Images Sold - June 2021

Knowing of the High Court action coming re Napier Barracks, I combined a personal trip to nearby Dungeness with a trip to Folkestone. The weather was pretty awful.

Had 3 Napier Barracks zooms and this sale.

Usage: Editorial, 550 images UK Based Websites & The House, Parliamentary, Civil Service World & Holyrood Magazines.

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic

Start: 08 June 2021

End: 08 June 2026

RM 

Alamy Exclusive

A pitiful upper mid $.

since-september-2020-ex-mod-napier-barracks-folkestone-have-been-used-by-the-home-office-to-provide-temporary-accommodation-for-single-adult-male-refugees-who-are-seeking-uk-asylum-the-camp-is-operated-by-clearspring-ready-homes-previously-around-25-of-the-camps-refugees-have-tested-positive-for-covid-19-caused-by-a-serious-lack-of-facility-for-social-distancing-the-barracks-have-also-been-declared-unsuitable-for-human-accommodation-by-independent-inspectors-high-fencing-around-the-napier-barracks-is-topped-by-barbed-wire-pictured-gate-entrance-to-the-napier-barracks-2FWNXWX.jpg

• Love 1

A "discounted re-use" for this one - which was actually slightly more $$ than the original sale back in May!  I'll be going back soon, must take some more...

Usage: Newspaper,Editorial print and digital use. cover or inside.One time use only., Discounted re-use
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 09 June 2021
End: 09 June 2023

The Low Light on the Isle of May, Scotland.

The Low Light, Isle of May, Scotland Stock Photo

• Love 4

Presentation use - though it's an RF file, it's been licensed for 5 years. Low $$ 

Worldwide presentation - which seems a bit odd for a presentation. I really wish there was a better way for Alamy to police uses. 

photovoltaic-cells-array-close-up-blue-lens-flare-sunlight-reflection-ERY06A.jpg

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, gvallee said:

A rare $$$+ these days

Country: Australia ; Usage: Consumer goods ;  Media: Packaging -  boxes and containers ;  Industry Sector: Consumer and household goods ;

Thing is, I just asked Alamy to tick the 'Sell for Editorial only' box for all my pictures containing a property but having no property release (this is how this one was annotated). I'm glad this license happened today. The contract change which prompted me to do that is a lose-lose for Alamy and myself.

This type of thing is bound to start happening. Due to the changes, I've begun deleting a number of images, some of which have licensed for decent amounts.

P.S. Three of those CT tiddlers for me today.

Edited by John Mitchell

4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

This type of thing is bound to start happening. Due to the changes, I've begun deleting a number of images, some of which have licensed for decent amounts.

P.S. Three of those CT tiddlers for me today.

The irony is that, out of my 15 sales so far this month, the 2 highest priced won't happen in the future: commercial use with no property release (I'm in the process of ticking 'editorial only') and distribution sale to Germany (I have now opted out entirely of distribution). As I said, lose-lose situation.

14 minutes ago, gvallee said:

The irony is that, out of my 15 sales so far this month, the 2 highest priced won't happen in the future: commercial use with no property release (I'm in the process of ticking 'editorial only') and distribution sale to Germany (I have now opted out entirely of distribution). As I said, lose-lose situation.

An interesting exercise, if you haven't tried it already, is to do some searches for similar images on a certain biG agency's website (along with a couple of others that have edited collections) to see what type of licenses they are offering -- editorial or commercial. I've been doing this with some images that I'm not sure about before checking the editorial only box.

23 minutes ago, gvallee said:

yeah, i really don't understand Alamy's rational.  

• Like 1

Three tiddlers today (I presume CT) with one of them below. More importantly I just found a book front cover published on May 27th that hasn’t yet been reported. Surely it should have been by now? Have emailed Alamy to ask that they honour the current commission rate since it’s already been used. 
natural-melting-ice-hole-in-the-svinafel

• Love 3
  • Like 4

June 22, 2019. A Windrush Crusade protest in St Peter's Square, Manchester, uk. The protest draws attention to those people,  especially from Caribbean countries, who were wrongly detained, denied legal rights, threatened with deportation, and, in at least 83 cases, wrongly deported from the uk by the Home Office. The protest is asking the uk Government for uk citizenship for those denied it, compensation for those mistreated and law reform to prevent this happening again. Country: Worldwide Usage: Editorial, 550 images UK Based Websites & The House, Parliamentary, Civil Service World & Holyrood Magazines. Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic. $ only but all sales (or licences) welcome. 

