Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Well, 44 sales just dropped in with 4 for low $$$, 6 for low $$ and the rest for $.  Here's a $$$ - 2FBHNHA

inchydoney-west-cork-ireland-23rd-apr-2021-a-basking-shark-cetorhinus-maximus-washed-up-on-inchydoney-beach-in-west-cork-this-evening-it-is-thought-to-be-one-of-two-sharks-which-have-been-sighted-off-the-west-cork-coast-in-the-last-few-days-the-shark-drew-a-crowd-of-both-locals-and-holiday-makers-to-view-the-dead-fish-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2FBHNHA.jpg
Edited by Colblimp
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A poor month has continued with just three $ 'UKNS' types arriving, whereas double figures have been the norm.

 

jet-airliner-plane-on-approach-to-land-at-london-heathrow-airport-uk-flying-over-a-field-with-horses-landing-system-approach-lights-dawn-sunlight-2DB6PB4.jpg

 

Edited by Avpics
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/C3HM76/cherry-blossom-petals-on-the-grass-on-the-ground-under-cherry-trees-C3HM76.jpg

UK Magazine - print, digital and electronic - Print run up to 500,000 -  Placement Inside - $

Cherry blossom on the ground.

Google first thinks it's daisies, but then counters with: Short Lived Banque d'image et photos - Alamy - I kid you not. 😂

 

wim

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Here's a couple of recent sales....
 
This is a rubbish picture of mine !
I was pleasantly surprised at the price too. Quite a bit more than normal for a UK newspaper (extra for print maybe ?).
Daily Telegraph
day-5-of-litter-left-by-visitors-rubbish-collected-by-local-volunteer-sign-at-coaley-peak-viewpoint-on-cotswold-edge-in-gloucestershire-uk-2F73C1H.jpg
 
 
 
'Day 5 - of litter left by visitors'. Rubbish collected by local volunteer. Sign at Coaley Peak viewpoint on Cotswold Edge, in Gloucestershire, UK.
 
 
And this for a USA presentation use. NYC before 9/11
manhattan-viewed-from-the-empire-state-building-looking-south-the-twin-towers-of-the-world-trade-center-are-visible-new-york-usa-in-feb-2000-R3K5BW.jpg
 
 
 
Manhattan viewed from the Empire State Building, looking south. The twin towers of the World Trade Center are visible. New York, USA., in Feb 2000.
 
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

a UK newspaper (extra for print maybe ?).

IME print edges it into $$. But not far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colblimp said:

Well, 44 sales just dropped in with 4 for low $$$, 6 for low $$ and the rest for $.  Here's a $$$ - 2FBHNHA

inchydoney-west-cork-ireland-23rd-apr-2021-a-basking-shark-cetorhinus-maximus-washed-up-on-inchydoney-beach-in-west-cork-this-evening-it-is-thought-to-be-one-of-two-sharks-which-have-been-sighted-off-the-west-cork-coast-in-the-last-few-days-the-shark-drew-a-crowd-of-both-locals-and-holiday-makers-to-view-the-dead-fish-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2FBHNHA.jpg

Well done mate!

 

Kumar

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

IME print edges it into $$. But not far.

 Not deep in to $$ territory, but more than 20.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two charges on my account today. I don’t have a clue for what they are, unless it would be chasing expenses on unauthorized usage. One for $.91, the other for $5.14.

It would be nice if some short explanation is made available when we get charged for something.

I actually have more sales this month than I’ve had in ages. The amounts, of course, are less, reflecting what all of us are seeing overall. If some of these new sales are because of chasing unauthorized use, I would agree the chasing charge would be a decent trade off, because I see more money out of it than the charges are.

But since there is no explanation, no connection with a particular sale, I don’t understand what’s going on.

 

ALAMY, please let us know what we are being debited for.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I have two charges on my account today. I don’t have a clue for what they are, unless it would be chasing expenses on unauthorized usage. One for $.91, the other for $5.14.

It would be nice if some short explanation is made available when we get charged for something.

