Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This morning Photoshop crashed so I sent the report to Adobe.  Got an instant message inside the report window that this was a fixable crash, I needed to update my drivers on my GPU.  Great.  So click on the link, update drivers, and good to go.

 

Of course restart PS and it loads, includes images that were open during crash, and then crashes.  Thought I would restart computer, no help. So I uninstall PS, reinstall PS, and same thing.  Surprised the new install opened with the images in it during crash.

 

Definitely GPU issues I think.  I checked reliability log and GPU crashes as well when PS crashed.  When I reinstalled PS I had it keep my preferences.  I am wondering if I reinstall again, if I check to not keep them, if that would help.  Before I do this, thought I would run this by anyone in case they have had any of the same issues.

 

Jill

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jill

I was having the same problems at the same time got a "photoshop update available" through the creative cloud. Downloaded the update which was meant to bug fix "photoshop stability issues". Appears to have solved the problem.

Andy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Hi Jill

I was having the same problems at the same time got a "photoshop update available" through the creative cloud. Downloaded the update which was meant to bug fix "photoshop stability issues". Appears to have solved the problem.

Andy.

 

I did a total fresh install and it didn't help.  Going to do another fresh install, and this time not keep my preferences.  If this doesn't work, it has to be a gpu issue, but Illustrator runs fine, so I don't know.  We will see what happens with the new install.

 

Jill

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried turning off the use the GPU option in the Prefs - Performance (assuming it is the same on Windows as Mac). If it works ok then It indicates it is a GPU problem. You can just reset the prefs as well. There is a command to do this on startup. You would need to search for it but it will delete all your prefs so it's a good idea to save a copy in case it is not the prefs which it may well not be.

Edited by MDM
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MDM said:

Have you tried turning off the use the GPU option in the Prefs - Performance (assuming it is the same on Windows as Mac). If it works ok then It indicates it is a GPU problem. You can just reset the prefs as well. There is a command to do this on startup. You would need to search for it but it will delete all your prefs so it's a good idea to save a copy in case it is not the prefs which it may well not be.

 

I did a fresh install omitting keeping my preferences.  It is now running fine.  I am so dependent on PS for my graphics work I thought I would have heart failure.  Along with the contract, my website is in server limbo, stuck between two servers and the guy working on mockups for me is taking forever.  Ah well, At least the sun is shining, the birds are singing and my wine glass is full.

 

Jill

Edited by Jill Morgan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great. Getting it running is the important thing. If it happens again try resetting prefs before reinstalling (which rarely does anything unless you delete the prefs anyway which is the same thing as resetting but much slower). There is a good article on the Adobe site on the subject. I used to have to do it occasionally when I had a Win PC. 

Edited by MDM
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MDM said:

Great. Getting it running is the important thing. If it happens again try resetting prefs before reinstalling (which rarely does anything unless you delete the prefs anyway which is the same thing as resetting but much slower). There is a good article on the Adobe site on the subject. I used to have to do it occasionally when I had a Win PC. 

 

I would have done that, except it would simply start and crash immediately with the cursor spinning.  I couldn't figure how to get in and reset.  I lost some new actions and patterns, but the rest are backed up, so not a big deal

 

Jill

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.