March 2021 favourite uploads

On 06/03/2021 at 09:55, Bryan said:

Weather miserable and can't travel under lockdown, so I have spent some time reworking old images. The replica Stephenson's Rocket at Beamish museum.

replica-of-stephensons-rocket-steam-locomotive-pulling-train-at-beamish-museum-north-east-england-uk-2EWTA46.jpg

Same thing here, reworking old stuff reminding me better times…

french-polynesia-tikehau-pearl-beach-wat

Edited by Olivier Parent
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Thanks. We all need a larf.

Thank you Space Cadet. We do all indeed need a laugh! I think this was a young one. I photographed this one on the south coast, but we get kookaburras up here in Perth too, often cackling away at dawn or dusk.

I've never seen a kookaburra but remember singing about them in Camp Fire Girls in California. A nice happy rousing song. That's a lovely photo.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat
  • Like 1

Some stay at home computer illustrations made from images from my collection.

Sweet dreams

sweet-dreams-dreamer-dreaming-and-sleepe

Traffic flowing to a GENERIC city made up of 5 North American cities.

energy-consumption-by-commuter-traffic-c

Flying duck

mallard-duck-anas-platyrhynchos-flying-o

Butterfly and flower are out of proportion because of non adherence to one point perspective but I like it.

common-chicory-cichorium-intybus-and-vic

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our Grandson getting a return to school, lockdown, haircut from his Nanny (Self taught with a YouTube video on Saturday). He wouldn't let his mum cut it !

2F0RRWG.jpg

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
21 hours ago, NYCat said:

I've never seen a kookaburra but remember singing about them in Camp Fire Girls in California. A nice happy rousing song. That's a lovely photo.

Paulette

Thank you Paulette. I imagine the song might have been Kookaburra Sits in the Old Gum Tree. They can be cheeky birds and have great character. I was once with a friend in the outside area of a tavern and about to bite into my hamburger when one flew down and took the meat straight out of it, much to the hilarity of onlookers.

2 hours ago, Sally R said:

Thank you Paulette. I imagine the song might have been Kookaburra Sits in the Old Gum Tree.

Yes, it was. We used to sing it as a round..... I'm not much of a singer and I usually got lost. It was fun though..appropriate to the bird.

Paulette

Bow River and Sunset sky over Three Sisters Mountain in Canadian Rockies

scenic-sunset-sky-landscape-over-three-s

3x5 matrix for super resolution it would not be possible with small Rx100 sensor.   Red line on distant peak center left is sun reflected off cliff, not aberration

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Lockdown fun with a tripod and a self timer:

closeup-vertical-view-looking-down-on-a-

And fun with a macro lens:

a-monochrome-macro-closeup-of-tuning-pos

a-macro-closeup-of-strings-and-a-fret-on

• Like 3

Getting ready for the start of the Calgary Stampede Parade

a-young-latina-participant-in-the-mexican-section-getting-ready-for-the-calgary-stampede-parade-to-start-2F0JHN7.jpg

• Like 1

Rurutu island (French Polynesia) at sunset

rurutu-island-french-polynesia-at-sunset

Bora Bora (French Polynesia) : picnic table and sunshade prepared for a delicious lunch on a private motu with Mount Otemanu's silhouette in the background

bora-bora-french-polynesia-having-lunch-

• Like 4

I think I may have gone a bit overboard with the saturation on the lighthouse and that some detail is lost in that. But I was wanting to create a bit of a dramatic effect of the red lighthouse against the blue dusk. The image is of the North Mole Lighthouse at Fremantle Harbour.

the-red-north-mole-lighthouse-at-dusk-at-the-entrance-to-fremantle-harbour-in-western-australia-it-has-been-in-operation-since-1906-2F1CBMX.jpg

• Like 2

Young woman wearing a blue dress dancing a Hawaiian hula to live music using Uliuli red feather gourds, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA Stock Photo

Young woman wearing a blue dress dancing a Hawaiian hula to live music using Uliuli red feather gourds, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA Stock Photo

Stills don't do this young hula dancer justice as she was moving very fast with grace. So nice to hear live Hawaiian music with amazing hula. Music with dance when done well is SO much more then either alone.

Mental health is a THING! Best to find joy where you can.

Edited by dlmphotog
formatting
  • Upvote 1

Operational Support Unit officers doing a sweep search at a murder scene in Birmingham earlier this month. (A bit grim, but that's news for you!)

2ETWY7B.jpg2ETWMJ2.jpg2ETWX4W.jpg2ETWXKW.jpg

Edited by RyanU
  • Like 1

Frothy coffee in mug with art deco design

frothy-coffee-in-mug-with-art-deco-design-2EYKG6B.jpg

Man and woman talking and social distancing

man-and-woman-talking-and-social-distancing-2ET59EX.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

Camping under the stars in the Australian Outback.

2F2YAHX.jpg

Hot bore baths at sunrise, Charlotte Plains, Cunnamulla, Queensland

2F2YAJG.jpg

2F2YAHP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1