TWR610.jpg

11 hours ago, AlanC said:

A "discounted re-use" for this one - which was actually slightly more $$ than the original sale back in May!  I'll be going back soon, must take some more...

Usage: Newspaper,Editorial print and digital use. cover or inside.One time use only., Discounted re-use
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 09 June 2021
End: 09 June 2023

The Low Light on the Isle of May, Scotland.

The Low Light, Isle of May, Scotland Stock Photo

I saw that in a newspaper the other day but unfortunately cannot remember which one.

• Love 1

Another demo. The old LGBT images do sell. This one re freedom of the press. National Gay News Defence Committee March, London, uk, February 11, 1978. The newspaper 'Gay News' and its editor had been prosecuted and convicted for publishing a poem by James Kirkup: 'The Love that Dares to Speak its Name' on 3 June 1976. Country: Worldwide Usage: Editorial, 550 images UK Based Websites & The House, Parliamentary, Civil Service World & Holyrood Magazines. Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic. $ only but all sales (or licences) welcome. 

W5DD6K.jpg

23 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

An interesting exercise, if you haven't tried it already, is to do some searches for similar images on a certain biG agency's website (along with a couple of others that have edited collections) to see what type of licenses they are offering -- editorial or commercial. I've been doing this with some images that I'm not sure about before checking the editorial only box.

Good idea but my portfolio is too big and I'm on the road, so I don't have time for that (I'm writing this from my bed and am seeing the sun rising on my left, time to go birding ). I have asked Alamy to do a blanket tick 'editorial only' for me for images with either property or person without  a release. Good job I always fill those in in the additional tab. Alamy said they will confirm if it's possible. 

• Love 2

37 minutes ago, Sally said:

More importantly I just found a book front cover published on May 27th that hasn’t yet been reported. Surely it should have been by now? Have emailed Alamy to ask that they honour the current commission rate since it’s already been used. 

Congratulations.  Yes this is a big issue, there is now incentive for Alamy to delay sales reporting.  

Low $ 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: General business services ;  Start: 01-May-2021 ; End: 01-May-2026 ; Additional Details: Lithuania, Editorial website; Bulk discount, flat rate

pat-doran-in-ford-rs200-racing-in-the-group-b-class-at-the-5-nations-british-rallycross-event-at-lydden-hill-kent-uk-during-covid-19-2CEX119.jpg

• Love 1

lowish $$     Dunster beach

dunster beach exmoor somerset Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 April 2021
End: 02 April 2021
One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online.

Mid $$

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 June 2021
End: 10 June 2026

market-place-carlisle-cumbria-england-GT7R0X.jpg

$

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
End: 10 June 2026
Multiple use in branded content/sponsored articles and bookable content on owned website, app and social media. Excludes use on paid-for media.

la-iglesia-de-santa-ana-church-of-santa-ana-el-barrio-de-perslvillo-la-delegacin-cuauhtmoc-papel-picado-cut-paper-flags-mexico-city-mexico-WP7AY2.jpg

• Love 3

$

PTNJG9

This this is the lowest sale I've had....

Usage: Editorial, Editorial Online + Social Media, Single Use, Worldwide, Lifetime of Article
Media: Editorial website
46 MB
4928 x 3280 pixels 
2 MB compressed
Duration: Unlimited

PTNJG9.jpg

Carol

• Love 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

$

PTNJG9

This this is the lowest sale I've had....

Usage: Editorial, Editorial Online + Social Media, Single Use, Worldwide, Lifetime of Article
Media: Editorial website
46 MB
4928 x 3280 pixels 
2 MB compressed
Duration: Unlimited

PTNJG9.jpg

Carol

Such a lovely image, deserves better, you were robbed!!

• Love 1
  • Like 1