Images sold in March 2021

18 hours ago, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EHM26Y/the-largest-altarpiece-retablo-reredos-of-the-world-in-seville-cathedral-EHM26Y.jpg

The largest altarpiece of the world in Seville Cathedral.

Regular sale on a Saturday: US worldwide book or magazine inside print run 5000. Lower mid $$.

wim

Wim, your English is probably better than mine, but I feel you should say "in the world" in your caption. Lovely shot. Would you believe I never got into the cathedral in all the time I lived in Seville? 

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Wim, your English is probably better than mine, but I feel you should say "in the world" in your caption. Lovely shot. Would you believe I never got into the cathedral in all the time I lived in Seville? 

Thank you!

I'll change it back. Initially it said in, but later on I changed it into of. I think the keywords still have both.

Yep that's how it goes. Initially I thought of the cherries in DC: mwah?

Now I can cry if I see this or this one, but I've never been up there.

You may like this one (with sound!). Or even this one. (Been up there when it was still possible to open a window.)

Also many places in Amsterdam, Haarlem and especially Rotterdam, where I have never been, because it's tourist  stuff. Or because it's just not right: there's scaffolding up in one corner; there's too many people; too few people; too late; too early; the weather is too good; not good enough, you know how it goes.

Can we learn from that? Sure! I should! 😂

Do clients search for biggest? Not so much. Largest a bit more. Best? Yes: George Best and Pete Best. And: father knows best.

Now I have to know: In the world? Of the world?

Well yes: All the money in the world and: tallest jesus status in the world; largest mounatins in the world. OK those two are mean.

The largest mountains is a simple mistake and there is a search for the largest mountain just under that. It yields 3,917 images of mountains with 59 actually from the Himalayas. 14,691 of Everest though, but none with those keywords. And the S and the E are very close on a keyboard. But no second search for tall Jesuses.

Let's go a little deeper into the rabbit hole:

Of the world:

Ooh lots:

end of the world,
news of the world,
map of the world,
war of the worlds,
end of the world sign
(2x) Seems easy enough, but there are already 3,572 images to choose from here.

And to top it off:

Creation of the world.
Sure, we know they have flash up there, so why not a nice time lapse?

Hmm it seems I've crawled out of the rabbit hole by myself.

(Around 120 searches for %time%lapse%.)

wim

On 27/03/2021 at 09:27, wiskerke said:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EHM26Y/the-largest-altarpiece-retablo-reredos-of-the-world-in-seville-cathedral-EHM26Y.jpg

The largest altarpiece of the world in Seville Cathedral.

Regular sale on a Saturday: US worldwide book or magazine inside print run 5000. Lower mid $$.

wim

Wow! So that's what happened to all that gold the Conquistadors stole from the Incas. 😵

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Wow! So that's what happened to all that gold the Conquistadors stole from the Incas. 😵

Absolutely.

Because of silting the river Guadalquivir is not navigable anymore, except for a couple of tourist boats with shallow draft, but in the 15th and 16th Century this was a serious waterway.

From Wikipedia:

Unlike other harbours, reaching the port of Seville required sailing about 80 kilometres (50 mi) up the River Guadalquivir, which had been heavily defended with fortifications since the Middle Ages. This made Seville the best defended port to receive the riches transported from the Americas. A 'golden age of development' commenced in Seville, due to its being the only port awarded the royal monopoly for trade with the growing Spanish colonies in the Americas and the influx of riches from them. Since only sailing ships leaving from and returning to the inland port of Seville could engage in trade with the Spanish Americas, merchants from Europe and other trade centres needed to go to Seville to acquire New World trade goods. The city's population grew to more than a hundred thousand people.

Working on the altarpiece of the Seville Cathedral took place between 1481 and 1565. In the years that the gold was sloshing against the skirting boards (as we're saying here).

The Cathedral itself btw was the largest in the world when they finished building it. It still is the fourth biggest, depending on who you believe: in the church there's a panel explaining the various ways of looking at the size, like height, volume, length, some of which are in favor of their Catedral. 😁

wim

Low $, possibly the start of 'newspaper day' sales.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 16-February-2021 ; End: 16-February-2026 ; Additional Details: One use in a single editorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Country: United Kingdom

steve-bray-argues-with-brexiteer-as-parliament-resumed-after-summer-recess-with-new-prime-minister-boris-johnson-debating-no-deal-brexit-and-prorogue-WKN4NF.jpg

• Love 3

19 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Absolutely.

Because of silting the river Guadalquivir is not navigable anymore, except for a couple of tourist boats with shallow draft, but in the 15th and 16th Century this was a serious waterway.

From Wikipedia:

Unlike other harbours, reaching the port of Seville required sailing about 80 kilometres (50 mi) up the River Guadalquivir, which had been heavily defended with fortifications since the Middle Ages. This made Seville the best defended port to receive the riches transported from the Americas. A 'golden age of development' commenced in Seville, due to its being the only port awarded the royal monopoly for trade with the growing Spanish colonies in the Americas and the influx of riches from them. Since only sailing ships leaving from and returning to the inland port of Seville could engage in trade with the Spanish Americas, merchants from Europe and other trade centres needed to go to Seville to acquire New World trade goods. The city's population grew to more than a hundred thousand people.

Working on the altarpiece of the Seville Cathedral took place between 1481 and 1565. In the years that the gold was sloshing against the skirting boards (as we're saying here).

The Cathedral itself btw was the largest in the world when they finished building it. It still is the fourth biggest, depending on who you believe: in the church there's a panel explaining the various ways of looking at the size, like height, volume, length, some of which are in favor of their Catedral. 😁

wim

Interesting. At least they made something beautiful out of all that loot (although I find so much glitter overwhelming).

vermillion-columns-and-old-stone-lanterns-line-the-veranda-around-the-outside-of-kasuga-taisha-grand-shrine-in-nara-japan-TAK6DY.jpg

Sold this one twice in 48 hours. First for upper $$
Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)
Start: 24 March 2021
End: 24 March 2026

and then lower $$

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 25 March 2021
End: 25 March 2026

Is this common to have a commercial license and then shortly afterward a personal license? Is one likely to get canceled?

• Love 2

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/BR3WK2/bicycle-path-in-the-kennemerduinen-the-central-part-of-south-kennemerland-BR3WK2.jpg

Cyclists in the Kennemer Duinen, the dunes between where I live and the sea.

Presentation or newsletter. $

+Two more though today, which is why I'm not complaining 😎: a PU and one from Malaga

Gold Red Firework

for mid $$$ which has been licensed before as a dps.

Today was a good day! 🥂

wim

• Love 3