Time to Vote: February 2021 Doors and Windows Challenge

Vote for the Doors and Windows Challenge  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite Doors and or Windows image (does not have to both) Poll closes on the 7th

• Old Man and his Dog - Colblimp
    • The Cloud Forest - Alan Beastall
    • Laundry Drying Veneto, Italy - Brasilnut
    • Brass House Numbers - Wim Wiskerke
    • Waiter Delivery, Spain - Ed Rooney
    • Bookseller, Stockholm - Marianne
    • Cuban Man in Window - Doc
    • Love Letterbox - Phil Crean

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/03/21 at 04:59

21 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Me being a simpleton normally just use 1 criteria "do I like it or don't I" without super analysing it.

Andy. 

I would agree that that is how we all see or judge photos (art) but we subconsciously take into consideration much of what Steve F listed.   

We have a winner..by a dog's nose!  It was was a close race between Doc's Cuban Man and Colblimp's Man and His Dog.  It's over to you Colin!!  Congrats! And thank you to all who voted, I think we have a record of over 60 votes!! I am sorry I couldn't put more images in the final cut, so many were worthy!  It was a joy to go through them all and heartache to cull them down to only 8!

Michael

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

We have a winner..by a dog's nose!  It was was a close race between Doc's Cuban Man and Colblimp's Man and His Dog.  It's over to you Colin!!  Congrats! And thank you to all who voted, I think we have a record of over 60 votes!! I am sorry I couldn't put more images in the final cut, so many were worthy!  It was a joy to go through them all and heartache to cull them down to only 8!

Michael

Michael, I think you mean Andy.

Well I wasn't expecting that, I was convinced Doc was going to win handsomely.  Thanks for all your kind words and to everyone who entered.  Great subject, Michael, you'll have to do this again!  Right, I've to shoot a protest this morning but I'll have a think whilst I'm working and come up with something obscure and/or interesting for the next challenge. 👍😇

Edited by Colblimp
  • Love 3

Congratulation, Andy.

I love Doc and his image, and I loved so many of the other images in this challenge . . . but I voted for Andy. The lighting was less than great, and the colors nonexcistant. But Andy's photo had the strongest 'gesture' as Jay Maisel would call it—the statement that was made by the image. Good on you, Andy!

Edo

• Love 3

39 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Well I wasn't expecting that, I was convinced Doc was going to win handsomely.  Thanks for all your kind words and to everyone who entered.  Great subject, Michael, you'll have to do this again!  Right, I've to shoot a protest this morning but I'll have a think whilst I'm working and come up with something obscure and/or interesting for the next challenge. 👍😇

Well done Andy - great win with an excellent photo! Hopefully you can buy me a coffee at next year's Photography Show!

Best

Kumar

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Congratulation, Andy.

I love Doc and his image, and I loved so many of the other images in this challenge . . . but I voted for Andy. The lighting was less than great, and the colors nonexcistant. But Andy's photo had the strongest 'gesture' as Jay Maisel would call it—the statement that was made by the image. Good on you, Andy!

Edo

Thanks Edo, I'm honoured to receive your vote!

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Well done Andy - great win with an excellent photo! Hopefully you can buy me a coffee at next year's Photography Show!

Best

Kumar

Thanks Doc, coffee sooner than that, hopefully...

2 hours ago, John Morrison said:

For me, Andy's pic sums up how many people will be feeling during lockdown: inside, looking out, with a mixture of yearning and nostalgia (and not a mask in sight!)...

The pic was actually taken a few years ago for a pub's website but it kind of fits the current situation.  Thanks John.

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Thanks Edo, I'm honoured to receive your vote!

Thanks Doc, coffee sooner than that, hopefully...

The pic was actually taken a few years ago for a pub's website but it kind of fits the current situation.  Thanks John.

Well done mate great image and well deserved, capture the brief beautifully.

• Love 1