Church of Saint Mary the Virgin , Hambleton , Lancashire , England , United Kingdom , Europe.

church-of-saint-mary-the-virgin-hambleton-lancashire-england-united-B02AM7.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 28 April 2021
End: 28 April 2026

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Stan Pritchard said:

Church of Saint Mary the Virgin , Hambleton , Lancashire , England , United Kingdom , Europe.

church-of-saint-mary-the-virgin-hambleton-lancashire-england-united-B02AM7.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Start: 28 April 2021
End: 28 April 2026

Nice picture Stan

I think Alamy should contact the Church of England and advertise our church pictures for Personal Use and also for parishes to sell postcards, print etc

Lots of people might be interested in a photo of the parish church where they live or their ancestors used to live.

Maybe genealogy websites would also be worth targeting. 

I'll have to remind myself to try this for Suffolk churches!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Nice picture Stan

I think Alamy should contact the Church of England and advertise our church pictures for Personal Use and also for parishes to sell postcards, print etc

Lots of people might be interested in a photo of the parish church where they live or their ancestors used to live.

Maybe genealogy websites would also be worth targeting. 

I'll have to remind myself to try this for Suffolk churches!

Thanks for the comments. As you might have noticed, I sold two images of this church this week, both for personal use, I would guess by someone who has a connection with the church in question. I have several hundred images of churches and am sorry to say that they very rarely sell but I still enjoy taking them, which for me is the object of the exercise.

A few years ago I took a holiday in Suffolk and had a great time photographing the churches there, which were so different to the ones in my local area.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EFG03W/shark-valley-everglades-visitors-observation-tower-everglades-national-EFG03W.jpg

Shark Valley Tower in the Everglades.

Worldwide iQ sale - Corporate client - Editorial website. Lower mid $$ (or higher low $$), but 5 different ones, so I'm not complaining.

wim

• Like 3

Had one just like Wim's above.  Nothing sharp about this photo but it has sold many times, including a Nat Geo use one of their magazines.   I'm lucky it passed QC!

usa-louisiana-la-cajun-country-breaux-bridge-atchafalaya-swamp-near-B1CH45.jpg

• Like 3
Just now, Michael Ventura said:

Had one just like Wim's above.  Nothing sharp about this photo but it has sold many times, including a Nat Geo use one of their magazines.   I'm lucky it passed QC!

usa-louisiana-la-cajun-country-breaux-bridge-atchafalaya-swamp-near-B1CH45.jpg

Haha! Nothing sharp means shouts emotion!

Great image!

(one more Ben's Chili Bowl among mine)

wim

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Haha! Nothing sharp means shouts emotion!

Great image!

(one more Ben's Chili Bowl among mine)

wim

Thanks Wim!  That was a memorable evening in Henderson, Louisiana...in the middle of Cajun Country.  Shot for a newspaper travel section and they ran this photo as the lead photo really big!

Ben's Chili Bowl is always worth shooting pics when possible.  Very iconic DC food spot.

This is a PU. Why do I think it’s not a PU? Because I take the Oklahoma City online newspaper, and recently read how they were closing this place for a year for massive renovations. I imagine this was sold to a news outlet.

It’s possible the city could have bought it for historical means, a print hanging in the gift shop after renovations, but I’m not sure if that would still be commercial. You are charged a fee to get in.

The Crystal Bridge located in the Myriad Botanical Gardens in downtown Oklahoma City, USA, at Reno and Robinson.

Inside the Crystal Bridge, you’ll find tropical plants from all over the world.

E17ETE.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

Thanks Wim!  That was a memorable evening in Henderson, Louisiana...in the middle of Cajun Country.  Shot for a newspaper travel section and they ran this photo as the lead photo really big!

Ben's Chili Bowl is always worth shooting pics when possible.  Very iconic DC food spot.

It turns out the Whiskey River Landing is easy to find on Google Maps. Lots of images many of which blurred 😁

Sadly Google says: permanently closed.

We went into the Bayou somewhere around there too, but I haven't been able to locate the exact spot yet, so the images will have to wait for that. Maybe ask my wife. Next time I want a camera with built in GPS.

