Images Sold - June 2021

BNMCA8.jpg

Remember these? When I finally upgraded to a flatscreen I took the old TV apart to dispose of and photographed the more interesting bits. This one has sold twice - this week for $150. Photograph EVERYTHING.

Edited by Phil Robinson
  • Love 4
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, IanDavidson said:

There are a number of Alamy images here Trooping The Colour – The Sussex Team including one of mine

Usage: Editorial, Editorial website and social media
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 21 May 2021TRKEPP
Duration: In perpetuity low $

Odd that the article is dated June 2019?

A few dropped in this morning....I will need them to counter the "Other Fees".  U.K. magazine use for low $$.  Horse acupuncture.  I was a bit nervous being so close to the business end of a horse, I know they can kick if they want to!

veterinarian-alison-smith-performs-acupuncture-on-a-horse-at-the-leesburg-B12F02.jpg

• Love 1

4 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Thanks Wim.

And thank you for introducing me to Bas Losekoot's work.

Reminiscent of  Philip Lorca Dicorcia I think.

Ah yes, the same brilliant lighting, but that was all (or almost all) staged. Losekoot just brings his one or two speedlights and a couple of superclamps or sometimes light stands.

(Nikon how-to video - click on CC (closed captions/subtitles) then go to Settings and set Subtitles/CC to Auto-translate. Just ignore the inevitable nonsense now and then because the original subtitles are auto-generated too.

And everybody is indebted to Hopper of course.

wim

9 hours ago, MizBrown said:

Usage: Marketing package - Small business, Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). This license is for small companies - up to 10 people.
Start: 23 June 2021
End: 23 June 2026  Mid $$

Okay, this is a sensible price for this native Nicaraguan Stanhopea.   Third sale this month.   So far, I've licensed as many cats doing things as people doing things.

a-photograph-of-a-stanhopea-costraricens

great image.  Alamy trying hard to make you stay.....  😉 

15 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

great image.  Alamy trying hard to make you stay.....  😉 

Thanks.

This still doesn't make me $100 a month or more.   I suspect I'd need in the order of 3,000 or more photos in my portfolio to do that.  

Basically, what I've learned:  Don't start at Alamy with fewer than 1,000 photos.  B. Most of what's licensed was taken in and around my house or a couple blocks away.   C. I know more than most about the things I've photographed and licensed.    As much as the suits want to use the creatives as manufacturers of what they want, something like a passion for a region, the toys in ones life, technology, history, comes across.   What fascinated the photographer is more likely to license than something taken because.  

Or at least, if it's not going to pay like a real job, the photographers might as well have fun with what they're photographing.

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Avpics said:

Odd that the article is dated June 2019?

I don’t know,  The picture sold recently, (21st May 2021) although it was taken  in June 2019.  The usage has only just shown up in my search algorithm on that website.  Perhaps a relaunch/rebranding?  I got paid (a pittance) so I not really bothered….

Another repeat seller. 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 250,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 24 June 2021
End: 24 June 2026
Duration : 2 months ; Print run : 220,000

Low Mid $$

drumhead-service-with-royal-logistic-cor

• Love 1

Mid $$

Usage: Marketing package - Small business, Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). This license is for small companies - up to 10 people.
Start: 24 June 2021
End: 24 June 2026

a-red-suv-on-al-shindagha-road-tunnel-under-dubai-creek-united-arab-CNYDY8.jpg

As it popped up I had a quick search and found an unreported use from last October. Of course I expect full commission whenever it reports!
Edited by spacecadet

On 24/06/2021 at 05:14, Michael Ventura said:

A few dropped in this morning....I will need them to counter the "Other Fees".  U.K. magazine use for low $$.  Horse acupuncture.  I was a bit nervous being so close to the business end of a horse, I know they can kick if they want to!

veterinarian-alison-smith-performs-acupuncture-on-a-horse-at-the-leesburg-B12F02.jpg

Yes, they can kick. A stallion we owned passed by me at feeding time and threw a back hoof sideways at me. Hit my thigh, tore muscles enough that there was no muscle in one spot between skin and bone. The blood pooled internally around my knee, which swelled horribly and turned spectacular colors. It looked like a knee injury, but it wasn’t.

I got up off the ground, tested it, not broken, so I didn’t go to the doctor. I was rather stupid, then. Although I called it “tough.”

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Paulette, I’m worried about you. You seem to have a “thing” about rear ends. 😉

I don't know whether it's me or the critters. They seem to want to show me their fancy bumpers.

Paulette

• Love 1

Presentation use. The licence fee being enough for a cup of tea (from a greasy spoon, not a coffee chain).

For those that worry about QC of old film....I didn't get accepted for the archival route, so I just put this and some other old scans thru the normal QC, for all to pass okay. 

view-from-a-helicopter-looking-down-on-to-lower-manhattan-world-trade-center-towers-present-new-york-city-usa-TT55MM.jpg

View from a helicopter, looking down on to lower Manhattan. World Trade Center towers present. New York city, USA.

• Love 4

From one extreme to the other with reporting periods.

Photograph taken in July 2011, uploaded to Alamy 1 May 2021, spotted by @Davidhu (thank you) in The Mail 31 May and the sale reported today, less than a month later.

gulfstream-v-gv-g-v-corporate-jet-plane-n405lm-operated-by-lockheed-martin-landing-at-raf-fairford-business-jet-bizjet-space-for-copy-2FKEE1X.jpg

Edited by Avpics
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Licenced today: Belton Hall, near Grantham, UK...

deer-grazing-in-front-of-belton-house-near-grantham-lincolnshire-england-F68XRE.jpg

My late Mum used to work there (before I was born - so pre 1950/51). As we left UK when I was 8, I don't think I've ever seen it before.

• Love 1

Cast lead dragon gargoyle. The Belvedere, Queen Elizabeth walled garden, Dumfries House, Cumnock, East Ayrshire, Scotland, United Kingdom, Europe.

cast-lead-dragon-gargoyle-the-belvedere-queen-elizabeth-walled-garden-dumfries-house-cumnock-east-ayrshire-scotland-unired-kingdom-europe-R1GGC6.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Front cover
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 25 June 2021
End: 25 June 2031
Front cover use, any size, 15 years licence, Print run of 10,000 units, Plus e-book rights
Edited by Stan Pritchard
mistake corrected
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

Don't usually post in this thread, but kind of excited about this one.  Birding efforts paying off, taken last month, licensed yesterday Jun 25.

$$,  PU.

2FNAKGM.jpg

Edited by hsessions
  • Love 3
  • Like 4

PCJ24P

Usage: Editorial, For Editorial use on Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising), Matchday Programmes & UK based Website/Social Media
Media: Website, app and social media

Duration unlimited - low $

Second time for this one but again low $ - hmmm food for thought....

PCJ24P.jpg\

Carol

• Love 1
  • Like 2