I actually have more sales this month than I’ve had in ages. The amounts, of course, are less, reflecting what all of us are seeing overall. If some of these new sales are because of chasing unauthorized use, I would agree the chasing charge would be a decent trade off, because I see more money out of it than the charges are.

But since there is no explanation, no connection with a particular sale, I don’t understand what’s going on.

 

ALAMY, please let us know what we are being debited for.

 

I've had the same thing the past two months, Betty. It's bad enough with what is happening with our commissions being cut, but now they're taking money away. . . and for what??

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I have two charges on my account today. I don’t have a clue for what they are, unless it would be chasing expenses on unauthorized usage. One for $.91, the other for $5.14.

It would be nice if some short explanation is made available when we get charged for something.

I actually have more sales this month than I’ve had in ages. The amounts, of course, are less, reflecting what all of us are seeing overall. If some of these new sales are because of chasing unauthorized use, I would agree the chasing charge would be a decent trade off, because I see more money out of it than the charges are.

But since there is no explanation, no connection with a particular sale, I don’t understand what’s going on.

 

ALAMY, please let us know what we are being debited for.

I had the same deduction <.91 so I emailed Alamy and got a quick response.

The deductions you are seeing are related to a previous affiliate sale where the affiliate commission was not paid correctly and therefore, we are having to make an adjustment now. You should not have been paid for this sale yet so you won’t be out of pocket.

Also

The Affiliate scheme is where a business or person displays an Alamy affiliate link on their website which directs customers to our site. Anyone can be an affiliate and you can find more information about the scheme here.

I am not in the Affliliate scheme as far as I know

 

Edited by Rico
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I have two charges on my account today. I don’t have a clue for what they are.....

 

ALAMY, please let us know what we are being debited for.

I have two detailed as: Affiliate commission charge for IY01812517 Image ..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I see. Maybe I missed something. I’ll go back and take a peek. Thanks!

Nope. Just listed as “other fees”. So if there is any chasing fees since I haven’t yet changed mine from exclusive while waiting to see contract changes, I won’t know what the charges are for.

Edited by Betty LaRue
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I see. Maybe I missed something. I’ll go back and take a peek. Thanks!

Nope. Just listed as “other fees”. So if there is any chasing fees since I haven’t yet changed mine from exclusive while waiting to see contract changes, I won’t know what the charges are for.

Have you downloaded the report Betty? That gives further details.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

2ARFPTP.jpg  Actually sold one that I took from the "What should I shoot?" suggestions.

 

Seems I sold it in April - just popped up now

 

Edited by Jim_Grady
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Rico said:

I had the same deduction <.91 so I emailed Alamy and got a quick response.

The deductions you are seeing are related to a previous affiliate sale where the affiliate commission was not paid correctly and therefore, we are having to make an adjustment now. You should not have been paid for this sale yet so you won’t be out of pocket.

Also

The Affiliate scheme is where a business or person displays an Alamy affiliate link on their website which directs customers to our site. Anyone can be an affiliate and you can find more information about the scheme here.

I am not in the Affliliate scheme as far as I know

 

 

That's a little contradictory, isn't it? "You should not have been paid for this sale yet so you won’t be out of pocket." So, we haven't been paid for the sale, but have been deducted the affiliate commission? What?!

 

I, likewise have had a deduction, yet cannot see what the relevant sale was because...below (the image ID is not listed)

 

21 minutes ago, Avpics said:

I have two detailed as: Affiliate commission charge for IY01812517 Image ..

 

 

Does this mean that Alamy are now deducting affiliate fees before the licence fee appears?! Surely not?

Edited by losdemas
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Have you downloaded the report Betty? That gives further details.

No, I haven’t. Thanks.

Just looked, and yes, I had downloaded it. No details. I always download it (just quit paying attention to what it’s called). That’s how I see sales that doesn’t show up in Images Sold yet. The last one I posted I’d from that page.

Edited by Betty LaRue
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, losdemas said:

 

That's a little contradictory, isn't it? "You should not have been paid for this sale yet so you won’t be out of pocket." So, we haven't been paid for the sale, but have been deducted the affiliate commission? What?!

