Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Looked at my record.

First 10  $388.89  (18 Feb 2011 - 31 May 2013) = 27 months.

Last 10  $283.28  (02 Sept 2020 - 29 March 2021) = 7 months.

 

Took far longer to achieve 10 licences in the early days as it has done these last few months.

 

Allan

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jill Morgan said:

 

For me too it is a part time pursuit.  I didn't get in on the really great years, but as long as I have made enough to pay for my gear, that is something.  And I have just spent an additional $3000 over the past month, so better get some sales this year. 😁

 

Hope your wish comes true. Being "parsimonious" by nature, I spend as little as possible on gear. My sales remain surprisingly good (touch wood). However, I do get nostalgic about higher monthly payouts. Mine are still large enough to help cover a few bills, but lower image prices have meant that the amount I get every month has been declining. I'm especially noticing it this year, even though sales volume has been fairly consistent for some time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First 10 sales (2003/4) = $ 1,867

Last 10 sales = $ 223.29 (including a $95 sale...)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

First ten - $1925.59.  10 Oct 2003 to 20 Dec 2005.  26 months.

 

Last ten - $214.24.  All last month (March).

 

However, if I look at the same time period of 26 months in recent years - 10 Oct 2018 to 20 Dec 2020 - I get 486 sales = $12067.17

 

Edit - one thing I don't miss about 'the good old days' is having to send the images on a CD/DVD then having to wait up to 6 weeks to find out if they've passed QC.

Edited by Vincent Lowe
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting exercise: 

First ten in 2006: $1383

Last ten: $41

 

Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end....

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

First 10 (07/08): $1174.12

Last 10: $355.16

 

My first 10 included a $400 sale (magazine), which by itself was more than my last 10. 🙃

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for all your responses (and good wishes). It's been no great surprise that many have a similar pattern of first ten/last ten sales value, the greater differences being for those who go back a long way (submitting on CD and a six week wait for QC sends a shudder down my spine). I've been encouraged though that some have mentioned recent decent sales. I'll mayby rouse myself, dust off the camera bag and make sure the lens is clean and the battery charged....

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My difference is not so dramatic. First 10 from March 2004-Jan 2005 $897.44. Last 10, since 25 Jan to 1 April $624.11.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

First 10     -  $1182.43   (minus 35% commission I think it was back then)

Last 10     -  $176.00     (minus 50% commission)

 

Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Industry sector: Media Industry
Sub-Industry: Publishing
Print run: up to 1 million
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 1/2 page
Start: 10 November 2008
End: 11 November 2008

$ 221.54

 

 

Just for a stock photo, not news. Sigh 😞

 

 

Edited by AlbertSnapper
added extra info
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/04/2021 at 02:39, cbimages said:

My difference is not so dramatic. First 10 from March 2004-Jan 2005 $897.44. Last 10, since 25 Jan to 1 April $624.11.

 

I think you have a bit of a niche market with your images.

 

Allan

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/04/2021 at 13:50, Joseph Clemson said:

Thank you for all your responses (and good wishes). It's been no great surprise that many have a similar pattern of first ten/last ten sales value, the greater differences being for those who go back a long way (submitting on CD and a six week wait for QC sends a shudder down my spine). I've been encouraged though that some have mentioned recent decent sales. I'll mayby rouse myself, dust off the camera bag and make sure the lens is clean and the battery charged....

A late congratulations on your 10th anniversary! I am in for about 10 days now, long way to go...

 

On 02/04/2021 at 07:58, Regis said:

I would not like my chances if I was a young one starting now...

Haha, I was about to say that as a starter.

The good thing after knowing how much you all made for last 10 photos is to keep my mind clearer for some wishful thinking. But it's all ok, I should try at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First 10 $806.83, which took 16 months to achieve. (26-9-2008 to 25-1-2010)

 

Last 10 $409.33, which took 16 days to achieve. (16-3-2021 to 1-4-2021)

 

Of course, our commission back then in 2008/10 was 65%!!

 

John.

Edited by Stokie
dates added
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJ Myford said:

First ten: $1067
Last ten: $352
Both gross, rounded down.

 

Sound better if you round them UP.

 

Allan

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

First 10 $619 11 Months (29 May 2015 to 28 April 2016)
Last  10 $573 <8 months (19 August 2020 to present)
The recent 10 would have looked much more bleak but for a $300 sale that came through last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DDoug said:

First 10 $619 11 Months (29 May 2015 to 28 April 2016)
Last  10 $573 <8 months (19 August 2020 to present)
The recent 10 would have looked much more bleak but for a $300 sale that came through last night.

Very good. Congratulations on a decent sale, it's good to know they still exist. How nice it would be if it were the harbinger of more of the same for each of us.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Very good. Congratulations on a decent sale, it's good to know they still exist. How nice it would be if it were the harbinger of more of the same for each of us.

Thanks, Joseph. It's a fairly ordinary botanical shot, so the healthy fee for commercial use is pretty much blind luck.*

*on my part. Kudos to Alamy for negotiating a fair fee.

Edited by DDoug
add
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.