July 2021 Favourite Uploads

Just now, Ognyan Yosifov said:

I touched the Irish soil for the first time at this place a few years ago. Nice!

Cool - there's nothing better than Irish soil, and I'm an Englishman saying that!

• Love 1

Just now, Colblimp said:

Cool - there's nothing better than Irish soil, and I'm an Englishman saying that!

Yes, it's quite calming (this place)!

I'll never forget the beautiful summer evening with the setting Sun and the ROW OF PALMS along the road !!!

What a first impression!

Now, 9 years later somewhere further further west I think differently, but I still love it !!! 🙂

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

This thread seems to have gone a bit quiet, so I'll add a few of my favourites from this month.

This marbled white was roosting on top of grasses in evening sunlight.

marbled-white-butterfly-melanargia-galathea-roosting-among-grasses-in-warm-evening-light-during-july-or-summer-hampshire-uk-2G8PW2W.jpg

Couldn't resist photographing these cute ducklings.

mallard-duck-family-anas-platyrhynchos-female-with-four-young-ducklings-beside-a-river-uk-2G8G0GD.jpg

A golden-bloomed grey longhorn beetle

agapanthia-villosoviridescens-the-golden-bloomed-grey-longhorn-beetle-during-summer-in-hampshire-uk-2G6BGEN.jpg

Common sexton beetle.

common-sexton-beetle-nicrophorus-vespilloides-a-brightly-coloured-burying-beetle-species-uk-2G7P1WG.jpg

• Love 2

17 hours ago, VbFolly said:

This thread seems to have gone a bit quiet, so I'll add a few of my favourites from this month.

This marbled white was roosting on top of grasses in evening sunlight.

marbled-white-butterfly-melanargia-galathea-roosting-among-grasses-in-warm-evening-light-during-july-or-summer-hampshire-uk-2G8PW2W.jpg

Couldn't resist photographing these cute ducklings.

mallard-duck-family-anas-platyrhynchos-female-with-four-young-ducklings-beside-a-river-uk-2G8G0GD.jpg

A golden-bloomed grey longhorn beetle

agapanthia-villosoviridescens-the-golden-bloomed-grey-longhorn-beetle-during-summer-in-hampshire-uk-2G6BGEN.jpg

Common sexton beetle.

common-sexton-beetle-nicrophorus-vespilloides-a-brightly-coloured-burying-beetle-species-uk-2G7P1WG.jpg

Wonderful images. Well done!

Oh and the day before yesterday.

Lovely Broome, Western Australia. The atmosphere is soooooo relaxed. Sunshine, happy hours and beach driving.

2GA67JX.jpg

2GA67TK.jpg

2GA67CN.jpg

2GA675E.jpg

• Love 2

10 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Oh and the day before yesterday.

Lovely Broome, Western Australia. The atmosphere is soooooo relaxed. Sunshine, happy hours and beach driving.

2GA67JX.jpg

2GA67TK.jpg

2GA67CN.jpg

2GA675E.jpg

Thanks, Gen. Your images are great. I especially like the line of camels. 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Thanks, Gen. Your images are great. I especially like the line of camels. 

Line of camels? I haven't got that tag. I have 'camel safari', 'camel train' but not 'Line of Camels'. Quick, back to AIM! Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

From the pubs reopening day last Monday - all of these sold, hence why they're my July fave uploads!

bantry-west-cork-ireland-26th-july-2021-today-the-so-called-wet-pubs-reopened-for-the-first-time-since-the-start-of-the-pandemic-first-customer-through-the-door-of-the-boston-bar-was-regular-eugene-hickey-from-bantry-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2G9FKJA.jpg

He looks as if he'd prefer to chuck it at somebody. Not an uncommon feeling I suspect.

12 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

He looks as if he'd prefer to chuck it at somebody. Not an uncommon feeling I suspect.

Yeah, he just didn't smile.  Bonus sale - his wife has ordered a print off me so I don't really mind his misery!

A few from me which were waiting most of July to pass QC. That is why so many.

Poppies growing wild in grass meadow

poppies-growing-wild-in-grass-meadow-2G68XAP.jpg

Film crew filming an actor on Steep Hill Lincoln city.

film-crew-filming-an-actor-on-steep-hill-lincoln-city-2G75KJA.jpg

Pelham Bridge is CLOSED - Get Itpelham-bridge-is-closed-get-it-2G75NB7.jpg

Opticians window in the Stonebow Lincoln Cityopticians-window-in-the-stonebow-lincoln-city-2G75MCP.jpg

Two people resting on bench seat in grounds of the Usher Gallery museum Lincoln

two-ppeople-resting-on-bench-seat-in-grounds-of-the-usher-gallery-museum-lincoln-2021-2G86HAF.jpg

Royal William IV Lincolnshire pub and kitchen Brayford Wharf North Lincoln City

royal-william-iv-lincolnshire-pub-and-kitchen-brayford-wharf-north-lincoln-city-lincolnshire-2021-2G86GX4.jpg

Lincoln cathedral from Brayford South Side

lincoln-cathedral-from-brayford-south-side-2G8DRTX.jpg

Refurbished Cornhill Quarter Lincoln City

refurbished-cornhill-quarter-lincoln-city-lincolnshire-2G8DTHX.jpg

Thats all for now.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 4