Jump to content

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

This was taken whilst on a short break last week.  I absent-mindedly took some pics whilst on hols and to my surprise it was used by an Irish national on Monday.  Win! 2G6XMP1

rosslaire-county-wexford-ireland-9th-july-2021-ro-ropassenger-ship-kerry-rests-at-rosslaire-europort-in-between-voyages-the-irish-revenue-has-been-physically-checking-4-of-freight-arriving-into-rosslaire-and-dublin-ports-since-brexit-in-january-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2G6XMP1.jpg

A few years ago I touched the Irish soil for the first time at this place. Nice!

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ognyan Yosifov said:

I touched the Irish soil for the first time at this place a few years ago. Nice!

Cool - there's nothing better than Irish soil, and I'm an Englishman saying that!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colblimp said:

Cool - there's nothing better than Irish soil, and I'm an Englishman saying that!

Yes, it's quite calming (this place)!

I'll never forget the beautiful summer evening with the setting Sun and the ROW OF PALMS along the road !!!

What a first impression!

Now, 9 years later somewhere further further west I think differently, but I still love it !!! 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread seems to have gone a bit quiet, so I'll add a few of my favourites from this month.

 

This marbled white was roosting on top of grasses in evening sunlight.

marbled-white-butterfly-melanargia-galathea-roosting-among-grasses-in-warm-evening-light-during-july-or-summer-hampshire-uk-2G8PW2W.jpg

 

Couldn't resist photographing these cute ducklings.

 

mallard-duck-family-anas-platyrhynchos-female-with-four-young-ducklings-beside-a-river-uk-2G8G0GD.jpg

 

A golden-bloomed grey longhorn beetle

agapanthia-villosoviridescens-the-golden-bloomed-grey-longhorn-beetle-during-summer-in-hampshire-uk-2G6BGEN.jpg

 

Common sexton beetle.

common-sexton-beetle-nicrophorus-vespilloides-a-brightly-coloured-burying-beetle-species-uk-2G7P1WG.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. They made me smile... especially the butterfly.

 

Paulette

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Thank you. They made me smile... especially the butterfly.

 

Paulette

Thanks, Paulette. Nature and wildlife always cheer me up too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, VbFolly said:

This thread seems to have gone a bit quiet, so I'll add a few of my favourites from this month.

 

This marbled white was roosting on top of grasses in evening sunlight.

marbled-white-butterfly-melanargia-galathea-roosting-among-grasses-in-warm-evening-light-during-july-or-summer-hampshire-uk-2G8PW2W.jpg

 

Couldn't resist photographing these cute ducklings.

 

mallard-duck-family-anas-platyrhynchos-female-with-four-young-ducklings-beside-a-river-uk-2G8G0GD.jpg

 

A golden-bloomed grey longhorn beetle

agapanthia-villosoviridescens-the-golden-bloomed-grey-longhorn-beetle-during-summer-in-hampshire-uk-2G6BGEN.jpg

 

Common sexton beetle.

common-sexton-beetle-nicrophorus-vespilloides-a-brightly-coloured-burying-beetle-species-uk-2G7P1WG.jpg

 

 

Wonderful images. Well done!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally uploaded on the last day of July.

 

Trekking to Bell Gorge, the Kimberley, Western Australia

 

2GAHCAF.jpg

 

2GAHCDA.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and the day before yesterday.

 

Lovely Broome, Western Australia. The atmosphere is soooooo relaxed. Sunshine, happy hours and beach driving.

 

2GA67JX.jpg

 

2GA67TK.jpg

 

2GA67CN.jpg

 

2GA675E.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Oh and the day before yesterday.

 

Lovely Broome, Western Australia. The atmosphere is soooooo relaxed. Sunshine, happy hours and beach driving.

 

2GA67JX.jpg

 

2GA67TK.jpg

 

2GA67CN.jpg

 

2GA675E.jpg

Thanks, Gen. Your images are great. I especially like the line of camels. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Thanks, Gen. Your images are great. I especially like the line of camels. 

 

Line of camels? I haven't got that tag. I have 'camel safari', 'camel train' but not 'Line of Camels'. Quick, back to AIM! Thank you!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From the pubs reopening day last Monday - all of these sold, hence why they're my July fave uploads!

2G9FKHX

bantry-west-cork-ireland-26th-july-2021-today-the-so-called-wet-pubs-reopened-for-the-first-time-since-the-start-of-the-pandemic-pictured-is-boston-bar-owner-danny-collins-brother-of-independent-td-michael-collins-who-reopened-his-pub-at-1030-this-morning-and-bar-staff-helen-martin-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2G9FKHX.jpg
 
 
2G9FKJ3
bantry-west-cork-ireland-26th-july-2021-today-the-so-called-wet-pubs-reopened-for-the-first-time-since-the-start-of-the-pandemic-pictured-is-boston-bar-staff-member-helen-martin-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2G9FKJ3.jpg
 
 
2G9FKJA
bantry-west-cork-ireland-26th-july-2021-today-the-so-called-wet-pubs-reopened-for-the-first-time-since-the-start-of-the-pandemic-first-customer-through-the-door-of-the-boston-bar-was-regular-eugene-hickey-from-bantry-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2G9FKJA.jpg
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

From the pubs reopening day last Monday - all of these sold, hence why they're my July fave uploads!

 

bantry-west-cork-ireland-26th-july-2021-today-the-so-called-wet-pubs-reopened-for-the-first-time-since-the-start-of-the-pandemic-first-customer-through-the-door-of-the-boston-bar-was-regular-eugene-hickey-from-bantry-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2G9FKJA.jpg

He looks as if he'd prefer to chuck it at somebody. Not an uncommon feeling I suspect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

He looks as if he'd prefer to chuck it at somebody. Not an uncommon feeling I suspect.

Yeah, he just didn't smile.  Bonus sale - his wife has ordered a print off me so I don't really mind his misery!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A few from me which were waiting most of July to pass QC. That is why so many.

 

Poppies growing wild in grass meadow

poppies-growing-wild-in-grass-meadow-2G68XAP.jpg
 

Film crew filming an actor on Steep Hill Lincoln city.

film-crew-filming-an-actor-on-steep-hill-lincoln-city-2G75KJA.jpg
 

Pelham Bridge is CLOSED - Get Itpelham-bridge-is-closed-get-it-2G75NB7.jpg

 

Opticians window in the Stonebow Lincoln Cityopticians-window-in-the-stonebow-lincoln-city-2G75MCP.jpg

 

Two people resting on bench seat in grounds of the Usher Gallery museum Lincoln

two-ppeople-resting-on-bench-seat-in-grounds-of-the-usher-gallery-museum-lincoln-2021-2G86HAF.jpg
 

Royal William IV Lincolnshire pub and kitchen Brayford Wharf North Lincoln City

royal-william-iv-lincolnshire-pub-and-kitchen-brayford-wharf-north-lincoln-city-lincolnshire-2021-2G86GX4.jpg
 

Lincoln cathedral from Brayford South Side

lincoln-cathedral-from-brayford-south-side-2G8DRTX.jpg
 

Refurbished Cornhill Quarter Lincoln City

refurbished-cornhill-quarter-lincoln-city-lincolnshire-2G8DTHX.jpg

 

 

Thats all for now.

 

Allan

 

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.