A couple of archive image sales for presentation use this morning of the Reeperbahn in Hamburg in the 1960s

black-and-white-photo-of-the-neon-lights

• Like 3

Cruise ship in Hamburg. $

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 February 2021
End: 01 February 2026
Germany, Website, app and social media

W3RJ9G.jpg

On 25/03/2021 at 15:05, Phil Crean said:

This popped in today for a nice $$$😁 Direct sale😁

HFWTEG.jpg

Also had 5 x tiddlers low $ and distributor😬

However overall it's turning into a good month...

Phil

Also

That's spooky - this one sold for me on the same day - unfortunately not the same fee

G3A39W.jpg

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

That's spooky - this one sold for me on the same day - unfortunately not the same fee

G3A39W.jpg

Fo mine:

Usage: Editorial
Media: Educational wallchart/posters
Print run: up to 1,000
Placement: A0 (841mm x 1,189mm)
Image Size: Full area
Start: 25 March 2021
End: 25 March 2024
for life of display

Phil

25 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

Fo mine:

Media: Educational wallchart/posters
Print run: up to 1,000
Placement: A0 (841mm x 1,189mm)
Image Size: Full area
Start: 25 March 2021
End: 25 March 2024
for life of display

Phil

Mine was a book - will pay for a bottle of wine

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed keywording this one!

Editorial, Editorial Newspaper Use (Print or Digital with in-context online and social media rights in perpetuity)
Media: Newspaper - national. $xx

a-water-bottle-that-has-been-filled-by-h

• Like 1

Bit of a Shrimp theme going on.

Both World wide Presentation/News letter

They both don't add up to under $

Better than a blank for the month though.😏

castletownshend-west-cork-ireland-november-13th-2018-despite-the-recent-storms-leaving-high-seas-and-miserable-weather-the-local-shrimp-fishermen-still-have-get-the-catch-in-this-fine-catch-of-fresh-shrimp-will-be-graded-processed-and-frozen-locally-then-shipped-off-to-spain-for-their-housewives-to-enjoy-adding-to-the-reputation-of-the-irish-fishing-industry-to-produce-a-world-class-product-credit-aphperspectivealamy-live-news-R1JY0F.jpg

shrimp-fisherman-tending-his-pots-from-a-small-clinker-built-boat-with-seagulls-for-company-west-cork-ireland-PJK439.jpg

• Like 1

Shaping up to be a good month for me. Low $$$ - Berlin Wall museum (East Side Gallery)

W3RWKP.jpg

Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 February 2021
End: 01 February 2026
Japan, Book, print and/or e-book

• Like 1

I don't often licence photos of people doing things, but this one dropped in yesterday of a woman roller skiing. Low-mid $$ for websites, apps, social media and blogs.

woman-roller-skiing-on-a-quiet-road-aldershot-uk-2CAWWET.jpg

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EHM26Y/the-largest-altarpiece-retablo-reredos-of-the-world-in-seville-cathedral-EHM26Y.jpg

The largest altarpiece of the world in Seville Cathedral.

Regular sale on a Saturday: US worldwide book or magazine inside print run 5000. Lower mid $$.

wim

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EHM26Y/the-largest-altarpiece-retablo-reredos-of-the-world-in-seville-cathedral-EHM26Y.jpg

Regular sale on a Saturday: US worldwide book or magazine inside print run 5000. Lower mid $$.

wim

Wim, your English is probably better than mine, but I feel you should say "in the world" in your caption. Lovely shot. Would you believe I never got into the cathedral in all the time I lived in Seville? 

Upday sale just dropped in.  I think it's my first ever Sunday sale, although I could be wrong.  Wish it was a higher fee... 😢 - 2F2MPA0

cork-ireland-12th-mar-2021-cork-city-centre-was-busy-with-people-today-despite-covid-19-level-5-restrictions-the-irish-government-has-said-restrictions-will-be-eased-on-5th-april-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2F2MPA0.jpg
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Wim, your English is probably better than mine, but I feel you should say "in the world" in your caption. Lovely shot. Would you believe I never got into the cathedral in all the time I lived in Seville? 

Thank you!

I'll change it back. Initially it said in, but later on I changed it into of. I think the keywords still have both.

Yep that's how it goes. Initially I thought of the cherries in DC: mwah?

Now I can cry if I see this or this one, but I've never been up there.

You may like this one (with sound!). Or even this one. (Been up there when it was still possible to open a window.)

Also many places in Amsterdam, Haarlem and especially Rotterdam, where I have never been, because it's tourist  stuff. Or because it's just not right: there's scaffolding up in one corner; there's too many people; too few people; too late; too early; the weather is too good; not good enough, you know how it goes.

Can we learn from that? Sure! I should! 😂

Do clients search for biggest? Not so much. Largest a bit more. Best? Yes: George Best and Pete Best. And: father knows best.

Now I have to know: In the world? Of the world?

Well yes: All the money in the world and: tallest jesus status in the world; largest mounatins in the world. OK those two are mean.

The largest mountains is a simple mistake and there is a search for the largest mountain just under that. It yields 3,917 images of mountains with 59 actually from the Himalayas. 14,691 of Everest though, but none with those keywords. And the S and the E are very close on a keyboard. But no second search for tall Jesuses.

Let's go a little deeper into the rabbit hole:

Of the world:

Ooh lots:

end of the world,
news of the world,
map of the world,
war of the worlds,
end of the world sign
(2x) Seems easy enough, but there are already 3,572 images to choose from here.

And to top it off:

Creation of the world.
Sure, we know they have flash up there, so why not a nice time lapse?

Hmm it seems I've crawled out of the rabbit hole by myself.

(Around 120 searches for %time%lapse%.)

wim

When I was copy editing at Time Warner, the mistake some otherwise savvy writers would make is 'in Maui' or 'in Saint Thomas' -- it's 'on' when you are talking about an island. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 27/03/2021 at 09:27, wiskerke said:

wim

Wow! So that's what happened to all that gold the Conquistadors stole from the Incas. 😵

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Wow! So that's what happened to all that gold the Conquistadors stole from the Incas. 😵

Absolutely.

Because of silting the river Guadalquivir is not navigable anymore, except for a couple of tourist boats with shallow draft, but in the 15th and 16th Century this was a serious waterway.

From Wikipedia:

Unlike other harbours, reaching the port of Seville required sailing about 80 kilometres (50 mi) up the River Guadalquivir, which had been heavily defended with fortifications since the Middle Ages. This made Seville the best defended port to receive the riches transported from the Americas. A 'golden age of development' commenced in Seville, due to its being the only port awarded the royal monopoly for trade with the growing Spanish colonies in the Americas and the influx of riches from them. Since only sailing ships leaving from and returning to the inland port of Seville could engage in trade with the Spanish Americas, merchants from Europe and other trade centres needed to go to Seville to acquire New World trade goods. The city's population grew to more than a hundred thousand people.

Working on the altarpiece of the Seville Cathedral took place between 1481 and 1565. In the years that the gold was sloshing against the skirting boards (as we're saying here).

The Cathedral itself btw was the largest in the world when they finished building it. It still is the fourth biggest, depending on who you believe: in the church there's a panel explaining the various ways of looking at the size, like height, volume, length, some of which are in favor of their Catedral. 😁

wim

24 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

Blue Nun

Careful now with the sugar water. Try a Mosel Riesling instead. Or as well🍷

• Haha 1