Just now, PAL Media said:

Damn, they seem to have cottoned on and are now a paid for service

You say that.  I had the 'you have reached your upload limit' message the other day but it's now disappeared and normal service has resumed.  Mind you, you upload more pics than me so I may be wrong...

I was wondering if they have stopped functioning. Nothing seems to be happening on my 'Cases'. No reply to messages about wanting to increase the number of images. 

I like their search engine but not impressed otherwise.

• Thanks 1

I'm still seeing this:

COPYTRACK is 100% risk free

No win, no fee – we retain a commission only in the case of success

No monthly fee, no hidden costs!

You pay no registration fee and no monthly usage fee. Our service is free of direct costs of any kind – we only receive a commission if we succeed.

The amount of this commission is 45% for post-licensing as well as further legal steps worldwide.

Of course, billing is completely automatic to save you valuable time. You never have to pay in advance.
Edited by geogphotos

I've been picking up vibes that all is not well. I feel fed up that some strong commercial cases have been messed up by them asking far too little and just not following up. I get the impression that 'managers' are just looking for easy low hanging fruit to pick up a few euros. 

One is a major financial company with over 1000 staff. Copytrack wouldn't take it on at the calculator price and suggested 80 euros. I was naive, new to it all,  went along with what the 'experts' suggested. I did say at the outset that I thought it was way too little ask. Now can't really take that anywhere else. The image is still up too. 

Edited by geogphotos
38 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

You say that.  I had the 'you have reached your upload limit' message the other day but it's now disappeared and normal service has resumed.  Mind you, you upload more pics than me so I may be wrong...

I had over 4000 images there, I deleted all of them except a new batch of 21.

None have been picked up yet, I know 2 of them have been used in The Sun, so something is up

• Like 1

In the comments section

39 minutes ago, GeoffK said:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.copytrack.com

Interesting background from Harry Smiths (if accurate).

In the comments section:

What a way of making a living in the middle of a pandemic crisis from this disgusting company. Their email ethiquette suggest you're dealing with low life people. So capitalistic so Nazi that even my grandma had goosbumps.
Apparently Sally Anderson contacted Copytrack GmbH Germany about an image infringement that we had taken from stock images 3 years ago (it has been removed since) is requesting us to pay £638 for a single image. 2nd email rather has a threatening tone from Copytrack GmbH Germany. Don't pay them and file a report for extortion after their 2nd or 3rd email just like we do.

That's not our Sally Anderson (Scotland) is it?

3 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

How do you delete images?

I had my images arranged in collections by year, you can delete the whole folder, or highlight images and dropdown menu pops up with options to delete

13 minutes ago, PAL Media said:

I had my images arranged in collections by year, you can delete the whole folder, or highlight images and dropdown menu pops up with options to delete

Thanks. I'll have a closer look. Have you been able to transfer any unresolved cases anywhere else?

OK. This may help, I don't know.

I have made claims using other services in the past, with some success and with some decent payouts at Pixsy, but I have always had the best (and worst! - as in no response) results when dealing directly with infringers myself. I tried Copytrack, but had my account locked after I tried to make a claim and told them that my images were with Alamy. I also let slip that I'd used Pixsy with success and that this was a test of the waters with them. That was it! They didn't want to know. Didn't even advise me that my account was going to be locked or terminated; didn't allow me to remove my images from their servers.

As for Pixsy (and/or others)- haven't done anything in a while. Don't know the good or bad anymore. Just about given up. It's all too depressing.

This review is similar, in a way, to my experience. (direct link from the Trust Pilot reviews link posted earlier). In fact, scroll down to that review on the main page and read several below it. All togs complaining about the service and results. I know that some users of this forum have had good results, so will be interesting to hear from them.

FURTHER EDIT: I know that these "reviews" should not always be taken at face value, so please make up your own minds. The last review is supposedly from a "small software publisher" who are dissing Copytrack. What do Copytrack have to do with finding pirated software? Nothing. So, as I say, it will be interesting to hear all views from genuine users of the service here! Far more reliable. Good luck folks! 😉😊

Edited by losdemas
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Thanks. I'll have a closer look. Have you been able to transfer any unresolved cases anywhere else?

Haven't looked, Once they started declining 'individual', 'scraper sites', etc I didn't bother with that side of it. It was great at finding my live news usages, that i could keep a record of and report to Alamy at a later stage.

