Personal use ?

Nigel Roberson

Question

On 13/02/2021 at 19:34, meanderingemu said:

Allan call it what customers are calling it in searches 😉

I meant that I would use "Lincoln village" in conversation only as a bit of fun.

I will still continue to keyword "Lincoln City".

Thanks for the suggestion of adding in UK.

Allan

On 14/02/2021 at 19:52, John Mitchell said:

Some of my PU licenses appear to be zoomed beforehand. I guess these aren't (?) typical buyers.

I think you're correct John. It seems likely that these are professional buyers using the PU loophole.

The only time I've traced a "zoomer" was when a nephew of mine searched for images (of him on a charity ride). He's an image buyer for a TV magazine so his zooms appeared in my Measures. No sale resulted of course they were for a charitable use  - and I'm a generous uncle!

5 hours ago, Russell said:

I think you're correct John. It seems likely that these are professional buyers using the PU loophole.

The only time I've traced a "zoomer" was when a nephew of mine searched for images (of him on a charity ride). He's an image buyer for a TV magazine so his zooms appeared in my Measures. No sale resulted of course they were for a charitable use  - and I'm a generous uncle!

I once had an image-buyer license two images for publication and then download a third one from the same set for personal use. It seemed a bit odd, but perhaps someone just wanted something to hang on the office wall. I do wonder about other PU zoomers, though.

It is a very good job that you are not trapped in Getty's infamous Premium Access system where pictures used by global media companies 'earn' less than $1 often less than $0.25.

That gives a different perspective on Alamy's PU fees. 

Edited by geogphotos

On 16/02/2021 at 19:16, geogphotos said:

It is a very good job that you are not trapped in Getty's infamous Premium Access system where pictures used by global media companies 'earn' less than $1 often less than $0.25.

That gives a different perspective on Alamy's PU fees. 

I  am a Getty provider but to date have provided nothing. 😄