1 hour ago, Angler said:

Early digital from 2000 on the D1. Engineer covered in foam and mud while drilling for water at the Gwalia Whisky Distillery Penderyn Powys Wales UK. Sold for multiple editorial use.

engineer-covered-in-foam-and-mud-while-drilling-for-water-at-the-gwalia-A99D4C.jpg

A great image - but not such a great job!

John.

• Love 1

Bridge Street, Ballater, Royal Deeside, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, United Kingdom, Europe.bridge-street-ballater-royal-deeside-aberdeenshire-scotland-united-C86CBF.jpg

Usage: Editorial, 550 images UK Based Websites & The House, Parliamentary, Civil Service World & Holyrood Magazines.
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Start: 05 May 2021
End: 05 May 2026

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Brocken my duck, with my first sale this month and it was a good one too! 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Front cover
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 06 May 2021
End: 06 May 2026
Rights include photo appearing as a thumbnail in Table of Contents or Glossary. Electronic, digital and PDF rights granted for the facsimile of the original publication. Promotional in-context rights granted.

A seated,  single, adult, male, Mandrill at Wingham  Wildlife Park. Stock Photo

• Love 3
  • Like 1

old-mill-museum-in-mill-creek-park-in-yo

Editorial RF Personal Use calculator price.

In the mid 1970s I photographed a large coffee table book that was published by The New York Graphic Society in the USA and McClelland and Stewart in Canada. The book covered historic mills in eastern/central Canada, and the north eastern USA. This historic grist mill, in Ohio, was in the book.

The publisher still passes on requests for prints or digital files, of specific mills, from people who have seen the book. People who feel they have a connection to a specific mill. These people are willing to pay a reasonable amount for a print or digital file.

It could be that their family once owned the mill, or they volunteer at the local historic society, or they grew up around the corner from the mill, or the building or area has some other meaning to them.

So I believe, even if the buyer has not seen the book, that this sale is a genuine PU.

Alamy is primarily a wholesale business to business operation. In a wholesale business, some clients can leverage their buying power to negotiate a lower price. No such leverage exists for the one off retail buyer using the price calculator, and a credit card, to purchase a Personal Use license.

This lack of negotiating power for a PU is why the price paid for a PU license has remained stable over the years. As the average price for all Alamy licenses falls, then the average value of a stable PU license approaches the average for all licenses. PU prices start to look like any other Alamy price.

There are more higher spending retail buyers out there, than there are penny pinching wholesale buyers. There is great potential for both volume and price stability with retail PU buyers. Amazon does retail, why not stock photo agencies?

• Love 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Angler said:

Early digital from 2000 on the D1. Engineer covered in foam and mud while drilling for water at the Gwalia Whisky Distillery Penderyn Powys Wales UK. Sold for multiple editorial use.

engineer-covered-in-foam-and-mud-while-drilling-for-water-at-the-gwalia-A99D4C.jpg

Absolutely fantastic shot

• Love 1

Zoomed couple of days back. Low $$. Shot on Sony RX-100 IV

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 07 May 2021
End: 07 May 2026

electric-van-plugged-into-charging-pod-on-roadside-in-london-2DHBTGH.jpg

Edited by Gnans
  • Love 1

This is a throw my flat cap up in the air day. First underwater pic sale since 2016. I captured this critter on slide film in 1998, in a previous life. 

Worldwide editorial magazine, print or web, multiple use for 2 years. $xx, above my average (2.5 pints of beer in my favourite watering hole).

velvet-swimming-crab-necora-puber-on-seabed-in-front-of-dead-mans-fingers-alcyonium-digitatum-uk-2E4KMBH.jpg

Velvet swimming crab, Scotland. 2E4KMBH.

• Love 5

25 minutes ago, Sally R said:

You're welcome Gen! I really like the composition in this one. The two trees balance the image really well. The article was interesting too. I learned something about spinifex circles! Glad you got a decent license fee for it.

The sun was a little too low when we went for a walk but it was far too hot to go earlier, well into the 40C. We were the only campers there not surprisingly. 

Anyway, I deserved it because that's what the flies were like during the walk. Here and here

Edited by gvallee

On 06/05/2021 at 13:41, John Mitchell said:

Charming image. Apparently Ottawa has changed a lot since I was there last. I remember seeing dinosaurs (of the political variety), but no elephants. 😎

you have obviously not seen the white elephant projects added over the last few years at the municipal level. 

3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

you have obviously not seen the white elephant projects added over the last few years at the municipal level. 