 

I, likewise have had a deduction, yet cannot see what the relevant sale was because...below (the image ID is not listed)

 

 

 

Does this mean that Alamy are now deducting affiliate fees before the licence fee appears?! Surely not?

 

Agree losdemas

This all seems nonsensical.

"The deductions you are seeing are related to a previous affiliate sale where the affiliate commission was not paid correctly and therefore, we are having to make an adjustment now. You should not have been paid for this sale yet so you won’t be out of pocket."

 

Why was the affiliate commission not paid correctly?

 

Has this sale been already reported on the relevant contributors  report and was the relevant commission entry not right (see request for reason above)? Is that the reason? 

 

"You should not have been paid for this sale yet so you won’t be out of pocket." - this could mean that payment hasn't cleared yet rather than a sale still to be reported.

 

 I hope not, but if it has not been reported yet as a sale (surely not) then we are out of pocket - example; your balance is reduced below £50, you miss out on payment from 01 June before the sale shows 02 June.  

 

So many things are made hard for us - late (often very late) payments, honesty box approach, unlicensed use queries, and a distinct lack of plain English...... 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

birmingham-uk-6th-april-2021-snow-fell-across-birmingham-in-an-unusual-twist-of-weather-this-afternoon-pictured-a-frosty-tree-on-farmland-in-the-pheasey-village-of-north-birmingham-credit-ryan-underwood-alamy-live-news-2F7E1JH.jpg
Low $$ sale used in The Sun online... UK Weather rates. Sudden snow fall in Pheasey, Birmingham at the start of April.

 

Also, this peculiar one...

leamington-spa-warwickshire-uk-30th-march-2021-bins-are-filled-to-the-brim-with-bottles-and-cans-and-food-rubbish-as-hundreds-flock-to-the-fields-around-victoria-park-in-leamington-including-many-students-from-the-nearby-warwick-university-credit-ryan-underwood-alamy-live-news-2F67A9G.jpg

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 28 May 2021
Duration: In perpetuity as per PA Images subscription agreement

 

Slightly higher $$ but not fantastic for TV... Never seen PA Images referenced in terms before.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, losdemas said:

 

That's a little contradictory, isn't it? "You should not have been paid for this sale yet so you won’t be out of pocket." So, we haven't been paid for the sale, but have been deducted the affiliate commission? What?!

 

I, likewise have had a deduction, yet cannot see what the relevant sale was because...below (the image ID is not listed)

 

 

 

Does this mean that Alamy are now deducting affiliate fees before the licence fee appears?! Surely not?

If they deducted 91 cents from just about everyone, Alamy just scored thousands of $$ at the stroke of a keyboard.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/C3HM76/cherry-blossom-petals-on-the-grass-on-the-ground-under-cherry-trees-C3HM76.jpg

UK Magazine - print, digital and electronic - Print run up to 500,000 -  Placement Inside - $

Cherry blossom on the ground.

Google first thinks it's daisies, but then counters with: Short Lived Banque d'image et photos - Alamy - I kid you not. 😂

 

wim

 

I had two of those today. Sounds like the same UK magazine. Both were images that license regularly, often for good prices. Slightly depressing...

  

P.S. mine said inside or cover 

Edited by John Mitchell
Link to post
Share on other sites

Two licences today. First non exclusive RF with some details of licence. Below mid $$

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only Editorial print + digital use.
nudibranch-sea-slug-goniobranchus-kuniei-previously-chromodoris-kuniei-BM2KX2.jpg

 

Second barely $$, RM & exclusive. First licence of this image. Another unlimited duration at any size for a pittance.
Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial, Editorial, Book and Ebook, Interior, Unlimited print run, World All Language rights, for the life of the title
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: Unlimited
Placement: Any - print inside, electronic, online
Image Size: Any size
Start: 28 May 2021
Duration: Unlimited


tiger-tail-sea-cucumber-holothuria-mertensiothuria-hilla-also-known-as-sausage-sea-cucumber-uepi-solomon-islands-solomon-sea-pacific-ocean-RTDB49.jpg
 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.