Cheers Alan and Steve !

Times online 5th

World

Eric Baccega  Angolan Giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis angolensis) Etosha National Park, Namibia, Africa. - HM7346

Magdeburg, Germany. 1st Mar, 2017. Soldiers of the German military "Kommando Spezialkräfte"  Kay Nietfeld/dpa/Alamy Live News JGX2WM

Business

Peter Devlin  Railway construction workers laying new track - : K5X14P

Diabetes drug Farxiga (dapagliflozin) is displayed at a pharmacy in Provo, Utah, U.S. May 28, 2020. REUTERS/George Frey 2CM64KH

Londonstills.com  Havelock Tavern on the corner of Masbro Road and Irving Road in Olympia, London - APRTPP

Rob Arnold  Race Bank Offshore Wind Farm during construction in 2017 - Image ID: PEDKRC

Carolyn Jenkins  M&S quality approved information on tag label on reflective ghost keyring ready for Halloween set on white background - KD5TF0

Times2

Galit Seligmann  Le Corbusier, General Assembly Palace, Capitol Complex, Chandigarh, Punjab, India -  C2MGE4

Scotland

Musselburgh, United Kingdom. 04 May, 2021 Pictured: Scottish Conservatives leader, Douglas Ross  Rich Dyson/Alamy Live News  2FKW3GX

SST Edinburgh Scotland, UK May 04 2021.Scottish Labour leader Anas Sarwar alamy live news - 2FKWD5G

Susan McLennan  A sign post for the Drumochter Summit on the A9, Scottish Highlands. - Image ID: CP83NH

Duncan Hale-Sutton  Rear view of a group of helmeted policemen during the Carnival for Full Enjoyment on Princes Street, Edinburgh. B0B5XJ

Dennis Hardley  Beach on the Island of Gigha, Argyll - Image ID: R3E6EG

Peter Muller  Students working together in computer class - Image ID: F3HE43

Methil, Scotland, UK. 16 April 2021. A Methil fabrication yard in Fife is to reopen  Iain Masterton/Alamy Live News - 2F946TT

News

Colin McPherson  The Mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, pictured in his office at the Municipal Buildings in the city. - : E15J7E

dpa  Nick Kamen in December 1986 in Los Angeles. | usage worldwide - Image ID: PK39AB

Colby Lysne  Man dressed all in red standing with his back to the camera facing a field of competitors holding up a starter gun  KF5BMK

Simon Dack  Elderly woman suffering a cold or flu virus blowing nose on tissue paper ill health - FFHXY6

News in Pictures

London, UK. 4 May 2021. Staff members view Beuys’ Acorns,  outside Tate Modern . Credit: Stephen Chung / Alamy Live News -  2FKW8JM

Edited by Bryan
Updated
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/number-of-nhs-doctors-looking-to-retire-early-doubles/

Mural of tired NHS doctor during Coronavirus pandemic by Catman in Whitstable, UK   Nathaniel Noir 2CAKCF7

https://www.insuranceinsider.com/article/28hi0mnn5g1zp18aysqo0/peristrat-lifts-covid-loss-tally-by-1bn-to-37bn-as-q1-opens

Young woman wearing face mask while walking in the streets of London  adrian brockwell 2B37M3H

A few in CT published on 4th May about Warsaw  https://theculturetrip.com/europe/poland/articles/20-must-visit-attractions-in-warsaw/

Valentyn Volkov

David Angus

Michael Brooks

Anna Stowe Travel

tony french

Piotr Borkowski

Georgios Tsichlis

Jaap Arriens/Xinhua

Marcin Rogozinski

imageBROKER

pawlopicasso

Marcin Rogozinski

Artur Bogacki

Gunter Kirsch

Juha Puikkonen

Konrad Zelazowski

https://vt.co/entertainment/10-facts-that-highlight-just-how-rich-bill-gates-is-compared-to-you (Crop ?)

Microsoft founder Bill Gates during a visit to the Department of Energy October 8, 2013 in Washington, DC.  EK3G5X GARY DOAK

https://nation.cymru/news/tories-gain-support-according-to-senedd-election-poll/ (Crop?)

Prof.Mark Drakeford, First Minister of Wales in the Welsh Government . KCHWWW Christopher Jones 

Edited by Gnans
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8
24 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Does anyone know why the images posted by Tony ALS don't show up on a Mac with Safari?

Paulette

The last set of images are direct link to the BBC website. Possibly blocked to USA viewers. Works OK on my Mac/Safari.

Webby

Edited by Webby
26 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Does anyone know why the images posted by Tony ALS don't show up on a Mac with Safari?

Paulette

Hi Paulette, this was reported as a problem earlier in the thread and seems to be a Safari issue for some. If you try Firefox or Chrome I believe this works. I am outside the UK so it's not just about being outside the UK but then the US does tend to go it alone in many respects so who knows.

14 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Thanks for all the replies. I'm too lazy to switch to Firefox so it's all my fault if I miss out.

Paulette

I'll risk a recommendation here. I've used FF since about 2005 and I've never been back to IE. Copying over all your bookmarks is dead easy- and you can still run other browsers as well. I still use Chrome as it's a but smoother on maps on my machine

3 minutes ago, Cecile Marion said:

I’m wondering if you have some sort of block on your computer.  Can you access other BBC info? https://www.bbc.com

I think Webby may be onto this.

bbc.co.uk is geoblocked outside the UK because it's supported by the licence fee which is only paid by UK residents. This is why you can't legitimately watch BBC shows outside the UK.

bbc.com is separate and funded by advertising and the BBC's trading companies so it's available everywhere, but those particular images are hosted on bbc.co.uk and so blocked. It may be a mistake.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

bbc.co.uk is geoblocked outside the UK because it's supported by the licence fee which is only paid by UK residents. This is why you can't legitimately watch BBC shows outside the UK.

bbc.com is separate and funded by advertising and the BBC's trading companies so it's available everywhere, but those particular images are hosted on bbc.co.uk and so blocked. It may be a mistake.

Here's the root web address from where the images are taken.

https://www.bbc.com/news

It's the international version which I look at as I'm outside the UK.

All very mysterious.

37 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

This is what I suspect also, and combined with Safari paranoid settings it gets blocked for security reasons.

I sometimes have trouble accessing official Spanish government sites due to security blocks by Safari and find using Firefox works in 99.999% of these cases.

Phil

I love this cute Sumatran rhinoceros, and it's a nice, good news story too...

Kids News 4 May 2021

https://www.kidsnews.com.au/animals/fresh-hope-in-study-of-critically-endangered-sumatran-rhinoceros/news-story/20bb85154301d2d515b8c3985e23f332

Sumatran Rhinoceros (Dicerorhinus sumatrensis) female eating leaves, Sumatran Rhino Sanctuary, Way Kambas National Park,

Contributor: Minden Pictures / Alamy Stock Photo

Image ID: H891MK

Photographer: Cyril Ruoso/ Minden Pictures

Sumatran Rhinoceros (Dicerorhinus sumatrensis) female eating leaves, Sumatran Rhino Sanctuary, Way Kambas National Stock Photo

• Upvote 4