Runoff Vote to break a two way tie

Runoff Vote for Ed Rooney's April Buskers Challenge   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite Buskers photo, Poll closes on the 10th at midnight U.K. Time

• Firebreather - Gen Vallee
    • Mexico City Boy - Kristin Cato "The Blinking Eye"

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/21 at 21:59

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Thanks, Michael. I shall do.

Both Michaels, Ventura and MDM, have been archangels for me. Being old and out here in Nomadland, I am thankful. 

Last person to say the words angel and Michael in the same sentence in reference to me was my mother.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

We have a clear winner! The Princess of the Outback came out 4 votes ahead, even though she voted for Kristin, our runner up. And yes, women run the world now!

So when Gen comes back out of the Bush, after avoiding hungry saltwater crocodiles, venomous snakes, nasty spiders, boxing kangaroos, box jelly fish, and those seemingly harmless koalas, with their sharp claws, she can tell us all about the next challenge. 

Thank you all for submitting so many terrific images. And thank you again, Michael V, for all your help.

Edo

• Love 3
  • Like 2

I'm back! I kicked the roo in the guts, wrestled the python, poked the croc in the eyes, squashed the spider, there's no survivors!

That was a nice surprise to discover I had won. Thank you everyone! 

Give me a couple of hours and I'll get the next challenge on the road.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

On 10/05/2021 at 23:12, Ed Rooney said:

So when Gen comes back out of the Bush, after avoiding hungry saltwater crocodiles, venomous snakes, nasty spiders, boxing kangaroos, box jelly fish, and those seemingly harmless koalas, with their sharp claws, she can tell us all about the next challenge. 

According to this clip from the BBC programme QI, the deadliest creature in Australia is.....  the horse.  Accidents involving horses account for about three times more deaths per year than any other creature. The relevant bit starts just over 4 minutes in.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdUjtQZ6sxQ

• 2 weeks later...

I am soooo sorry to have missed all this excitement and gone silent for so long. Please forgive my absence. My mom was diagnosed with stage four cancer in April and my whole life turned upside down. In the midst of intense difficulty, it brought me joy to see my photo tied for first place amongst the photographers here whom I admire and learn from so much! I am not worthy!!! It's best that Gen won ultimately because there's not a chance in hell I could manage conducting the May challenge, but I am thrilled to get so much attention amongst colleagues!!! Thank you for voting and rooting us on. It's really a lovely community here. Love y'all. Here's a photo of my mom at George Floyd Square in Minneapolis. It was one of her last wishes to visit this place and she is outlasting doctor predictions so we're hanging on here.

George Floyd Square. Stock Photo

• Love 7
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

I am soooo sorry to have missed all this excitement and gone silent for so long. Please forgive my absence. My mom was diagnosed with stage four cancer in April and my whole life turned upside down. In the midst of intense difficulty, it brought me joy to see my photo tied for first place amongst the photographers here whom I admire and learn from so much! I am not worthy!!! It's best that Gen won ultimately because there's not a chance in hell I could manage conducting the May challenge, but I am thrilled to get so much attention amongst colleagues!!! Thank you for voting and rooting us on. It's really a lovely community here. Love y'all. Here's a photo of my mom at George Floyd Square in Minneapolis. It was one of her last wishes to visit this place and she is outlasting doctor predictions so we're hanging on here.

I am very sorry to hear about your mom, cancer can be so cruel. Wonderful that you helped your mom fulfill her wish to see the Floyd memorial.  I wish you and your mom peace and comfort.  So glad that your photo tying for first place with Gen’s brought you some sort of joy! Great photo, well deserved recognition!

Michael

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Best of luck to you both Kristin. 

• Thanks 1

So sorry to hear your bad news Kristin. I had noticed that you hadn't logged in since mid-April and in fact, I was worrying about you! I was hoping that you hadn't caught the dreaded C19. I think that you deserved to win. All my best wishes to you and your Mum.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

So sorry to hear this.  Take care of yourself.  

• Thanks 1

Thank you, friends. Yes, it's been a tough time. And did I mention I broke both my arms on March 12 rollerskating? Yep. I was without WiFi for about three weeks and couldn't type anyway. I did upload a bunch of photos a few days ago and it felt good to get back to the practice.

I feared there was a serious cause for your absence, Kristin. I'm so sorry. Your mom looks like a fighter and sometimes we win against these tragic illnesses. Good luck to you both, dear. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

My mom died on June 8, 2021. Just a couple of weeks after I posted her picture above. I want you all to know that I showed her these threads of my Mexican guitar boy challenge tie, before she passed, once I discovered what was going on. You all provided one of the very last moments where I could say "Look, Mom!" She was always a huge supporter of my photography. She'd brag about my photos to all her friends and demand that I show my photos to them on the spot. Everywhere we went, she'd say, "Take a picture of this! Take a picture of that!" 😁 Drove me nuts.

• Love 4
  • Like 1