You can all insult me as much as you want, I don't care, but be assured I will do my best not to insult anyone.

Allan

Stick and stones and all that.

ITMA

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, mickfly said:

I wouldn't have called her fat, and i wouldn't call someone a spaz, but nor am I offended that the poster did call her fat, and, she may not be loathsome to other people so it might offend them that you call her such.
Looks like he's taken his opinion and gone.

And equally other people are entirely free to respond and comment as they want. That is what you appear to have a problem with. 

This so-called 'culture war' against 'wokeism' seems to be largely about the 'right' to be unpleasant. 

It seems to me to be primarily about grumpy old men wanting to nurse grievances. That is a general comment. You are personally, of course, peace and light to the world.😄

Edited by geogphotos
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, mickfly said:

Looks like he's taken his opinion and gone.

If you meant me, still here. Been painting a door.

If you meant the OP, Alamy removed the, er, offending post. Which tells you us something.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

If you meant me, still here. Been painting a door.

If you meant the OP, Alamy removed the, er, offending post. Which tells you us something.

I meant the OP, but I think he did try to explain that he was referring to how the image looked, ie it looked compressed, which I would have agreed with.

I daresay it was removed due to the sensitive types reporting it. So much for free speech, the bullies win again.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, mickfly said:

I meant the OP, but I think he did try to explain that he was referring to how the image looked, ie it looked compressed, which I would have agreed with.

I daresay it was removed due to the sensitive types reporting it. So much for free speech, the bullies win again.

See my comment above about those nursing grievances.

It is fairly simple. Don't dish out insults and abuse and you won't have to feel 'bullied' by the responses.

As I said nobody is saying the guy can't say what he wants about Priti Patel.

It is you complaining that nobody is allowed to respond or disagree with what he said.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1

A Saturday PU has just popped in.

The grave of Robert Didsbury featuring "La Douleur" by Mme Didsbury (his mother) in Montmartre Cemetery, Paris.

C51JJG.jpg

Edited by AlanW
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, mickfly said:

What?  The image is in its correct proportions, you can check it as I did.

He did nothing of the sort, the quote is still here, his tone seemed clear right down to the LMAO smiley. So when he said "She also looks pretty chubby in this piccie 😆" you actually thought he meant "this image is not showing in its correct aspect ratio"? Seriously?

She's a bully herself, it's official, but isn't body-shaming pretty bullying?

Edited by spacecadet
  • Upvote 1

UK Newspaper

Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

$$

CNRNJ2.jpg

1 hour ago, Hazel said:

My first sale!  Street photography in New Orleans, a reasonable price, too.

Doubly blessed! Hopefully the first of many... 😄

• Like 2

Taken recently. A pop up vaccination centre  in city centre Manchester, England, United Kingdom, July 2nd, 2021, invites anyone aged over 18 years to get their first vaccination against Covid 19. $

2G64NM5.jpg

• Like 2

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, editorial print or digital use,  up to 1/8 page, one time use only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 12-July-2021 ; End: 12-July-2023 

Low $$

D8RBXY.jpg

Phil

2EY598G.jpg

Pleased this one sold - I don't normally spend much time Photoshopping these days given the returns, but this one turned out worth the effort. I call it 'The Hand of Rishi'

• Like 1

Just in time for the Calgary Stampede (happening now).

Editorial book, inside.

chuckwagon-race-at-the-calgary-stampede-C5CP3Y.jpg
  • Like 2

Just leased 4 copies of the same image, a photo of a brick wall "Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 12-July-2021 ; Duration: In perpetuity ; 
   Additional Details: Editorial Website, Social Media & App,  any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity."  

Presuming they pressed the buy button too many times, and refunds on the way, but you never know !

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

Pleased this one sold - I don't normally spend much time Photoshopping these days given the returns, but this one turned out worth the effort. I call it 'The Hand of Rishi'

Nice one Phil, good to see a reward for your skill and patience !

I've just  landed a double sale of a cut out for textbook use, for reasonable money by today's standards.   It's worth putting in the graft with the right subject matter.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Nice one Phil, good to see a reward for your skill and patience !

I've just  landed a double sale of a cut out for textbook use, for reasonable money by today's standards.   It's worth putting in the graft with the right subject matter.

Cutouts do sell - I get a few sales of statues and politicians. It saves the buyer a bit of work if that's what they want, but you can only guess which ones will be wanted.

And a tiddler, ridiculous low $ this morning:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Travel & tourism ;  Start: 13-July-2021 ; End: 13-July-2026 ;

Additional Details: Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

F4M85W.jpg

Phil

• Like 4

Two of my 17 year old photos of cicadas sold to the same buyer for U.S. editorial use (I think National Geographic).  Both for mid to high $$.

Here is one of them.

usa-maryland-insect-cicada-cicadas-cicadoidea-brood-x-17-year-cicada-emerges-from-the-ground-to-reproduce-2F6J29D.jpg

• Like 6

Italy, Book, print and/or e-book; Bulk discount, flat rate

low-mid $$. searched months ago by image ID. 

Distribution, just getting me ready to see to huge chunks of licences taken away.  

Train Station in Trieste, Italy   

the-austro-hungarian-architecture-central-train-station-with-small-crowd-of-passenger-on-a-blue-sky-day-TX8PWX.jpg

• Like 4

It was almost two years ago that I asked this forum for help identifying a plant. I’m still very grateful for the assistance and am happy to say it was just licensed in Japan for a book.
A solid $$. (Unfortunately, it was through a distributor).

humulus-lupulus-hops-growing-in-the-kitc

• Like 2