Images Sold - June 2021

A surprising sale for a number of reasons:

1. it's not a presentation

2. it's a Sunday sale

3. the subject is not a great seller

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media - $$

2ANMGHP.jpg

• Love 3

10 minutes ago, Angler said:

Colour neg from '98, point to point horse racing in hail storm. Sold for presentation use, small fee $$

three-ladies-watching-the-horse-racing-in-a-hail-storm-at-the-north-AHH271.jpg

Are you doing anything special with your neg scans? I don't often get shadows as clean as that, without crossed curves.

Of course your negs could just be properly exposed;)

22 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Are you doing anything special with your neg scans? I don't often get shadows as clean as that, without crossed curves.

Of course your negs could just be properly exposed;)

Just a straight scan with an Epson V750 Pro print scanner, yes properly exposed and the negs were home processed.

• Thanks 1

A multiple seller

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing - $

FTHFBD.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

A chased usage finally reported. Mid $$

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 28-November-2020 ; End: 28-November-2025 ;  Additional Details: One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Country: United Kingdom

marble-arch-london-uk-28th-nov-2020-a-protest-is-taking-place-against-the-lockdown-restrictions-in-place-for-the-covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-despite-the-metropolitan-police-issuing-a-statement-to-remind-protesters-that-such-a-gathering-would-be-unlawful-during-the-current-regulations-many-still-attended-protesters-joined-piers-corbyn-at-speakers-corner-and-headed-out-corbyn-was-surrounded-by-police-in-marble-arch-in-an-attempt-to-stop-the-protest-corbyn-was-later-arrested-2DE2EX5.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

No reason why not with images like that! Buildings not there anymore- qualified.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Tried twice as well.

Even have a picture of the old train shed roof at London Bridge railway station, a listed structure, that was dismantled. My photo seems to be one of only two on Alamy.

Also have a couple inside the Brabazon Hangar at Bristol's aerospace works, whilst in use as a commercial works. Also no longer possible to repeat.

Oh well.

7 hours ago, Avpics said:

$ web editorial for what's becoming a regular seller:

Well, your pic has people with masks, a plane and a sign - departures - which kinda sums up the travelling experience in 2021. A proper stock pic... 🥂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 25/06/2021 at 17:40, AlbertSnapper said:

For those that worry about QC of old film....I didn't get accepted for the archival route.....

Can I ask whether you were turned down, or just didn't hear back? I've applied a couple of times but had no reply. I have a feeling they've not been in the office.

On 27/06/2021 at 12:13, gvallee said:

2. it's a Sunday sale

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media - $$

2ANMGHP.jpg

I'd love to use that in a geography lesson asking children where they would choose to put up their tent!

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Can I ask whether you were turned down, or just didn't hear back? I've applied a couple of times but had no reply. I have a feeling they've not been in the office.

I think I just put a bunch of stuff on Photobucket, when that was worth doing. Berlin in '94, , Hyde Park Corner in '79, an 80s bus. They approved it by return.

Edit: yep, deffo. It's still there. Might as well bin it- you can't link to it anymore.

Only 2% of my images, wish I had more, it's streets ahead of the main pseudo in performance. But film cost money.

Edited by spacecadet

9 minutes ago, Avpics said:

I just didn't hear back from them.

I just had a look at my Brabazon Hangar pictures, and they are archive.

If I recall correctly, it was quite some time later after applying, that it was decided I/everybody/most/those with good QC record (?) could upload via the archival route.

Anyway, even non archive stuff film scans that I have uploaded have passed QC okay, and why should they not ? Always have done.

Just check for the dreaded dust !

7 hours ago, Angler said:

Just a straight scan with an Epson V750 Pro print scanner, yes properly exposed and the negs were home processed.

It is indeed a nice neutral scan from colour neg which can be really difficult to achieve especially if just using Photoshop, but that is as much down to the scanning software I suspect. Is that the Epson software or perhaps Silverfast, which I think handles colour neg well with its 'Negfix'. NegativeLabPro is also very good for camera 'scans'.

• Love 1

37 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

It is indeed a nice neutral scan from colour neg which can be really difficult to achieve especially if just using Photoshop, but that is as much down to the scanning software I suspect. Is that the Epson software or perhaps Silverfast, which I think handles colour neg well with its 'Negfix'. NegativeLabPro is also very good for camera 'scans'.

I use VueScan from www.hamrick.com which I've always found excellent.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Angler said:
3 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

It is indeed a nice neutral scan from colour neg which can be really difficult to achieve especially if just using Photoshop, but that is as much down to the scanning software I suspect. Is that the Epson software or perhaps Silverfast, which I think handles colour neg well with its 'Negfix'. NegativeLabPro is also very good for camera 'scans'.

Thanks for the tip. Have been watching the video tutorial for NegativeLabPro and it looks really good. Going to give it a go.

3 hours ago, Angler said:

I use VueScan from www.hamrick.com which I've always found excellent.

Interesting, thanks, that's a testament to how good it is for colour neg then. I also use Vuescan for my film and flatbed scanners but haven't tried it for colour neg, tending to use the camera now.

49 minutes ago, Jansos said:

Thanks for the tip. Have been watching the video tutorial for NegativeLabPro and it looks really good. Going to give it a go.

Yes, Nate Johnson really seems to know his stuff, it's a very informative website, excellent integration with Lightroom  and they've got a good forum as well.

Interesting to see people's setups for camera scanning:

https://forums.negativelabpro.com/t/lets-see-your-dslr-film-scanning-setup/27

• Love 1

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Marketing package - Large business ;  Start: 28-June-2021 ; End: 28-June-2026 ; 
  Additional Details: Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). Low $$$

I’m certainly glad it was reported before the contract change.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I uploaded this reportage image of a makeshift shrine in Vancouver just last week -- editorial website and social media (low $$). Interestingly, the website URL was provided in the sales report details. I believe others have noticed this as well recently.

UPDATE: I just checked my sales report again to check the address of the website and saw that it has now disappeared. Odd.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. June 19, 2021. Haida artist Tamara Bell's installation of 215 pairs of shoes on the steps of the Vancouver Art Gallery has become a makeshift shrine. This installation honours the 215 indigenous children whose unmarked graves were discovered  on the grounds of a former residential school in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada. Stock Photo

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 3

On 27/06/2021 at 04:13, gvallee said:

2. it's a Sunday sale

2ANMGHP.jpg

Terrific image for a geography textbook. Tough to imagine commercial use, though. 🤔