Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I just got this in my latest sale statement:

"22/6/2021","22/6/2021","","","","","Other fees","Rev/Manual credit - C95GTB",0.0000,-20.0000,-20.0000,"" (stated as "other fees" in the Net revenue sales report).

Did any of you had $20 deducted from your account the same way and do you have the precise explanation for that fee?

 

 

Edit: I just noticed the pic number. It looks like an "adjustment" for a $40 sale from the month of April.

 

Edited by pierre rochon
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

there are a few other reports in other thread.  

 

If an adjustment for a $40 sale, for which at most you would have gotten $20 that is a full refund.  Is this even allowed in the current contract?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had five $20 "other fees" debits today. A few months ago I had three or four, each less than $5. If it's an adjustment, why wouldn't it be listed as a refund and another sale at a lower price? Sent off a note to contributors@alamy, and imagine I'm not the only one. "Other fees" is way too vague (not to mention annoying); if they're not going to provide more info than that, they should expect a lot of questions.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had two $20 Other Fees today. For me, they corresponded to two $20 Other Income (or Manual Credit in the Account Balance report) entries in early May, which I had concluded were in error and would be reversed. For the long-story version, see my "In the wrong direction again" thread a little farther down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh great, now I'm too nervous to check my sales report in case it's my turn to be "adjusted"

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, David Pimborough said:

The lord giveth the lord taketh away and issues a debit of $16 

 

Effectively cancelling the manual credit of $16 from May

 

Computer said no. 😂

 

wim

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

and still no comments from Alamy.  Maybe a blog post to explain what these extra funds are funding this time. 😉

Has anyone had a reply to an email enquiry?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Two of the mysterious "other fees" debits totalling $3.16 showed up on my sales report today. That amount is more than I netted from two of the few sales that I've made this month. 🙁

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Two of the mysterious "other fees" debits totalling $3.16 showed up on my sales report today. That amount is more than I netted from two of the few sales that I've made this month. 🙁

The details will be in a "net revenue" download. Mine was an affiliate payment, I think.

Funny how they never take 45 days to clear, not.:mellow:

Edited by spacecadet
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

The details will be in a "net revenue" download. Mine was an affiliate payment, I think.

Funny how they never take 45 days to clear, not.:mellow:

 

Thanks, just checked. They are affiliate charges.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

I guess we need to become affiliates.

-9.23.??  looks like we are already affiliates and are charged for it🤔

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My two sales must have been through an Alamy Affiliate Partner which is basically anyone with a website that has a link to Alamy and has signed up as an Affiliate. They get 15% of the gross sale. TopCashback is an Affiliate.

 

12.15. The Alamy Commission for Content sales made via an Affiliate will reflect that of the applicable commission model as specified in the Alamy Commission Table and will include a 15% Affiliate and affiliate provider fee in respect of the License Fee.

 

These seem to be associated with sales that occurred under the old contact.

 

Edited by MB Photography
Additional content
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Perry said:

-9.23.??  looks like we are already affiliates and are charged for it🤔

 

 

My concern with these affiliate fees is that with net earnings from some sales now being so low, the affiliate fees can actually cancel them out.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

My concern with these affiliate fees is that with net earnings from some sales now being so low, the affiliate fees can actually cancel them out.

 

as i mentioned elsewhere my biggest problem with affiliate fees is the last 2 i had were for already deep discounted fee, last a 40%+ discounted PU, so what is value of affiliate in this case?  If they can bring good customers, great use them, if they are only getting people who want cheap low cost purchase, drop the affiliate- they bring 0 value. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

as i mentioned elsewhere my biggest problem with affiliate fees is the last 2 i had were for already deep discounted fee, last a 40%+ discounted PU, so what is value of affiliate in this case?  If they can bring good customers, great use them, if they are only getting people who want cheap low cost purchase, drop the affiliate- they bring 0 value. 

 

... or even negative value in some cases.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had two and they were some of my very best sales at $500 so I am very fond of that affiliate, whoever they are.

 

Paulette

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYCat said:

I've had two and they were some of my very best sales at $500 so I am very fond of that affiliate, whoever they are.

 

Paulette

but how do you know these clients would not have bought without the link?  What did you pay 15% for? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.