March 2021 favourite uploads

Some stay at home computer illustrations made from images from my collection.

Sweet dreams

sweet-dreams-dreamer-dreaming-and-sleepe

Traffic flowing to a GENERIC city made up of 5 North American cities.

energy-consumption-by-commuter-traffic-c

Flying duck

mallard-duck-anas-platyrhynchos-flying-o

Butterfly and flower are out of proportion because of non adherence to one point perspective but I like it.

common-chicory-cichorium-intybus-and-vic

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Our Grandson getting a return to school, lockdown, haircut from his Nanny (Self taught with a YouTube video on Saturday). He wouldn't let his mum cut it !

2F0RRWG.jpg

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Sally R said:

Thank you Paulette. I imagine the song might have been Kookaburra Sits in the Old Gum Tree.

Yes, it was. We used to sing it as a round..... I'm not much of a singer and I usually got lost. It was fun though..appropriate to the bird.

Paulette

Bow River and Sunset sky over Three Sisters Mountain in Canadian Rockies

scenic-sunset-sky-landscape-over-three-s

3x5 matrix for super resolution it would not be possible with small Rx100 sensor.   Red line on distant peak center left is sun reflected off cliff, not aberration

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Young woman wearing a blue dress dancing a Hawaiian hula to live music using Uliuli red feather gourds, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA Stock Photo

Young woman wearing a blue dress dancing a Hawaiian hula to live music using Uliuli red feather gourds, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA Stock Photo

Stills don't do this young hula dancer justice as she was moving very fast with grace. So nice to hear live Hawaiian music with amazing hula. Music with dance when done well is SO much more then either alone.

Mental health is a THING! Best to find joy where you can.

Edited by dlmphotog
formatting
  • Like 1

Operational Support Unit officers doing a sweep search at a murder scene in Birmingham earlier this month. (A bit grim, but that's news for you!)

2ETWY7B.jpg2ETWMJ2.jpg2ETWX4W.jpg2ETWXKW.jpg

Edited by RyanU
  • Love 1

Frothy coffee in mug with art deco design

frothy-coffee-in-mug-with-art-deco-design-2EYKG6B.jpg

Man and woman talking and social distancing

man-and-woman-talking-and-social-distancing-2ET59EX.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

Camping under the stars in the Australian Outback.

2F2YAHX.jpg

Hot bore baths at sunrise, Charlotte Plains, Cunnamulla, Queensland

2F2YAJG.jpg

2F2YAHP.jpg

• Love 1

On 06/03/2021 at 08:55, Bryan said:

Weather miserable and can't travel under lockdown, so I have spent some time reworking old images. The replica Stephenson's Rocket at Beamish museum.

replica-of-stephensons-rocket-steam-locomotive-pulling-train-at-beamish-museum-north-east-england-uk-2EWTA46.jpg

I didn't know the railways had been re-nationalised.

Allan

6 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I didn't know the railways had been re-nationalised.

Allan

😀

On a note of reality, in fact they effectively have been. Because of the fares collapse the DoT now takes the risk and pays a management fee to the operators.

We'll see what happens...........

We got to this remote Outback pub during a severe storm and camped there. I thought we would never get out of the muddy field, even in 4x4. Lightning fell very close with a big BANG. There was sheet lightning and thunder all night.

Next day, the roads nearby were flooded with red mud but open.

I did NOT crank up the saturation. That was the colour of the water in the sun.

2F381CR.jpg

2F381CT.jpg

• Love 2

On 15/03/2021 at 10:15, spacecadet said:

😀

On a note of reality, in fact they effectively have been. Because of the fares collapse the DoT now takes the risk and pays a management fee to the operators.

We'll see what happens...........

...and the operators still make a profit, and pay their shareholders a dividend 😖

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-56361129

1 minute ago, AlbertSnapper said:
I don't often photograph pretty landscapes, but here goes.....
landscape-within-a-landscape-large-scenic-photograph-pasted-on-to-site-gates-at-shopping-centre-access-area-stroud-gloucestershire-uk-2F2X3BW.jpg

Landscape within a landscape. Large scenic photograph pasted on to site gates at shopping centre access area. Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK.

The licence fee for that might have been worth having. If it wasn't half-inched.