Voting Time for March Challenge: People.

Colblimp

Vote for your favourite 'People' image.  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Vote For Your Favourite 'People' Picture.

• Nepal Child - Autumn Sky
    • Opal Miner - Gvallee
    • Foundry Workers - Ed Rooney
    • Just Chilling - Phil Crean
    • Barber - Pierre Rochon
    • Old People - John Mitchell
    • Bridge Blur - Doc
    • Violin Funambulist - Lynchpics

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/04/21 at 20:00

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I have to ask. Is that opal miner only 40 years old and a product of the harsh sun? I assume he became petrified after quitting the mines.

He hasn't quit, he's still at it. I met him in the gemfields.

• Love 1

12 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Thanks much for the kind words. I'm an old person now myself, so I guess I was able to relate.

I think quite a few of us are old persons now but only by age, not by state of mind.

Allan

Wow, really struggling to decide who to vote for. I was sure I had seen my favorite early on, but now another two have also stopped me in my tracks. Any one of the finalists could be the winner, but there are three that I love best and I feel like I'll be betraying the other two once I vote. Wish there was a way in the poll to vote in order, eg give our top choice 3 points, second choice 2 points, and third choice 1 point. It's often so close. Hard as it is to narrow to eight, and Colin has done a great job here, it's even harder to chose just one. CarrivagioEd which I fell in love with when it was posted, or one of the others I've now seen for the first time - one that tugged on my heartstrings or an amazing composition and capture that made me smile? Really great work here! 

Congrats to all the finalists. 

• Love 1

16 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

i feel i have aged 30 years in last 15 months, at this pace my mental age is soon going to catch up with my biological one.

You are not alone. I felt like a young grandmother at 59. I now feel like an old lady at 62. 20 pounds heavier and 10 years older in the past year. It has been the longest dreariest year and even when I'm fully vaccinated a month from now, I feel like it won't really be over. So much uncertainty. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a quick reminder - the poll closes automatically at 21.00 tomorrow night so if you havent voted yet and you want to, you'd better get your skates on!

ANDY, not Colin... 😏

The poll is closed and we have a clear winner - Edo with his foundry workers!  Thanks to everyone who entered and voted. 

Congratulations, Edo, over to you for the next challenge!

22 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

The poll is closed and we have a clear winner - Edo with his foundry workers!  Thanks to everyone who entered and voted. 

Yikes, I won! 

I thank Andy and all my fellow contributors who voted for my image. There were so many outstanding images. 

I do realise that my photo of the two men pouring booze is special, so let me tell you all about it.

It is, I believe, the oldest image in my Alamy collection but I didn’t ride a time-machine back to Rome in the Renaissance to get it. Almost. It was captured in Rome in the 1960s on Kodachrome 25 at my sculptor friend Herzl Emmanuel’s foundry. It is one of a dozen captures that I converted from film and uploaded to Alamy. 

Pouring bronze is dangerous work and I felt that danger when I was shooting. I did some dangerous things when I was a young man, before I developed a sense of my own mortality. Now I worry about ingrown toenails.

The April Challenge. I’ll need help and advise in setting up the voting page. You all must know by now what a techno-klutz I am. I’ll announce the subject of the new challenge tomorrow. 

Thank you all again. I’m honoured.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Bet this will be a good challenge too. Well done Edo.

Allan

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yikes, I won! 

I thank Andy and all my fellow contributors who voted for my image. There were so many outstanding images. 

I do realise that my photo of the two men pouring booze is special, so let me tell you all about it.

It is, I believe, the oldest image in my Alamy collection but I didn’t ride a time-machine back to Rome in the Renaissance to get it. Almost. It was captured in Rome in the 1960s on Kodachrome 25 at my sculptor friend Herzl Emmanuel’s foundry. It is one of a dozen captures that I converted from film and uploaded to Alamy. 

Pouring bronze is dangerous work and I felt that danger when I was shooting. I did some dangerous things when I was a young man, before I developed a sense of my own mortality. Now I worry about ingrown toenails.

The April Challenge. I’ll need help and advise in setting up the voting page. You all must know by now what a techno-klutz I am. I’ll announce the subject of the new challenge tomorrow. 

Thank you all again. I’m honoured.

It is a great honor, and I’m with you about figuring how to do it. I wouldn’t have the faintest idea. Good luck, someone will hold your hand through it, I’m sure.

Love the background story. I’m looking forward to your challenge topic.

• Thanks 1

Congrats from my side as well.   Winning photo first captured my attention too, it smells of vintage and bygone days, and I loved the story about how it was captured.  I ended up voting for Violin Funambulist though, but it was obvious from beginning who is going to win

This is fantastic contest you guys have here because one gets to really appreciate good photography, digital or film.  Please keep it going! 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done, Ed- no-one had a look-in this time; it's a stunning image that should have been on the cover of National Geographic at the least. You walk the walk- again, still.

Edited by spacecadet