Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've looked (honestly) but I cannot see in the new contract when ALAMY SILVER and ALAMY GOLD applies (and Im guessing PLATINUM applies if the image is exclusive to alamy & you have also met conditions for GOLD whatever they may be). Sorry if this is staring me in the face. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, escapetheofficejob said:

I've looked (honestly) but I cannot see in the new contract when ALAMY SILVER and ALAMY GOLD applies (and Im guessing PLATINUM applies if the image is exclusive to alamy & you have also met conditions for GOLD whatever they may be). Sorry if this is staring me in the face. 

 

 

new contract is effective July 1, 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I understand when the new contract applies thank you, but 

15 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

new contract is effective July 1, 2021

Yes I understand when the new contract starts but I can't see any info that explains when Silver applies (and thus a dreadful 20% commission to photographers) and when Gold etc applies (with higher rates of commission) . For example : Is it a sales level requirement or a number of photos or years the contributor has with Alamy or something else? I cant see anything that explains this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, escapetheofficejob said:

Yes I understand when the new contract applies thank you, but 

Yes I understand when the new contract starts but I can't see any info that explains when Silver applies (and thus a dreadful 20% commission to photographers) and when Gold etc applies (with higher rates of commission) . For example : Is it a sales level requirement or a number of photos or years the contributor has with Alamy or something else? I cant see anything that explains this.

 

 

Review is Annually July 1st.  as of this writing You need to have licensed for over $250 in the prior 12 months to be 2nd tier (so called gold).  First review will be July 1, 2022. at contract change you are guaranteed Gold, even if you didn't meet the requirement in last year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

Review is Annually July 1st.  as of this writing You need to have licensed for over $250 in the prior 12 months to be 2nd tier (so called gold).  First review will be July 1, 2022. at contract change you are guaranteed Gold, even if you didn't meet the requirement in last year.

Thank you great explanation

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paul J said:

 

I can bet Alamy will work out the worst possible 12 month period to get as many on Silver as possible. With print sales down during covid, it was the ideal time to implement this tier system 

 

 

Please see the response from meanderingemu

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.