I have 3 outstanding claims with them that haven't budged in months

Edited by PAL Media
6 hours ago, PAL Media said:

In the comments section

In the comments section:

What a way of making a living in the middle of a pandemic crisis from this disgusting company. Their email ethiquette suggest you're dealing with low life people. So capitalistic so Nazi that even my grandma had goosbumps.
Apparently Sally Anderson contacted Copytrack GmbH Germany about an image infringement that we had taken from stock images 3 years ago (it has been removed since) is requesting us to pay £638 for a single image. 2nd email rather has a threatening tone from Copytrack GmbH Germany. Don't pay them and file a report for extortion after their 2nd or 3rd email just like we do.

That's not our Sally Anderson (Scotland) is it?

Who knows if that is me. I do use Copytrack and am happy with it. That review is IMHO a pile of pants. Apparently I am “cooperating with these criminals by uploading her photos to Alamy photo sharing website.” 
https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/605b6b22f85d7507e41fd119

The poor reviews are -it seems - all from people who have infringed copyright and didn’t like the consequences. 

in another thread I reported that I have had 5 payouts this year. It also helps me to find live news uses that don’t get reported so I can get Alamy to chase them up. 

If a photographer cannot pursue copyright infringement without being abused online then it is a sad world.

Edited by Sally
  • Upvote 4
10 minutes ago, Sally said:

The poor reviews are -it seems - all from people who have infringed copyright and didn’t like the consequences. 

Yep

9 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Is Copytrack still functioning? Are any of you getting responses or signs of activity from staff?

Last communication I had with them was about a week ago when they contacted me to register one of my images with the US copyright office.

I have noticed that the image detection hasn’t been updating recently. Maybe undergoing some software changes such as happens here from time to time.

Edited by Sally

My experience with them has been weird and turned me off of pursuing using their service. I uploaded 1,000 images, as the limit was 1,000. I then sent the proper form requesting permission to upload more. It was all stated to be free, one only needed to send a request. Nothing happened so I eventually sent a follow up email, again requesting to increase the number of images uploaded, and got nothing. A few days later I received an email stating that I'd have to pay a monthly fee to upload more. So it has definitely changed and is no longer free. Also, while doing my initial upload I had a question and emailed a couple of times to get help/customer support and got no response. When I log on now I see that the "free" limit has changed from 1,000 to 500. I'll be deleting the images I have there.

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, losdemas said:

No.

What do you mean, no. The only people moaning about these services are the ones caught stealing images. Whether it's acceptable that they are then charged 10x the amount is another debate, but they shouldn't have stolen them in the first place, everyone is internet savvy, there are no excuses.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, PAL Media said:

3 days, no domain hits, I have images that should have been flagged up by now

I agree, something strange going on. I have been able to continue uploading images but I am also beginning to wonder whether the monitoring has ceased without upgrading to a plan. If that is the case I don’t understand why those of use who have been using the system for some time wouldn’t have been informed. I see this notice on my dashboard “Please upgrade to one of our paid plans if you would like to upload and monitor more than 500 images. 

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

What bothers me is that they seem to have made some half-hearted attempts to get payments at very low prices and then gone and disappeared. 

ie) lack of communication, something going on behind the scenes, is costing me money. So not FREE is it?? Quite COSTLY actually.

Those infringers have been alerted, had time to change their websites and now it seems Copytrack has given up, Great! 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, PAL Media said:

What do you mean, no. The only people moaning about these services are the ones caught stealing images. Whether it's acceptable that they are then charged 10x the amount is another debate, but they shouldn't have stolen them in the first place, everyone is internet savvy, there are no excuses.

Exactly what I say: your comment is incorrect. That's why I put the link in to my original post. Go back and read it. Go to the links. Read the posts. There are plenty there (from the original post I mention, onwards) which have supposedly been posted by photographers who say they have not received good service from Copytrack.

OFC there are plenty of posts by aggrieved thieves. There are plenty of sites (mostly those seeking advice from to-hire lawyers) on which Copytrack, Pixsy and all the others are mentioned by those who have stolen images.

EDIT: many more sites now - not just the lawyer advice ones - that claim to deal specifically  with claims from Pixsy, Copytrack, etc. An example (one of many).

Edited by losdemas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, losdemas said:

Go back and read it. Go to the links. Read the posts. There are plenty there (from the original post I mention, onwards) which have supposedly been posted by photographers who say they have not received good service from Copytrack.

No thanks

A free service for looking up image theft has been useful to me for over a year and now it appears to have gone, oh well, roll on the next one (pixsy atm)