Images sold in March 2021

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Some here do not accept this definition of "exclusive" and do not apply it to their submissions.

The term "exclusive" in relation to our contract with Alamy is up to Alamy to define., as it the term 'artwork'.

I did ask them to include the latter in the definitions in clause 28 of the photographers contract as it had become an important term but they didn't seem to think it was necessary.

Postage stamps, mosaics, book covers and graffiti do, however, count as artworks.

"The spirit of the clause in the contract is around flat artwork. Mostly around those artworks that have images in the public domain. We're not talking about walking route signs nailed to trees, a blanket your grandparent knitted or just about anything in a 3d space. It's not possible for us to exhaustively define what is and isn't artwork - but this is the spirit of it.

Edited by Phil Robinson

21 minutes ago, mickfly said:

Didn't Alamy instruct us a while back to remove all images of graffitti if they were the subject of the image and not incidental to the image?

I think so. And/or they removed some images of graffiti and told us after the fact.

Edited by Steve F

4 hours ago, zxzoomy said:

Do we think, or does Alamy think, that street/wall graffiti is an artwork? 

I think saying that X is Art and protected, and Y isn't and isn't protected tends to be problematic considering that some of the street art is better than some gallery art.  Also, some street art is done by artists otherwise represented by galleries and sometimes, it's out and out promotional advertising (one here was of a US rapper).   Nicaragua has some interesting street art, and even has street art classes for children in Esteli.  

• Love 1

Jacob Rees-Mogg, wearing a top hat, waits to enter St Paul's Cathedral for Baroness Thatcher funeral

Jacob Rees-Mogg, wearing a top hat, waits to enter St Paul's Cathedral for Baroness Thatcher funeral Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 50,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 17 March 2021
End: 17 March 2026
Duartion: Bi -monthly

• Love 1

Magazine or book, 5 Years.

Winter Count Robes,  are pictorial calendars or histories in which tribal records and events were recorded by Native Americans.

Winter Count Robe at the Tsuu T’ina Culture Museum, Calgary Alberta Stock Photo

• Love 1

This dropped in this afternoon, is it unusual to get quite so many details as to where the image has licenced? I’ve only ever had rough details of usage and country or region. Low $$

frontal-aspect-of-blickling-hall-in-norf

2021   W06PBC     RM Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 18-March-2021 ; End: 18-March-2026 ; 
  Additional Details: For Editorial use on vogue.co.uk, glamourmagazine.co.uk, gq-magazine.co.uk, cntraveller.com, wired.co.uk, houseandgarden.co.uk, tatler.co.uk (ex. Advertising)
Edited by Bionic
Brain fade
  • Love 3

RF 50% exclusive to Alamy $$$. Straight RF without RM terms. Image never zoomed.

Shot from an off trail location in 2020 in first URBAN (within Toronto city limits) National Park in Canada. I wander the park off trail to avoid other hikers in Covid times

rouge-river-in-the-rouge-valley-winds-th

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I was happy to see four decent editorial licenses show up today. This one a dependable repeat-seller for upper $$.

March may turn out to be not so bad after all.

Copan Ruinas, Honduras

vamos-a-ver-restaurant-in-the-town-of-co

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 3

Pleased with these two sales - both for mid $$, to the same book/e-book; Taken at the Tutankhamun exhibition in London last year, day before lockdown

tutankhamun-statue-close-up-of-the-head-of-tutankhamen-wearing-the-white-crown-gold-gilded-wooden-statue-tutankhamuns-tomb-ancient-egypt-2B7Y227.jpg

tutankhamun-tomb-treasure-a-faience-overseer-shabti-figurine-of-helper-in-round-wig-ancient-egyptian-statue-tomb-of-pharaoh-tutankhamen-egypt-2B828D3.jpg

Kumar

• Love 2

On 16/03/2021 at 14:31, Ed Rooney said:

Sally, I hope you don't mind but I stole your idea and took pics of all the meds I have to take daily and don't want to. Revenge against the pill!

Not my idea, Ed! Loads of those kinds of photos on Alamy!

2 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Another weekend sale.  Second sale of this one although this one very low $ - Latvia editorial

BH8H1K.jpg

Carol

Now, I have one of those - in better condition and it still works. Never though about taking a photo of it!

Edited by Sally

On 18/03/2021 at 17:35, Bionic said:

This dropped in this afternoon, is it unusual to get quite so many details as to where the image has licenced? I’ve only ever had rough details of usage and country or region. Low $$

frontal-aspect-of-blickling-hall-in-norf

2021   W06PBC     RM Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 18-March-2021 ; End: 18-March-2026 ; 
  Additional Details: For Editorial use on vogue.co.uk, glamourmagazine.co.uk, gq-magazine.co.uk, cntraveller.com, wired.co.uk, houseandgarden.co.uk, tatler.co.uk (ex. Advertising)

I wondered about that too, since I got one of those.