“Alamy's removing some images from sale”

Has anyone else had an email from Alamy like this?

“Some of the images you've downloaded have now been removed from our collection. The images in the attached file are no longer available to license through Alamy for any of your future projects. Please remove them from your internal archives so they can't be selected for new projects.
Don't worry - if you have a license for any of these images, that's still valid until the date the rights expire. If you have selected any of the images for use on current projects but haven't licensed them yet, please contact us as soon as the project is complete so we can issue a license.”

I queried if it was genuine before clicking on the link as I have no recollection of downloading any images and they told me it was to let me know that  an image that I have downloaded in the past is being removed.

The link turned out to be to an image of ours, actually it’s an image of me and I have not downloaded it. No idea why Alamy have decided to remove it, I’ve asked but no reply as yet….

1 hour ago, Thyrsis said:

Has anyone else had an email from Alamy like this?

“Some of the images you've downloaded have now been removed from our collection. The images in the attached file are no longer available to license through Alamy for any of your future projects. Please remove them from your internal archives so they can't be selected for new projects.
Don't worry - if you have a license for any of these images, that's still valid until the date the rights expire. If you have selected any of the images for use on current projects but haven't licensed them yet, please contact us as soon as the project is complete so we can issue a license.”

I queried if it was genuine before clicking on the link as I have no recollection of downloading any images and they told me it was to let me know that  an image that I have downloaded in the past is being removed.

The link turned out to be to an image of ours, actually it’s an image of me and I have not downloaded it. No idea why Alamy have decided to remove it, I’ve asked but no reply as yet….

Hi Pam,

You requested this image to be downloaded (along with some others) back in December 2018. You told us they were lost files so we had arranged for them to be released to your account to help you recover them.

You've recently marked this image for deletion, so as per our policy we notify all users (automatically) who have ever downloaded the image that it is no longer available for licencing. 

Alamy

• Thanks 3

• Alamy locked this topic