One of two low $$ sales that showed up today -- this one taken a couple of blocks from my front door (presentation use).

Loblaw's City Market grocery store on Arbutus Street  in Vancouver, BC, Canada Stock Photo

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Old photo, could use some sky replacement therapy and horizon line straightening...first sale of this photo

I've got lots of those as well. It often doesn't seem to affect their "sale-ability" in a bad way.

A street shot in NYC. One of the amazing old Chinese peasant women who squeeze out a living collection cans for the deposit.

elderly-asian-woman-collecting-cans-and-

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Like 6

Welcome to Cumbria', boundary sign. Killhope Cross. Killhope Head, Cumbria / Weardale boundary, England, U.K., Europe. 

welcome-to-cumbria-boundary-sign-killhope-cross-killhope-head-cumbria-E090WM.jpg

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on website and associated social media
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 22 July 2021
End: 22 July 2022

Half a packet of peanuts.

10 hours ago, wiskerke said:

I cannot see it either. I just googled your image. So Google says it saw your image. 😁

Here's the link Google provides: https://images.app.goo.gl/aiMNuxvLgzZHsyeE8

This is for Mathematical bridge site:telegraph.co.uk. Initially I just dragged the image into Google Images.

wim

Thanks wim that is the one but heavily cropped from the top.

Allan

Near mid $$

Usage: Website, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 22 July 2021
End: 22 July 2026

beach-party-around-a-fire-in-marconi-bea

10 hours ago, zxzoomy said:

Enclosed the paper's paragraph where your photo is used: "Punt along the Cam to view the “Backs” of the colleges. From the punt dock at Magdalene Bridge, first back up a little to see Magdalene’s own (unsung) fellows’ garden, with willows overhanging the water. Next comes St John’s, with the master’s garden on your left (spot the weeping cherry), then the Bridge of Sighs, followed by views across the Meadow to your right.

Pass under lovely Trinity Bridge, admiring the Wren Library at left, then glimpse the famous fellows’ garden of Clare College (cannas in season). Next comes King’s College, with the celebrated views back to college and chapel. This is followed on the left by the fellows’ and president’s garden of Queens’ College and, on the other side of the river, Queens’ Grove, with a pair of great elm trees. The wooden Mathematical Bridge (see above) provides a fitting conclusion – or overture, as punts can be hired from this end, too"

Thanks for the tour.😃

Allan

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

A street shot in NYC. One of the amazing old Chinese peasant women who squeeze out a living collection cans for the deposit.

elderly-asian-woman-collecting-cans-and-

Fabulous pic and incredible, hard working woman.

• Like 1

Editorial website, decent $$ - 

Terracotta statue of Euterpe the Muse of instrumental music, in St George's Garden's, Camden, London, UK Stock Photo

Terracotta statue of Euterpe the Muse of instrumental music in St George's Garden's, Camden, London.

Edited by Jansos
typo

Thanks, John.

Yes, this is one of a half-dozen senior Chinese women who have found their way to NYC. There were two who exchanged a greeting with me when we would pass. (I have about 4 or 5 words in Mandarin.) They worked tirelessly from dawn till dusk. When I first moved back to Lower Manhattan, after leaving Oxfordshire in '87, I would see the occasional old woman who had had her feet bound, an evil tradition akin to slavery. They are long gone now.  I wonder if that practice has been stopped in China? 

Statues like sings are a worthy stock subject, eh? I walked up to the bombed-out church in the heat yesterday to snap the statue of the day of friendship in 1914 WW 1. The church was bombed in '42. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, LSP said:

Native Australian swamp orchid (Phaius tankervilleae), Cairns, Queensland, Australia Stock Photo

growing under a leaky tap at my front stairs!

Lucky you- we just get moss!

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Thanks, John.

Yes, this is one of a half-dozen senior Chinese women who have found their way to NYC. There were two who exchanged a greeting with me when we would pass. (I have about 4 or 5 words in Mandarin.) They worked tirelessly from dawn till dusk. When I first moved back to Lower Manhattan, after leaving Oxfordshire in '87, I would see the occasional old woman who had had her feet bound, an evil tradition akin to slavery. They are long gone now.  I wonder if that practice has been stopped in China? 

Statues like sings are a worthy stock subject, eh? I walked up to the bombed-out church in the heat yesterday to snap the statue of the day of friendship in 1914 WW 1. The church was bombed in '42. 

