Any Citroen car buffs out there?

Question

I photographed this Citroen that I came across the other day. At first I thought I was looking at an older vintage Citroen. I'm 99% sure it is a Citroen 2CV. However, working out the year of the model is harder. The model was made between 1948 and 1990. Not many of them have the Citroen logo within a circle as this one does. I have found examples in Google images that do for 1948 and 1957 models.

I am starting to suspect though that this may be a model more towards the 1990 end of production. They kept the car's classic appearance over the duration it was manufactured. I was in a bit of a hurry at the time and didn't get a chance to spend much time looking at the car. I realise it may not be easy to identify, but just in case there are any Citroen experts out there I thought I would see if they know the vintage of the car. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I think I may be getting closer having just seen this:

https://classicthrottleshop.com/1977-citroen-ami-8-convertible/

a-red-and-black-vintage-citroen-2cv-car-2EAYRWR.jpg

Edited by Sally R
found more info

2 answers to this question

Looks like you have hit the nail on the head. Like the numberplate.  2POTS would indicate the number of cylinders the engine has.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Looks like you have hit the nail on the head. Like the numberplate.  2POTS would indicate the number of cylinders the engine has.

Allan

Thanks Allan. I like the number plate too and you've explained its meaning to me. It's interesting reading about the history of the car. It was originally designed to encourage farmers to motorise who were still relying on horses. I learn something whenever I have to do my keywords.