Jump to content

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Ohhhh, John! Thank you! Yes, that is one of my names, BA LaRue. I even got credit!!!

How exciting! And I learned there are two ways to spell it. Crape and Crepe. Around here, it is Crepe Myrtle on the nursery tags. I’ll amend my tags.

I spent a lot of time trimming growth off the lower branches, and clipping suckers that came up around the base. In this picture, it was due a cleanup.

You made a crappy day (week) much better, thanks again.

 

It was by accident. I had never heard of the tree so I Googled it. The Garden Design website came up right away. Glad it improved your day.

 

P.S. There are some really nice plant images on that website. They really shop around...

Edited by John Mitchell
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

First one of the month. I'm always happy to see an architectural image license (mid $$, direct, exclusive).

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Corporate Package Use – Internal use and external non-advertising use
Industry sector: Banking & Finance & Insurance
Start: 04 May 2021
End: 04 May 2031

 

 

Architectural detail of a modern condominium building in False Creek Village, Vancoover, BC, Canada Stock Photo
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

It was by accident. I had never heard of the tree so I Googled it. The Garden Design website came up right away. Glad it improved your day.

 

P.S. There are some really nice plant images on that website. They really shop around...

They are referred to mostly as shrubs, but they can grow as large as a small tree. This one grew tall enough that I would have needed a taller-type ladder to trim the top by the time we moved. When I first planted it and it bloomed, the blooms were as large as American footballs. I had never seen one like it.  If I were in the yard, people stopped in their cars and asked me what it was. It was drop-dead gorgeous. As it grew taller, more energy went to growth. The blooms, while still very showy, became smaller, about 2/3 of the football-size. I think it grew about 3 feet a year.

So funny. You Google it and find my image. Why can’t we find where our images are published that easy?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

First one of the month. I'm always happy to see an architectural image license (mid $$, direct, exclusive).

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Corporate Package Use – Internal use and external non-advertising use
Industry sector: Banking & Finance & Insurance
Start: 04 May 2021
End: 04 May 2031

 

 

Architectural detail of a modern condominium building in False Creek Village, Vancoover, BC, Canada Stock Photo

"Vancoover" in the caption 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple educational editorial use only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 05-May-2021 ; Duration: Unlimited

 

a-rally-is-taking-place-in-london-protesting-against-the-imprisonment-of-stephen-yaxley-lennon-who-goes-by-the-name-of-tommy-robinson-and-is-serving-a-prison-sentence-in-belmarsh-prison-having-been-found-guilty-of-contempt-of-court-groups-have-organised-a-march-to-oppose-it-banner-fight-racism-fight-imperialism-smash-capitalism-W6X9C8.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Avpics said:

Also a PU:

 

One of the Welsh (?) Hobbit Houses, it looks like.   I can see that as a personal use by a Lord of the Rings fan or someone interested in alternative architecture, or as an artist's photographic model.   My last personal use appears to have been paid for, not refunded, and I've had at least one earlier with a note in Spanish that it would be used as an artist model.  Someone else had a personal use sale with a similar note in French.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Silentnight HGV. M6 Motorway, Southbound, Shap, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

silentnight-hgv-m6-motorway-southbound-shap-cumbria-england-united-kingdom-europe-2A7AA30.jpg

 

Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 100,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 05 May 2021
End: 05 May 2026
Print run: 1,09,000; Duration: 1 week

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

I saw a tree here recently. Oh wait; that was a sign post. Sorry.

 

This anti-nature devices snap sold today for a giveaway price.

 

 

e-scooter-rental-trail-in-liverpool-2E9N

 

 

A related news story from Bristol

 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/more-100-e-scooters-parked-5341755

 

Crikey.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My first sale of the month.  U.K. magazine use for low $.....I would take PU sales any day over this low value editorial sale.  This is my daughter's vaccine card, she got her vaccine early being a healthcare worker.

 

woman-holding-a-covid-19-moderna-vaccine-card-for-proof-of-the-first-dose-issued-by-the-cdc-usa-government-2E0RYTP.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

First sale of month.  Mid $$. direct.

 

Details of use: Book, print and/or e-book
Image Size: 1 page
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Duration: 5 years
Country: World English Language
Additional Details: Rights include photo appearing as a thumbnail in Table of Contents or Glossary.  Electronic, digital and PDF rights granted for the facsimile of the original publication.  Promotional in-context rights granted

 

family-of-five-african-elephant-drinking-playfully-at-water-hole-various-ages-baby-spraying-itself-RYA8JE.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/A4NR04/berlin-wall-in-1984-sign-you-are-leaving-the-american-sector-iron-A4NR04.jpg

PU.  Berlin 1984 - What can I say? Some people are old enough.  😁

 

wim 👴

 

edit: could it be all these PU-s are being used in a pub quiz?

Edited by wiskerke
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

My first sale of the month.  U.K. magazine use for low $.....I would take PU sales any day over this low value editorial sale.  This is my daughter's vaccine card, she got her vaccine early being a healthcare worker.

 

 

 

My lowest sales are now editorial ones, especially editorial websites. My first sale of the month (mid $$) was promptly refunded 24 hours later. Hope yours sticks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

First sale of month.  Mid $$. direct.

 

Details of use: Book, print and/or e-book
Image Size: 1 page
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Duration: 5 years
Country: World English Language
Additional Details: Rights include photo appearing as a thumbnail in Table of Contents or Glossary.  Electronic, digital and PDF rights granted for the facsimile of the original publication.  Promotional in-context rights granted

 

family-of-five-african-elephant-drinking-playfully-at-water-hole-various-ages-baby-spraying-itself-RYA8JE.jpg

 

"Elephants doing something". Perfect.

 

Paulette

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.