Images Sold - June 2021

Mid $$

Usage: Magazines and books ; 

Start: 11-June-2021 ; End: 11-June-2026 ;
Additional Details: Use in a magazine or book (print and/or digital), inside use, 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising).

salone-sistino-domenico-fontana-biblioth

• Love 2

21 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Congratulations.  Yes this is a big issue, there is now incentive for Alamy to delay sales reporting.  

Hmmm. As we don’t know how the system works difficult to say. My book cover use will get whatever the commission rate is at the time of billing I’m told even though it’s already been published. A live news use from 8 months ago that I have pestered them about for several months has been earmarked as needing to be billed this month so it qualifies for 50%. A query about a license that may be incorrect and probably incurs a higher license fee….in my view ought to be billed as 50% if the original license is incorrect. But if they just issue a new one…..

Edited by Sally

6 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

$6 for Turkey newspaper usage, even though we recently opted out of distribution. I guess newspapers in every country report retrospectively.

CXP212.jpg

it might also be a delay in distributor reporting.  in addition we have no idea how often each distro revalidates information.  I removed one country specific and it was almost immediate. but i've made changes on images for another and they still have not gone through. 

Distributor was always a blackbox, and it will become even more with the new contract, as we likely won't even know the licence amount (just net of Distro commission)

A niche sale from my Indian Relay Race project of two years ago.

Marketing package, world wide large business. 2021-2026

This is why I don't mark my photos as editorial, for the most part. 

kehewin-first-nations-indian-relay-horse-race-held-in-bonnyville-alberta-canada-TA2JTJ.jpg

• Love 5

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/2FT4C35/rhododendron-bud-blast-pycnostysanus-azaleae-is-a-fungal-disease-which-can-have-a-devastating-effect-on-the-blossom-of-rhododendrons-and-azaleas-2FT4C35.jpg

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 11 June 2021
End: 11 June 2026

This was shot a few weeks back and was easy enough to do, since the rhododendrons in the back yard suffer from bud blast. However, I don't think anyone is going to hang a print of a diseased plant on their wall. If not shooting for stock, I wouldn't shoot it at all. That change in mindset is probably for the best.

• Love 1

On 10/06/2021 at 23:39, gvallee said:

I have asked Alamy to do a blanket tick 'editorial only' for me for images with either property or person without  a release. Good job I always fill those in in the additional tab. Alamy said they will confirm if it's possible. 

A few years ago I asked Alamy to tick all my pics as exclusive, which it duly did, so it is possible to blanket tick all your pics as editorial.  Whether Alamy can be bothered to do it is an entirely different matter.

1 minute ago, Colblimp said:

A few years ago I asked Alamy to tick all my pics as exclusive, which it duly did, so it is possible to blanket tick all your pics as editorial.  Whether Alamy can be bothered to do it is an entirely different matter.

Yes, they did flag my whole portfolio as exclusive for me too.

But as 'editorial only' goes, it's not a blanket case. I only want it to apply to images with properties or people without a release. I cannot possibly do this manually for 23,302.

I've got lots of landscapes which can be used commercially. In fact I had one used for a shampoo product. They're the ones with a higher price tag, I don't want to jeopardise these licenses for no reason. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, gvallee said:

But as 'editorial only' goes, it's not a blanket case. I only want it to apply to images with properties or people without a release. I cannot possibly do this manually for 23,302.

I've got lots of landscapes which can be used commercially. In fact I had one used for a shampoo product. They're the ones with a higher price tag, I don't want to jeopardise these licenses for no reason. 

I'm going to mark every single pic as editorial only, despite selling some commercial licences.  Anything else is simply not worth the risk.

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

A few years ago I asked Alamy to tick all my pics as exclusive, which it duly did, so it is possible to blanket tick all your pics as editorial. 

I asked them to carry out that task for me, for which they were able to on all the RM licences - thankfully with such a large port. I don't have many RF so I've been through and sorted those myself leaving only those with zero risk as non-editorial - until such times as plants are given rights as sentient beings.

31 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Would it be easier for you to have Alamy mark them all as editorial and then use the search function on 'landscape' or such terms to return choice images to non-editorial?

7 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Would it be easier for you to have Alamy mark them all as editorial and then use the search function on 'landscape' or such terms to return choice images to non-editorial?

That's a thought but I have a total of 998 submissions. If I use the search filter, it would return images spread over an umpteenth number of submissions. I think we can only update 500 at a time. It would be tricky to know what to select beyond the first 500 pix. It wouldn't be a case of highlighting a number of submissions. Plus there is not only landscapes, but wildlife and ?? It would be tricky to think of all tags that could be used as commercial. And what if it's a combination of wildlife taken in a visible property like a zoo? Nightmare.

This would be appropriate in the contract thread...😁

FKD439.jpg

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Magazines and books ;  Start: 14-June-2021 ; End: 14-June-2026 ;

Additional Details: Use in a magazine or book (print and/or digital), inside use, 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising).

Mid$$

Phil

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Two distro sales to Czech Republic.

Net $1.05 for me. Each.

Glad I have left the distribution scheme altogether a few days ago.

HACM1A.jpg

HAGYFH.jpg

• Love 1

Two small $ commercial electronic sales that popped up today, one direct and one through a distributor by the looks of it. The direct was the lower of the two.

I uploaded this one just a few weeks ago. Taken a block from my front door.

Red Japanese azalea Japanica bush flowering in spring in a garden, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Stock Photo

A deserted beach on Big Corn Island, Nicaragua

pristine-white-sand-caribbean-beach-on-big-corn-island-nicaragua-central-B56CT4.jpg

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

Just below mid $$. 7th licence overall of this image, 5th by Alamy. Now exclusive (for a bit longer) but a distro sale.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 May 2021
End: 01 May 2026
Italy, Book, print and/or e-book

luzon-sea-star-echinaster-luzonicus-showing-a-five-arm-regeneration-EJPHHW.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Second sale of this one but if I thought my sale last week was my lowest this one beats it PD4AWT

PD4AWT.jpg

41 MB
4441 x 3206 pixels 
1 MB compressed
Image use: Editorial Details of use: Editorial website Image Size: Any size Duration: up to 5 years Country: Worldwide Industry sector: Travel & tourism Additional Details: Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

Carol

• Love 1