Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Copyright is property like anything else and can be inherited, so if you inherited the photographs you can fairly assume you own the copyright as well. It might be something to discuss with other family members, but I don't think it's necessary unless they're particularly valuable.

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gina Kelly said:

 

Thanks!


You may want to ask any people still around, who are in the photos, if they have any problems with you uploading them to Alamy.  After all, they would be the only ones to possibly give you trouble.  I have some old family photos on Alamy fron the early 1900s.  My living family members are fine with it.  They are marked as having no releases.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:


You may want to ask any people still around, who are in the photos, if they have any problems with you uploading them to Alamy.  After all, they would be the only ones to possibly give you trouble.  I have some old family photos on Alamy fron the early 1900s.  My living family members are fine with it.  They are marked as having no releases.

It may be a courtesy but Gina asked about copyright- merely being in a photograph doesn't give you any rights over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the most exciting of images, and not surprisingly never sold before!

 

Just below mid $$.

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 26 April 2021
End: 26 April 2026

 

John.

 

Car park at Festival Park retail park Stoke-on-Trent Stoke North Staffs Staffordshire The Potteries West Midlands England, UK

car-park-at-festival-park-retail-park-stoke-on-trent-stoke-north-staffs-C712GG.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stokie said:

Not the most exciting of images, and not surprisingly never sold before!

 

Just below mid $$.

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 26 April 2021
End: 26 April 2026

 

John.

 

Car park at Festival Park retail park Stoke-on-Trent Stoke North Staffs Staffordshire The Potteries West Midlands England, UK

car-park-at-festival-park-retail-park-stoke-on-trent-stoke-north-staffs-C712GG.jpg

 

I love it because it shows that absolutely anything can sell on Alamy! 👍

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

view-of-storm-canyon-from-cleveland-national-forest-san-diego-county-DHTFHC.jpg

 

Third sale this month, this time for mid $$ Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.

View of Storm Canyon and Laguna Mountains, California. At this point I have about half as many sales as in 2020 but twice the revenue. Of course, 2020 was a terrible year for both, but still good to see my chart going in the right direction. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:


You may want to ask any people still around, who are in the photos, if they have any problems with you uploading them to Alamy.  After all, they would be the only ones to possibly give you trouble.  I have some old family photos on Alamy fron the early 1900s.  My living family members are fine with it.  They are marked as having no releases.

I have a few but in a casual setup. That's me in the two reds and the white.  I took three, my deceased husband took those I’m in.

 

HW050K.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

McCrackens Rest viewpoint of Great Southern Ocean driving to Invercargill, New Zealand South Island

mccrackens-rest-viewpoint-sign-and-dista

 

Only $,  but kinda nice to see travel pic sold in these times of pandemic lockdowns

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Colblimp said:

I love it because it shows that absolutely anything can sell on Alamy! 👍

Yes, any old rubbish can sell on Alamy! 😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stokie said:

Yes, any old rubbish can sell on Alamy! 😁

It's not rubbish, I didn't say it's rubbish.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

It's not rubbish, I didn't say it's rubbish.

I know, only kidding.

 

If an image I take is technically OK (as per Alamy rules) then I will submit it and let the buyers decide if it's worth purchasing.

 

John.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stokie said:

I know, only kidding.

 

If an image I take is technically OK (as per Alamy rules) then I will submit it and let the buyers decide if it's worth purchasing.

 

John.

I'm the same - I upload anything and everything, such as this stock pic recently...  It will probably never sell, but who knows? 2FA062N

stacks-of-old-and-used-car-tyres-2FA062N.jpg

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

I'm the same - I upload anything and everything, such as this stock pic recently...  It will probably never sell, but who knows? 2FA062N

stacks-of-old-and-used-car-tyres-2FA062N.jpg

 

This thread is so inspiring. I used to get sales literally for anything in 2013-14 which no one could have even imagined.. but it seems alamy can sell anything even in 2021. Gonna search my hard disk for old stuffs :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

I'm the same - I upload anything and everything, such as this stock pic recently...  It will probably never sell, but who knows? 2FA062N

stacks-of-old-and-used-car-tyres-2FA062N.jpg

 

That's right. If you don't buy a ticket you won't win the lottery!

 

John.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Saurabh said:

This thread is so inspiring. I used to get sales literally for anything in 2013-14 which no one could have even imagined.. but it seems alamy can sell anything even in 2021. Gonna search my hard disk for old stuffs :D

As I said, if it's technically correct, let the buyers decide if it's worth purchasing.

 

I've had some surprising sales from images that I thought would be difficult to sell.

 

Upload your old images and sit back and await all those sales!😉😄

 

John.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Saurabh said:

This thread is so inspiring. I used to get sales literally for anything in 2013-14 which no one could have even imagined.. but it seems alamy can sell anything even in 2021. Gonna search my hard disk for old stuffs :D

Inspired by old tyres. I like your style;)

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

I'm the same - I upload anything and everything, such as this stock pic recently...  It will probably never sell, but who knows? 2FA062N

stacks-of-old-and-used-car-tyres-2FA062N.jpg

 

 

I can see this selling for sure.  It could illustrate environmental issues. Even articles about mosquitoes spreading disease because they love to breed in water that collects in old discard tyres.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Inspired by old tyres. I like your style;)

Probably because I have some old tyre collections to upload 😂😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a slow month for me, but just had a few editorial newspaper tiddlers drop in, all for $, including these two.

 

Old Amersham

kings-arms-hotel-on-the-high-street-in-amersham-old-town-buckinghamshire-uk-2A7CJ0M.jpg

 

Bumblebee on viper's bugloss

 

bumblebee-collecting-nectar-and-pollen-from-vipers-bugloss-wildflower-echium-vulgare-with-blue-flowers-in-july-uk-2C7EBHE.jpg

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on BMJ Journals
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
52 MB
5302 x 3460 pixels 
3 MB compressed
Start: 27 April 2021
Duration: In perpetuity

2E4E0MM.jpg

$$

Carol

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice low $$$ just arrived.

Country: Germany ;

Usage: Editorial ;  

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  

Print run: up to 50,000 ;  

Placement: Inside ;  Start: 28-April-2021 ; End: 28-April-2026

 

the-monopteros-with-tourists-in-englisch

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.