Best Photo Editing Program Other Than Adobe?

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Hi John, I have been looking on line at instructions for Capture One 21 Express and it appears that they now have a keystone correction tool. Maybe you are still using 20 Exp.

Allan

Where is the keystone correction tool in the interface for Capture One 21 Sony Express?  

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

Where is the keystone correction tool in the interface for Capture One 21 Sony Express?  

I don't know. I saw a youtube presentation on line but it was talking about other things too. Have not had time to get back to it yet.

Allan

DARN! Went back to look for the item and can't find it now. Should'a bookmarked it.   Sorry

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

Two more problems solved today. One with the kind help of Michael Ventura. The last two problems will be moved to sometime towards the end of May. 

And speaking of moving, I have made the first steps in getting out of this problem ridden building. I will stay in Liverpool City Centre. 

• Upvote 2
53 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I don't know. I saw a youtube presentation on line but it was talking about other things too. Have not had time to get back to it yet.

Allan

DARN! Went back to look for the item and can't find it now. Should'a bookmarked it.   Sorry

ITMA

The full Capture One for Sony has it in the cursor tools (newest version).   It doesn't show up in the newest version of Capture One Express for Sony, or at least I couldn't find it. 

The newest version of Capture One was released in the last day or two since I updated my Sony Express version just a few days ago and then today with the latest version, and also installed a separate instance for the full version trial.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Hi John, I have been looking on line at instructions for Capture One 21 Express and it appears that they now have a keystone correction tool. Maybe you are still using 20 Exp.

Allan

Nope, I have the 21 version of Express. Still can't find a keystone correction tool, though.

Edited by John Mitchell
1 hour ago, MizBrown said:

The full Capture One for Sony has it in the cursor tools (newest version).   It doesn't show up in the newest version of Capture One Express for Sony, or at least I couldn't find it. 

The newest version of Capture One was released in the last day or two since I updated my Sony Express version just a few days ago and then today with the latest version, and also installed a separate instance for the full version trial.

That's right. There still seems to be only rotate and straighten cursor tools in the latest Express, no keystone tool.

I've been using FastStone for the past year or so, (faststone.org) - though its Windows only. no mac version

Works with RAW files, Great controls for lifting shadow areas, rotate/autocrop by increments, Good batch processing as well. 

Cloning isn't as good as Photoshop, but is ok for odd spots, and sadly it doesn't do IPTC data. But otherwise excellent for general editing.

Free trial, $35 licence

I'm still inputting IPTC data with Photoshop at the mo, I could do with a simple prog to do that, though I have just installed photomechanic & we'll see how that goes

7 hours ago, GP Essex said:

I've been using FastStone for the past year or so, (faststone.org) - though its Windows only. no mac version

Works with RAW files, Great controls for lifting shadow areas, rotate/autocrop by increments, Good batch processing as well. 

Cloning isn't as good as Photoshop, but is ok for odd spots, and sadly it doesn't do IPTC data. But otherwise excellent for general editing.

Free trial, $35 licence

I'm still inputting IPTC data with Photoshop at the mo, I could do with a simple prog to do that, though I have just installed photomechanic & we'll see how that goes

I have an ancient version of Photo Mechanic that I somehow managed to get running on Windows 10. It's a really good program for adding captions and keywords as well as for sorting and deleting images.