Aha didn't need to: Big Brother Google knows exactly where I have been. It was on the other side of Breaux Bridge ten miles from The Whiskey Landing to the West. So we missed the whiskey because we shot right past it on the elevated Hwy. The very funny route that day brings it all back: lots of car trouble. With outside temperatures topping 100°F the AC died on us. Never knew September could be that hot down there. We went through 4 rental cars in 4 weeks. (Alarm going off now and then for no reason sounds not too bad, until it goes off in the middle of the night in a very quiet State Park campsite.  😠😠 🤷‍♂️ 😠😠)

Beautiful country down there! Must go back.

wim

21 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

It turns out the Whiskey River Landing is easy to find on Google Maps. Lots of images many of which blurred 😁

Sadly Google says: permanently closed.

We went into the Bayou somewhere around there too, but I haven't been able to locate the exact spot yet, so the images will have to wait for that. Maybe ask my wife. Next time I want a camera with built in GPS.

Aha didn't need to: Big Brother Google knows exactly where I have been. It was on the other side of Breaux Bridge ten miles from The Whiskey Landing to the West. So we missed the whiskey because we shot right past it on the elevated Hwy. The very funny route that day brings it all back: lots of car trouble. With outside temperatures topping 100°F the AC died on us. Never knew September could be that hot down there. We went through 4 rental cars in 4 weeks. (Alarm going off now and then for no reason sounds not too bad, until it goes off in the middle of the night in a very quiet State Park campsite.  😠😠 🤷‍♂️ 😠😠)

Beautiful country down there! Must go back.

wim

What a shame it has closed, it was packed when I was there but pandemic probably did it in.  Yes, beautiful area for sure.

A pre-Covid pic, but churches are now re-opening and welcoming visitors once again. My last licence (and best price!) of the month...

welcome-sign-in-many-languages-on-church-door-EA25FM.jpg
  • Like 2

royal-ontario-museum-rom-chinese-archite

editorial Royalty Free $$$

Sale resulted from two separate searches.

First search terms were "ming dynasty civil official". That showed one image of mine among 36 images by others. My one image was zoomed, resulting in highest possible CTR of 100.

Second search terms were "ming dynasty civil military". That showed one image of mine (the same image) among 10 images by others. My one image was zoomed again resulting in highest possible CTR of 100.

I am getting many one image shown, then image zoomed, resulting in highest possible CTR of 100, and then a sale of that one zoomed image. I think it is because of the more precise keywording and weak image deleating, that I did when the new image manager was introduced some years ago.

• Like 2

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book

Highish $$

FYBWK6.jpg

Alamy works, highest sale to date Mid $$ 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 25,000

wave-walker-jack-up-barge-helping-constr

• Like 2

Picture from college days of 1985. Young Jewish boy reading Torah for his bar mitzvah. Sold for television use.young-jewish-boy-reading-torah-for-his-bar-mitzvah-using-silver-pointer-CXHT78.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
On 26/04/2021 at 16:59, Tony ALS said:

concert-ticket-for-the-genesis-progressive-rock-group-turn-it-on-again-tour-twickenham-stadium-london-england-sunday-8th-july-2007-2E325CA.jpg

Second sale of a concert ticket this month.

PU🤷🏻‍♂️

I saw Genesis on this tour, too! Great show...

• Like 1

the-bronze-ushiku-daibutsu-great-buddha-with-hands-in-vitarka-mudra-stands-on-a-clear-winter-day-in-ushiku-ibaraki-japan-2AWP0DC.jpg

Low $$ 
Start: 24 April 2021
End: 24 April 2026

I took this photo years ago, but only got around to tagging it that week in late April, and then it sold that day! I should have done this one long ago!

Low $$

Sculpture At Bathers Beach 2020 outdoor exhibition Shift by Steve Tepper sculptor artist Fremantle Western Australia. 

- Image ID: 2B19RBX

sculpture-at-bathers-beach-2020-outdoor-exhibition-shift-by-steve-tepper-sculptor-artist-fremantle-western-australia-2B19RBX.jpg