2 minutes ago, PAL Media said:

No thanks

A free service for looking up image theft has been useful to me for over a year and now it appears to have gone, oh well, roll on the next one (pixsy atm)

Then why bother to question what I say? 🤷‍♂️

On 15/04/2021 at 09:12, Sally said:

"Alamy photo sharing website"

Calling Alamy a photo sharing website, as the copyright violator did, means having no sense of what a stock agency is or does, or deliberately lying for sympathy. 

14 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Then why bother to question what I say? 🤷‍♂️

I didn't question anything you said, I agreed with Sally

Anyway, I'm out

24 minutes ago, PAL Media said:

I didn't question anything you said, I agreed with Sally

Anyway, I'm out

You directly contradicted what I said without bothering to review the information I provided - which also included a provisio which stated that the Trust Pilot 'reviews' from both sides may or may not be genuine.

Anyway, likewise.

• Like 1

Doesn't look like I will be getting any answers to the messages I sent them last week.

The dialogue box has been wiped clean as though nothing ever happened.

And it seems they are 'on holiday'. 

I0000YT5lP6a4H8I.jpg

4 hours ago, PAL Media said:

Permanently on holiday, it looks like

I have now deleted all images as it doesn't look like this will survive.

I had some image usages found yesterday on Copytrack.

What are you using instead?

3 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

I had some image usages found yesterday on Copytrack.

What are you using instead?

Copytrack has just gone dead on me, so I uploaded a load to pixsy which appears to be ok but has a 500 image limit and atm has only brought up scraper sites which I don't think they will touch

Just now, PAL Media said:

Copytrack has just gone dead on me, so I uploaded a load to pixsy which appears to be ok but has a 500 image limit and atm has only brought up scraper sites which I don't think they will touch

Back to square one it seems, then.

Strange, I've just this second received a message from Copytrack:

Dear Andy

you have a few hits in your inbox. Take a look if any of those hits are possible illegal violations and submit them to us today!

We can only help you to pursue copyright violations and secure revenue when you submit hits as claims to us.

Submit Violations Here

If you have any questions about our claim review and pursuit process, feel free to contact me!

Cheers,
Marleen 

I'm still getting hits on my portfolio (today). They aren't so good at pursuing claims, but they do find useful usages (e.g. for DACS claims or filling in Alamy unreportage usages) and I have had a decent settlement fee from them.

Mark

I expect that both the above messages have been auto-generated.

I'm still getting 'Hits' but that is surely just an automated process. 

1 hour ago, PAL Media said:

The Pixsy free service isn't up to much. The paid options might look expensive but you don't have to commit to a year. You can cancel after a month or so. At the moment I'm on the 80 bucks a month deal and they import all my images from Photoshelter without me having to do a thing. What I mean is they will continue with any cases in progress but not keep scanning all the images when you stop your subscription. 

I don't find their matching technology as good as Copytrack - lots of false positives to plough through - and I don't find it completely intuitive either. 

But so far so good with Pixsy. The scary thing is that you are held responsible for costs if it turns out that the 'accused' does have a licence or if you decide to cancel a Case that has started progress and they have done some work on it( minimum $200 a time, a lot more if lawyers have been engaged and want to be paid). Could be expensive given that stock photography sales reports aren't watertight. 

Edited by geogphotos
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/04/2021 at 16:06, PAL Media said:

No thanks

A free service for looking up image theft has been useful to me for over a year and now it appears to have gone, oh well, roll on the next one (pixsy atm)

Possibly giving up too hastily. Copytrack seems to be back on track finding my images. I still have a 20,000 image limit. Not paying any fee. They did reply to a message I sent ages ago today. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sally said:

Possibly giving up too hastily. Copytrack seems to be back on track finding my images. I still have a 20,000 image limit. Not paying any fee. They did reply to a message I sent ages ago today. 

Yeah, uploaded a few more and after 3 days found 1, Just not as good for me now.