Live News confusion

FBFW (hopefully FB).?????

For better or for worse . . .

dd

Sorry, Phil, I didn't mean to be cryptic. I got an e-mail this morning directly from Alamy live news, and they are looking into the situation (FBFW).

No problem John, I'm just illiterate when it comes to this type of shortened speak ^_^

Sorry, Phil, I didn't mean to be cryptic. I got an e-mail this morning directly from Alamy live news, and they are looking into the situation (FBFW).

No problem John, I'm just illiterate when it comes to this type of shortened speak ^_^

Actually, Phil, this shortened speak is illiterate. It's a sign of the times, unfortunately.

12-11-2013

The following media which contain Reportage/Archival images have now been processed by Alamy.

DATE RECEIVED                 ALAMY MEDIA REF               STATUS

11/11/2013                    OL2435418                     Passed QC

Your images are now ready to be annotated (including captioned and keyworded) in the

“Manage Images” section of “My Alamy”.  

You can monitor the progress of all of your submissions in ‘Track Submissions’ in ‘My Alamy’.

Kind regards

Alamy

I could be mistaken but I've been under the impression that this email is an auto-response, send out sometime after images have been processed, when the system isn't too busy. I'm always confused about the way various upload paths handle data entered into the Caption area in PhotoShop so when I can, I'll check the images in Manage Images and finish off any captioning and keywording - sometimes before it even appears in Track Images as "Bypassed QC" I suspect what happened in this instance was, your images were bounced back to QC because they weren't considered newsworthy, and there was some kind of subsequent glitch in the process.

I've also had the impression there's some difference between what those of us in the US consider news and what's news in the UK, but I don't understand why Alamy Live News would reject an image because it looked like stock. News outlets use stock images every day. It would be helpful if Alamy Live News could clarify. Then I could pin a copy on my monitor ;)

I've also had the impression there's some difference between what those of us in the US consider news and what's news in the UK, but I don't understand why Alamy Live News would reject an image because it looked like stock. News outlets use stock images every day. It would be helpful if Alamy Live News could clarify. Then I could pin a copy on my monitor ;)

Alamy

On a light-hearted note: judging by the usual content of the Live News Feed, the Germans seem to do the real, hard-hitting news, the Yanks do the (American) football and us Brits do the weather! :D

12-11-2013

The following media which contain Reportage/Archival images have now been processed by Alamy.

DATE RECEIVED                 ALAMY MEDIA REF               STATUS

11/11/2013                    OL2435418                     Passed QC

Your images are now ready to be annotated (including captioned and keyworded) in the

“Manage Images” section of “My Alamy”.  

You can monitor the progress of all of your submissions in ‘Track Submissions’ in ‘My Alamy’.

Kind regards

Alamy

I could be mistaken but I've been under the impression that this email is an auto-response, send out sometime after images have been processed, when the system isn't too busy. I'm always confused about the way various upload paths handle data entered into the Caption area in PhotoShop so when I can, I'll check the images in Manage Images and finish off any captioning and keywording - sometimes before it even appears in Track Images as "Bypassed QC" I suspect what happened in this instance was, your images were bounced back to QC because they weren't considered newsworthy, and there was some kind of subsequent glitch in the process.

The person from Alamy Live News who contacted me today seemed as confused by what happened as I am. I don't think that the images could have bounced back to QC because they remained in the live news feed for 48 hours and were then transferred to the general stock collection before being deleted. But who knows?

Here in Canada, "news" these days means Rob Ford, the out-of-control mayor of Toronto. Even Saturday Night Live is cashing in on his antics. But best not to go there...

Here in Canada, "news" these days means Rob Ford, the out-of-control mayor of Toronto. Even Saturday Night Live is cashing in on his antics. But best not to go there...

Rob Ford is news here in New York too. That's quite an accomplishment considering we just got over an election year of weiners , johns, kitty killers and campaign ads with photos grabbed off the web.

He's ruined your reputation for being too nice to be interesting.

Paulette

Yes, well, it was a myth anyway. Unlike Rob Ford's, my problems seem to be over. Alamy News is still not sure what the glitch was, but my recent images are in the process of returning to the general stock collection. All's well that ends well, but probably not for the mayor of TO.

Archived