I guess I've been hanging out at the wrong watering holes. 🐘

I went on an all-women fishing trip in the boundary waters of Minnesota, far north of my stomping grounds. That was the only time I encountered black flies. For those who don’t know them, they are very small with a bite bigger than you would expect. I was warned before traveling up to get 100% Deet.

All biting and bloodsucking insects adore me. I had on jeans, heavy socks, long-sleeved shirt and a jacket. I applied deet to my skin and my clothes. It kept them away for about 10 minutes. The worst of the attack was my ankles, where they were small enough to get through the weave of my socks. Really stung. They went after my face and hands, also. I never wanted to go back.

The other women applied deet and weren’t bothered. That’s because I was the candy.
If you don’t want bitten, invite me on your excursion. You’ll be insect-free.

Small $ 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Start: 09-May-2021 ; End: 09-May-2026 ; Additional Details: For Editorial use in The Football League Paper, The Non-League Paper, Late Tackle

supporters-at-a-protest-against-the-chairman-ron-martin-outside-the-roots-hall-stadium-of-southend-utd-football-club-essex-uk-chanting-2FFJM1B.jpg

My town's team Southend Utd have been relegated out of the Football League after 101 years of continuous top flight football. The fans aren't happy with the chairman's priorities and have held protests at the last two home games.

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I went on an all-women fishing trip in the boundary waters of Minnesota, far north of my stomping grounds. That was the only time I encountered black flies. For those who don’t know them, they are very small with a bite bigger than you would expect. I was warned before traveling up to get 100% Deet.

All biting and bloodsucking insects adore me. I had on jeans, heavy socks, long-sleeved shirt and a jacket. I applied deet to my skin and my clothes. It kept them away for about 10 minutes. The worst of the attack was my ankles, where they were small enough to get through the weave of my socks. Really stung. They went after my face and hands, also. I never wanted to go back.

The other women applied deet and weren’t bothered. That’s because I was the candy.

Australian flies seem to delight in hitching a ride on your shoulders and are a nuisance but Canadian and Minnesota black flies are a real menace. Wisconsin & Michigan would have lots of buggy forests too. How can such a little critter hurt so much!? Not at all like being stung by a mosquito, they take a little piece out of you more like an ant and they can get through just about anything. I react strenuously to mosquitoes for a couple of days, black fly bites last a couple of weeks. There are several fairly effective deterrents but clearly having Betty along might be useful. I recall that one of the first things I found in common with my to be other half, Jane had a profound dislike of mosquitoes and other biting insects. Relationships have been founded on stranger things?

Edited by Robert M Estall

9 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Betty, I can relate!!  I was just in Minnesota and encountered black flies while hiking - they were awful! I was with a friend whom they didn't bother at all, but they swarmed me and now I'm covered in huge itchy bumps. It's been 4 days and the bites aren't much better 😩

7 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

Australian flies seem to delight in hitching a ride on your shoulders and are a nuisance but Canadian and Minnesota black flies are a real menace. Wisconsin & Michigan would have lots of buggy forests too. How can such a little critter hurt so much!? Not at all like being stung by a mosquito, they take a little piece out of you more like an ant and they can get through just about anything. I react strenuously to mosquitoes for a couple of days, black fly bites last a couple of weeks. There are several fairly effective deterrents but clearly having Betty along might be useful. I recall that one of the first things I found in common with my to be other half, Jane had a profound dislike of mosquitoes and other biting insects. Relationships have been founded on stranger things?

3 hours ago, Gina Kelly said:

Betty, I can relate!!  I was just in Minnesota and encountered black flies while hiking - they were awful! I was with a friend whom they didn't bother at all, but they swarmed me and now I'm covered in huge itchy bumps. It's been 4 days and the bites aren't much better 😩

I’ll take Oklahoma/Kansas mosquitoes any day over black fly bites. The fly bites are much more painful. I have no idea what biting insects love about some of us while leaving others alone. I once read an article that hinted it might be an over abundance of estrogen in women, but no, that doesn’t answer why some men are also eaten up. 
My husband always denied there were mosquitoes, while I, right beside him, was eaten alive. Maybe that was his close proximity to me! 😂 But when outside alone, he still was not bothered. They sometimes buzzed his eyes and ears, but never landed and fed.

Robert, I agree the flies take a piece of you!!

Gina, I’m so sorry you are suffering. I relate right back atcha!

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Guys, I just got two sales with the same image - a Presentation and a PU for the usual high $ UK price - exactly the same amount!

Am I right to think that this is weird?

That does sound a bit odd. However, they are two different types of uses. It sounds as if the buyer might have been honest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

That does sound a bit odd. However, they are two different types of uses. It sounds as if the buyer might have been honest.

Thanks, John!

We all need that kind of honest buyers... 🙂