I saw one (can collector, not bound feet) in Soho yesterday. They work so hard.

Paulette

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NYCat said:

I saw one (can collector, not bound feet) in Soho yesterday. They work so hard.

Paulette

I read: "They call themselves lateros in Spanish or huishou ren in Mandarin; in English, they’re canners." 5 cents a can still?

Editorial website, $$$ but distributor:

Middle aged woman having afternoon tea in the Peninsula Hotel, Hong Kong

a-middle-aged-caucasian-woman-having-afternoon-tea-the-peninsula-hotel-hong-kong-asia-2AW8HD2.jpg

Kumar

• Like 3
2 hours ago, zxzoomy said:

I read: "They call themselves lateros in Spanish or huishou ren in Mandarin; in English, they’re canners." 5 cents a can still?

Here in Vancouver, where real estate prices are through the roof, some Chinese people collect cans and bottles to help pay off their mortgages. One lady even  drives her big SUV through the alley behind our place on recycling days inspecting the contents of the plastic bins. There are also more traditional "canners" similar to the one Edo photographed in NYC. I think it's a fairly universal phenomenon. There's a reason why the Chinese do so well financially wherever they go. You get ten cents each for wine bottles here, which is what contributors at a certain big microstock agency now receive. 😎

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Doc said:

Editorial website, $$$ but distributor:

Middle aged woman having afternoon tea in the Peninsula Hotel, Hong Kong

a-middle-aged-caucasian-woman-having-afternoon-tea-the-peninsula-hotel-hong-kong-asia-2AW8HD2.jpg

Kumar

How DARE you call your lady middle aged.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Stan Pritchard said:

Half a packet of peanuts.

Only 40% a packet of peanuts beginning Saturday. 🤕

Thyrsis asked me to pass this on the you guys and gals: 

Today is our last day with Alamy and I have just gone to the forum to say my goodbyes but I was gutted to see that our account has already been terminated sometime today even though it should have remained active until midnight tonight as far as I am concerned! 

Please can you pass on my best wishes to all those staying on the Good Ship Alamy? I will look in on the forum occasionally to see how you are all doing and will continue to read your blog as well.

Nice knowing you all,

xx Pam.  (Thyrsis)

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, zxzoomy said:

I don't know, which probably shows I am comfortable financially. It also is because I very rarely buy the beverages that come in cans with a deposit and I put them in recycling.

Paulette

In Oklahoma City, the trash was on the same bill as the water, a municipal service. I had a blue bin for recycling and used it religiously.

In Wichita, the trash services are private companies, not a part of the city services. You pick which one you want and contract with them. I don’t have recycling. There are several companies who service this neighborhood, and I see NO recycling bins anywhere I drive in the city. A shame. A canner would be out of luck, here. They would have to sort through nasty trash and garbage when people take their receptacles to the curb, and would probably make a mess doing so.

it’s possible there might be some large bins somewhere in a parking lot where one would have to drive to recycle, but I’ve personally not seen any. I did see a used clothing (maybe winter coats?) drop somewhere, though.

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:
Thyrsis asked me to pass this on the you guys and gals: 

Today is our last day with Alamy and I have just gone to the forum to say my goodbyes but I was gutted to see that our account has already been terminated sometime today even though it should have remained active until midnight tonight as far as I am concerned! 

Please can you pass on my best wishes to all those staying on the Good Ship Alamy? I will look in on the forum occasionally to see how you are all doing and will continue to read your blog as well.

Nice knowing you all,

xx Pam.  (Thyrsis)

I’m going to miss her/them. Very nice posts. Bye, Pam!

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Here in Vancouver, where real estate prices are through the roof, some Chinese people collect cans and bottles to help pay off their mortgages. One lady even  drives her big SUV through the alley behind our place on recycling days inspecting the contents of the plastic bins. There are also more traditional "canners" similar to the one Edo photographed in NYC. I think it's a fairly universal phenomenon. There's a reason why the Chinese do so well financially wherever they go. You get ten cents each for wine bottles here, which is what contributors at a certain big microstock agency now receive. 😎

same when i lived in Toronto.  They were extremely well organised, plus wine bottles paid double that, and no 60% commission, maybe i should retrain.    

I used to feel bad for more down and out people who had no chance to compete actually.