Images found on another website

I received a response to my email yesterday afternoon. Here it is:

Hi Michael

Guliver Image are one of our distributors. We’re having a few technical issues with this distributor as they sell in multiple different territories and they haven’t got a way of blocking specific countries you’ve opted out of from seeing the images. We are currently in the process of removing all images from their site that are opted out of any of the countries they supply to.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Shelley

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Brooks said:

I received a response to my email yesterday afternoon. Here it is:

Hi Michael

Guliver Image are one of our distributors. We’re having a few technical issues with this distributor as they sell in multiple different territories and they haven’t got a way of blocking specific countries you’ve opted out of from seeing the images. We are currently in the process of removing all images from their site that are opted out of any of the countries they supply to.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Shelley

thanks this statement is quite revealing.  @Alamy seems to considers that we "opt-out" of the markets we uncheck, not "opt in" into the one that we left a check mark.

This distributor is based, as per website, in Croatia, Bulgaria, Slovenia and Serbia.  Had you "Opted in"  to any of these countries?  note Serbia is not specifically listed, so not clear how you opt out".

My pictures are on the site. My previous settings were such that I'd only opted in to Croatia. I have now opted out of distribution altogether, so hopefully all my images will disappear from there soon.

41 minutes ago, losdemas said:

My pictures are on the site. My previous settings were such that I'd only opted in to Croatia. I have now opted out of distribution altogether, so hopefully all my images will disappear from there soon.

it should be immediate.   the contract does not provide for a grace period from election like for deletion or termination. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

it should be immediate.   the contract does not provide for a grace period from election like for deletion or termination. 

Thanks. If my images are still there tomorrow, I shall contact Alamy.

• Love 1

On 26/05/2021 at 17:13, losdemas said:

Thanks. If my images are still there tomorrow, I shall contact Alamy.

i does appear that the multiple location is an issue with this distributor,  I'm opted out of two and still have my images.  Note that on other thread we have an example that opting out had immediate impact for another distributor, so it seems this should be the way. 

• Like 1