 

I hung up a clothesline in my basement yesterday. Easy peasy. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Morrison said:

 

As a note of clarification, QC regard all batches being held in the QC queue as a single submission: ie if one image fails, then they'll stop looking at any more pix and just reject the whole submission. The batches don't have to have been uploaded on a single day...

 

 

which makes sense, if not people would just do each image as "individual batches" and force Alamy to effectively review all images and cost more, resulting in them needing more money for break even. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Marianne said:

 

😎 Thanks!

Yesterday I ran into a neighbor who happens to be a mathematician. He asked me what my daughter's dissertation is on. I mentioned something about questions at the intersection of harmonic analysis, number theory, and geometric measure theory and he seemed to understand what I was talking about, even if I didn't....

If only she'd chosen physics and something as easy as string theory. 

I hung up a clothesline in my basement yesterday. Easy peasy. 

 

wow, i have a math degree and i have no idea what that would be on.  i can however hang a clothes line, years of experience in hostel dorms.... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Steve F said:

I (sometimes!!) like reading about theoretical physics in my spare time,

And I thought it was only me! George Gamow's books are excellent; lucid and even humourous in places.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Steve F said:

I (sometimes!!) like reading about theoretical physics in my spare time,

And I thought it was only me! George Gamow's books are excellent; lucid and even humourous in places.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

And I thought it was only me! George Gamow's books are excellent; lucid and even humourous in places.

 

In physical cosmology, the Alpher–Bethe–Gamow paper, or αβγ paper, was created by Ralph Alpher, then a physics PhD student, and his advisor George Gamow.

 

Geeky humour - Gamow got his friend Hans Bethe to add his name to the paper on the big bang as a play on the Greek letters Alpha, Beta and Gamma... 🤣🤦‍♂️

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

Math degree? I'm okay until I run out of fingers.

 

Toes?

 

Allan

 

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually you can count up to 1,023 just using the 8 fingers and two thumbs you already have. That is if you have not lost any in the past.

 

Allan

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Actually you can count up to 1,023 just using the 8 fingers and two thumbs you already have. That is if you have not lost any in the past.

 

Allan

 

 

 

not sure how many people are comfortable counting in binary basis with their finger, actually i have never tried.   i've usually use a 25 set count on digits  (5x5) with a running count through in head of times 25.  (i do claim to be using toes to be going to 625 but that's just for show)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Standfast said:

I'm guessing we'll never see the offending picture?

 

 

We do seem to meander here, don't we?

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Marianne said:

 

We do seem to meander here, don't we?

 

 

We do, I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times we've stayed on track...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

John

So I shouldn’t upload anything until I get a pass or fail right? Alamy has been viewing my images each night, but in the event they don’t , based on what you clarified, if they are still in the QC que I risk having anything and everything tossed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Christycc1 said:

John

So I shouldn’t upload anything until I get a pass or fail right? Alamy has been viewing my images each night, but in the event they don’t , based on what you clarified, if they are still in the QC que I risk having anything and everything tossed?

 

Christine, upload as much as you want. But until you get a pass or fail notification, it's all in as a single batch awaiting a QC result.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Christycc1 said:

John

So I shouldn’t upload anything until I get a pass or fail right? Alamy has been viewing my images each night, but in the event they don’t , based on what you clarified, if they are still in the QC que I risk having anything and everything tossed?

Alamy QC don't work weekends or UK public holidays so adjust your upload patterns to account for that. My own pattern is to upload a batch of 20-30 at a time as that is also a batch size I can comfortably finish processing in a session once QC have given the thumbs up (captioning ,keywording, choosing supertags, filling in the 'optional' fields).

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Alamy QC don't work weekends or UK public holidays so adjust your upload patterns to account for that. My own pattern is to upload a batch of 20-30 at a time as that is also a batch size I can comfortably finish processing in a session once QC have given the thumbs up (captioning ,keywording, choosing supertags, filling in the 'optional' fields).

 

Good advice - that's what I do too, not too big a task to caption and keyword with that size of batch.

 

I'm 5 stars so submissions go through straightaway, but every 5 submissions or so they get QCed. If I have a batch in QC I don't upload another until the first batch has passed - just to be on the safe side.

 

John.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stokie said:

 

Good advice - that's what I do too, not too big a task to caption and keyword with that size of batch.

 

I'm 5 stars so submissions go through straightaway, but every 5 submissions or so they get QCed. If I have a batch in QC I don't upload another until the first batch has passed - just to be on the safe side.

 

John.

Same here I do 20 images at a time and have them captioned and keyworded in Photoshop so they automatically go on sale, I only have to super tag. Advantage of doing round numbers like 20 or 10 it makes adding up your uploads for the year easy lol. I never upload another batch until the current one is approved.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.