March 2021 Challenge: People.

Colblimp

I stopped adding to my shortlist at around 20, then with great difficulty chose these three.

Extinction Rebellion occupy London's Cambridge Circus.

on-monday-15th-april-2019-extinction-rebellion-blockades-in-london-brought-five-major-city-landmarks-to-a-standstill-pictured-here-at-oxford-circus-thousands-of-protestors-gathered-around-a-pink-yacht-blockading-the-junction-activities-and-speakers-were-centred-around-the-yacht-which-remained-in-situ-until-removed-by-the-police-on-friday-extinction-rebellion-were-hoping-their-action-would-force-the-government-to-commit-to-reducing-carbon-emissions-to-zero-by-2025-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2ANX2TB.jpg

Enjoying the St Pauls Carnival in Bristol.

st-pauls-bristol-uk-july-6th-2019-the-51st-st-pauls-carnival-procession-wound-its-way-through-bristols-st-pauls-on-a-hot-and-sunny-saturday-afternoon-the-carnival-attracted-around-100000-people-organised-by-the-st-pauls-carnival-community-interest-company-pictured-man-from-the-procession-persuades-woman-spectator-to-dance-credit-stephen-bellalamy-W36E1P.jpg

Tension after an arrest at a Lancashire anti-fracking protest.

little-plumpton-near-blackpool-uk-24th-september-2018-anti-fracking-demonstration-at-the-cuadrilla-preston-new-road-shale-gas-site-transport-that-arrived-at-the-cuadrilla-site-in-the-early-hours-was-challenged-by-protestors-as-it-left-it-was-believed-one-protestor-was-arrested-credit-stephen-bellalamy-live-news-PP7GJW.jpg

18 hours ago, Avpics said:

Good luck Andy, as I think there's a bucket load of winners already!

we-want-our-country-back-protesters-gathered-in-parliament-square-outside-the-houses-of-parliament-in-westminster-angry-at-the-uk-not-leaving-eu-T48YX7.jpg

notting-hill-carnival-parade-female-participant-arriving-wandering-past-people-in-brightly-coloured-extravagant-angel-wings-costume-oblivious-to-her-surroundings-looking-at-her-phone-out-of-place-WBBJNJ.jpg

lone-female-police-sergeant-officer-on-horseback-looking-concerned-at-free-tommy-robinson-protest-rally-in-london-uk-mounted-police-horse-rider-W7GRKW.jpg

There’s well over 8 winners already and the competition hasn’t even been live for a week! Help! 

Well done Andy on your well-deserved win, and great choice of subject! Here's my entries:

1. Young woman in the Democratic Republic of Congo, visiting the fish market on the shores of Lake Kivu

an-african-congolese-woman-on-the-shore-of-lake-kivu-at-goma-democratic-EKMDJP.jpg

2.  A happy young couple hugging on the streets of Cuenca, Ecuador

street-photography-ecuador-south-america-a-happy-couple-hugging-in-KRTJE2.jpg

3.  Abstract blur motion, people crossing the U-Bein bridge, Mandalay, Myanmar

abstract-motion-blur-image-of-people-crossing-the-u-bein-bridge-mandalay-EGRH31.jpg

Cheers!

Kumar

• Love 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Well done Andy on your well-deserved win, and great choice of subject! Here's my entries:

3.  Abstract blur motion, people crossing the U-Bein bridge, Mandalay, Myanmar

abstract-motion-blur-image-of-people-crossing-the-u-bein-bridge-mandalay-EGRH31.jpg

Cheers!

Kumar

Wayhay! I found the in-focus bit.  DAMN! Lost it again.

Allan

On 22/03/2021 at 17:34, Lynchpics said:

All images taken at one of my favourite people watching spots in Bath, looking forward to the crowds returning soon.

Bath, UK, 28th September, 2016. Today's warm weather attracted large crowds of visitors to Bath,a Street Entertainer Stock Photo

Hello John, you didn't keyword the fiddlers name  Last time I saw him his collection hat said; "Lindsay Kwabana; Fiddler on a rope" 

Good composition!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Hello John, you didn't keyword the fiddlers name  Last time I saw him his collection hat said; "Lindsay Kwabana; Fiddler on a rope" 

Good composition!

Hi, thanks for that info. I will update the keywords later. Regarding the composition, i was walking past on the way to another shoot and only had the time to stop and shoot 3 frames, this image was the 3rd frame.

• Love 1

This will be a very difficult competition to judge and I almost didn't enter because the standard of entries is so high and I'm fairly sure I don't have anything as special as what other people have already posted.. but for the fun of it...

1. Carnival people...

reading-uk-29th-may-2017-uk-weather-reading-carnival-goes-ahead-despite-J8N1Y8.jpg

2. Happy young boy wearing a bicycle helmet.

portrait-of-a-young-boy-outdoors-wearing-a-bicycle-helmet-and-smiling-2AWP23C.jpg

3.  Father and Child cyclists

a-young-father-with-his-toddler-son-look-happy-and-smile-as-they-talk-to-a-couple-of-ladies-wearing-bicycle-helmets-ready-to-cycle-away-TAH5YN.jpg

• Love 1

Not long left for this comp, it closes for entries tomorrow at midnight UK time.  Although it's going to be an absolute nightmare to choose the final 8 pics, let's see some more entries!

• Love 2

47 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

I've a request - can I choose 10 as the final, er, 8...? 😳

Other people have done it but I always resent it since I have chosen 8. That's just me being bitter though and remembering the two I eliminated (years ago).

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

Other people have done it but I always resent it since I have chosen 8. That's just me being bitter though and remembering the two I eliminated (years ago).

Well I don't want you to resent me so I'll try and pick 8.  It's a flippin' nightmare!  AARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

35 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Well I don't want you to resent me so I'll try and pick 8.  It's a flippin' nightmare!  AARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

As I said elsewhere.  Lay the images out, blind fold, and toss darts in the air, first eight are them. Saves a lot of hassle and no one will question your better judgement.

Allan

3 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

yes

but you are then setting yourself up for major debate

Really?

1 minute ago, Allan Bell said:

As I said elsewhere.  Lay the images out, blind fold, and toss darts in the air, first eight are them. Saves a lot of hassle and no one will question your better judgement.

Allan

Hmmm, I think I'd be lynched if I did that!

Just now, K J Bennett said:

If you're really strggling ... Print them out, place them face down, swirl them around and pick 8, blind.  🤯

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm really struggling, I've 14 on my short list lol.