How was your June 2021 ?

Same as April and May.

C**p!!!     Zilch!!!!

Views and zooms O.K.

Do you think someone is trying to tell me something?

Allan

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Same as April and May.

C**p!!!     Zilch!!!!

Views and zooms O.K.

Do you think someone is trying to tell me something?

Allan

Allan, sorry to hear about your month. Have you considered being more commercial about your subject matter? i.e. shooting some stock cliches that you see regularly published? You can put your own spin on them, but they should sell.

Edited by Steve F
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Steve F said:

Allan, sorry to hear about your month. Have you considered being more commercial about your subject matter? i.e. shooting some stock cliches that you see regularly published?

Hi Steve, Thanks for the commiseration. What you are suggesting is just not my style. I am a go out and shoot what I see and think will be wanted someday.

Like yesterday I was in Lincoln on an errand and took a camera with me as usual. While there I realised that the Lincoln Imp Trail had been put in place so walked around photographing all of the Imps I could find. Even had other people helping me. These Imps are statues of the Lincoln Imp in the Cathedral and decorated by local artists. I have not processed them yet as I was ill when I returned home but that won't make much difference as they will probably be in QC for a week after uploading so will become "just some more images of the decorated Imps already on PA/Alamy.

One thing I did really appreciate was the number of people who stopped to give me time to take the shots I wanted. Another was the street performer who gave me a smile while I was taking the shot of him.

Allan

• Love 3

21 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Hi Steve, Thanks for the commiseration. What you are suggesting is just not my style. I am a go out and shoot what I see and think will be wanted someday.

Like yesterday I was in Lincoln on an errand and took a camera with me as usual. While there I realised that the Lincoln Imp Trail had been put in place so walked around photographing all of the Imps I could find. Even had other people helping me. These Imps are statues of the Lincoln Imp in the Cathedral and decorated by local artists. I have not processed them yet as I was ill when I returned home but that won't make much difference as they will probably be in QC for a week after uploading so will become "just some more images of the decorated Imps already on PA/Alamy.

One thing I did really appreciate was the number of people who stopped to give me time to take the shots I wanted. Another was the street performer who gave me a smile while I was taking the shot of him.

Allan

Understood. I do both - walking and shooting and specific stock image set ups. I think the specific stock image setups outsell my walk and shoot images about 4-1!

Edited by Steve F

63 licences for $1141 gross. A poor $18.1 per sale gross. 
no $$$ sales

CTR 0.71

cant compare with last year as away at the moment 

Kumar

• Love 6

1 hour ago, Doc said:

63 licencí za 1141 USD brutto. Špatných 18,1 $ za prodej brutto. 
žádné $$$ prodeje

CTR 0,71

nemůžu srovnávat s loňským rokem tak daleko 

Kumar

I fully sympathize with you
Without $$$ sales, we can't think about mountain peaks

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

63 licences for $1141 gross. A poor $18.1 per sale gross. 
no $$$ sales

CTR 0.71

cant compare with last year as away at the moment 

Kumar

North pole or South pole?

Allan

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Steve F said:

Understood. I do both - walking and shooting and specific stock image set ups. I think the specific stock image setups outsell my walk and shoot images about 4-1!

Please excuse but just had a quick look at your port. Three pages of your latest uploads. I see what you are doing as regards your Cliches shots. May give something along those lines a go. NOT copying obviously.

Although I had already thought of doing record shots, the old 33rpm type as I have a few in various genres of music.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

21 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Please excuse but just had a quick look at your port. Three pages of your latest uploads. I see what you are doing as regards your Cliches shots. May give something along those lines a go. NOT copying obviously.

Although I had already thought of doing record shots, the old 33rpm type as I have a few in various genres of music.

Allan

No problem. My recent uploads are heavily influenced by the fact I haven't been able to get out much because of Covid, but you get the idea.

Copying... Well, if someone photographs a well photographed subject, landmark or otherwise, are they copying?? As I said, you can put your own spin on it, composition, editing, arrangement of subject etc. Bear in mind lots of my portfolio also doesn't sell!

18 hours ago, Doc said:

Wales ☺️

Yes you can find whales at the north pole. Well maybe not at the actual pole but near there.

Allan