Jump to content

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Not many sales possible at the moment:

 

Alamy

Sorry!
We’ll be right back.


Something went wrong but don’t worry
we’re working hard to fix it, please try
again in a few minutes.

 

??? General site? All seems good here. Temporary glitch, I hope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, losdemas said:

 

??? General site? All seems good here. Temporary glitch, I hope.

Yes. Seems to have been intermittent over the last couple of hours or so. The database hasn't updated yet either, so perhaps some tinkering going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I found access to the Alamy website stopped for a bit, but seems to be back now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, losdemas said:

 

 

Sorry, forgot all about this yesterday!

 

I've now posted an example of what I use here  (EXCEL file!) - please advise when you have checked it out (or otherwise, if you decide not to!), so that I can remove it ASAP. Thanks.

 

All usual disclaimers apply - the file was fine upon upload, but virus scanning your responsibility, etc.

 

Alternatively, just do a search for "SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY" and I'm sure that you'll find the same or a very similar solution in many places.

Just tried that and if it is correct I've made a right tit of myself with 6 sales on a Saturday and 1 on Sunday 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/03/2021 at 09:10, PAL Media said:

Just tried that and if it is correct I've made a right tit of myself with 6 sales on a Saturday and 1 on Sunday 😂

If you checked your sales every 10 minutes, seven days a week like the rest of us you'd have realised.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading this thread with interest as I was unsure if sales got updated on Mondays like the zooms etc, went onto my account - and - a Saturday Sale! 😊


Only £ presentation, but it is the second sale of one of my old archive images from the 90's I've been scanning during this lockdown, so it's a good sign 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GP Essex said:

Reading this thread with interest as I was unsure if sales got updated on Mondays like the zooms etc, went onto my account - and - a Saturday Sale! 😊


Only £ presentation, but it is the second sale of one of my old archive images from the 90's I've been scanning during this lockdown, so it's a good sign 
 

 

 

Time well spent I'd say. I've really enjoyed looking at them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

 

Time well spent I'd say. I've really enjoyed looking at them.

Thanks. Not enough are good enough now, had some flood damage, plus my awful darkroom skills back then meant quite a few are too poor to use 😞

I've taken a bit of a gamble and bought a couple of personal collections (with copyright of course) and started to scan those as well for archive, seeing as I can't shoot much else at the moment

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GP Essex said:

Thanks. Not enough are good enough now, had some flood damage, plus my awful darkroom skills back then meant quite a few are too poor to use 😞

I've taken a bit of a gamble and bought a couple of personal collections (with copyright of course) and started to scan those as well for archive, seeing as I can't shoot much else at the moment

 

 

I've been doing the same and thoroughly enjoying it. I'm not scanning though using a slide holder and macro.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a sale on Saturday.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Refunded today☹️

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/03/2021 at 08:25, Phil Robinson said:

If you checked your sales every 10 minutes, seven days a week like the rest of us you'd have realised.

You only check sales every 10 minutes?  Slacker... 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

No sales, but a few zooms on both Saturday and Sunday. Encouraging, as it keeps the CTR high, if nothing else.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2021 at 11:19, Colblimp said:

You only check sales every 10 minutes?  Slacker... 🤣

I like to think I'm showing self-restraint

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

I like to think I'm showing self-restraint

 

You absolutely are. Well done!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.