February 2021 Favourite Uploads

7 minutes ago, Alan Beastall said:

Wine bottle in our new glass wheelie bin. May be first of many.

Of empty wine bottles? Or of pics of your wheelie bin?😀

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Like 1

Goldenrod crab spider (white - female) - Misumena vatia - waiting for a prey. These small creatures have incredibly strong legs which can hold preys much larger than themselves. 

goldenrod-crab-spider-white-female-misum

Edited by Olivier Parent
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

With Covid lockdown I have been mining my image collection for image bits and pieces to combine for new photoshop illustrations.

I have been getting zooms on artificial intelligence and the singularity, so thought I would do some more.

artificial-intelligence-ai-singularity-aartificial-intelligence-ai-singularity-a

artificial-intelligence-ai-singularity-aartificial-intelligence-ai-singularity-a

Monoliths are in the news recently so I thought I would rework a photoshop illustration from the early 1990's that did not quite work at the time.

monolith-extraterrestrial-artificial-int

On 20/02/2021 at 04:53, meanderingemu said:

Male pine grosbeak in crab apple tree, with just a bit of frost...

pine-grosbeak-pinicola-enucleator-eating-berries-on-a-winters-day-2EH2TRY.jpg

Très jolie, monsieur. I miss seeing grosbeaks in BC. I guess they don't like the wet Vancouver weather. 
Edited by John Mitchell

One positive relating to my recent computer  crash, I found myself looking through some old images that I hadn't processed, and this one I quite like. Had to clone out a power cable, but, during lockdown, time on my hands! The The Grey Horse Pub in spring.

Daffodils blooming and The Grey Horse village pub in Penshaw, north east England. UK Stock Photo

Edited by Bryan
  • Upvote 3

Hard to believe but I've had this view from my bed for the past 4 days!

Camped by the estuary of the Kolan River, Miara, Queensland, Australia

This is sunrise (5am).

2EK0HG7.jpg

2EK0HTW.jpg

2EK0J1H.jpg

• Like 4
9 hours ago, gvallee said:

Hard to believe but I've had this view from my bed for the past 4 days!

Camped by the estuary of the Kolan River, Miara, Queensland, Australia

This is sunrise (5am).

2EK0HG7.jpg

2EK0J1H.jpg

Feeling green. With envy! Maybe we should sell our house and buy one on wheels as well. Maybe not over here though.  🌧️ 🏙️🏗️🏙️ ☂️  plus:  😷Microbe on OpenMoji 13.0

wim

woman-running-in-the-surf-holding-her-shoes-in-her-hands-on-a-sunny-morning-on-the-edge-of-santander-bay-cantabria-spain-winter-2021-2EH2J99.jpg

The calm after the storm!

Early morning Santander Bay Spain.

It would have been impossible to hold the camera still from this spot with a howling wind the day before.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Feeling green. With envy! Maybe we should sell our house and buy one on wheels as well. Maybe not over here though.  🌧️ 🏙️🏗️🏙️ ☂️  plus:  😷Microbe on OpenMoji 13.0

wim

I know, I refrain from posting in the good news thread because I feel for you guys. Hopefully with vaccinations under way, the end of restrictions is in sight? Or most of them at least. It will be a while for international travel to resume in Oz. The ban had interesting consequences: as Australians can't holiday abroad (Bali, etc), there has been huge demand for motorhomes and caravans. There isn't enough RVs available.

14 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I know, I refrain from posting in the good news thread because I feel for you guys. Hopefully with vaccinations under way, the end of restrictions is in sight? Or most of them at least. It will be a while for international travel to resume in Oz. The ban had interesting consequences: as Australians can't holiday abroad (Bali, etc), there has been huge demand for motorhomes and caravans. There isn't enough RVs available.

You reminded me of a consequence of Covid. Right before it became a big deal, I had an older upright freezer in my garage. I decided to get a new one, and did. I sold my old one. Within a couple of weeks, the virus exploded and all of a sudden people bought all available freezer stock, and others wanting one were told they would be months on back order, especially when the workers were getting sick at the manufacturing level.
Of course, people wanted to be able to stock up and freeze food, even hoard, so they didn’t need to go shopping as often.

• Like 1

Two birdie images I took a while ago but only just got to uploading them.

A juvenile Bridled Tern

a-juvenile-bridled-tern-onychoprion-anaethetus-during-their-summer-breeding-season-at-penguin-island-western-australia-2EJ3XTB.jpg

A Southern Boobook Owl

a-vertical-image-of-a-southern-boobook-owl-ninox-novaeseelandiae-also-known-as-ninox-boobook-with-a-surprised-expression-2EJ3XFW.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Went back through my "Made in Jinotega" photos and found more for the coffee and cacao growers coop.   I'll be going back there sometime next week for the exterior shots (also of my neighbor's workshops).  This was the roaster for the in-house coffee shop and for local retail sales.  They either ship green beans or beans roasted in larger roasters off site.  The Probat is gas-fired and generally used for things like coffee shops and retail stores that sell freshly roasted beans or for sampling at wholesale roasters.

2EJTC0C.jpg

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Sally R said:

Two birdie images I took a while ago but only just got to uploading them.

A juvenile Bridled Tern

a-juvenile-bridled-tern-onychoprion-anaethetus-during-their-summer-breeding-season-at-penguin-island-western-australia-2EJ3XTB.jpg

A Southern Boobook Owl

a-vertical-image-of-a-southern-boobook-owl-ninox-novaeseelandiae-also-known-as-ninox-boobook-with-a-surprised-expression-2EJ3XFW.jpg

Love the owl.

Allan

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Love the owl.

Allan

Thanks Allan. I'm sure the surprised expression is him or her seeing their reflection in my camera lens. I took this image 10 years ago. I had been through a very bad time and meeting this owl felt like encountering a guardian angel. Then following my Mum's death last November I had a family of them come and roost here for weeks. One was calling last night so they are still around but the noisy babies have finally grown up and are making adult noises now. They seem to always appear in my life just when I need comforting 🦉

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Olivier Parent said:

Asaf Avidan performing live.

asaf-avidan-2EM3XR9.jpg

I love your live concert images Olivier. It is something I would like to try more of. Do you have a particular lens that you use most often, such as a 70-200mm? I actually used my Tamron 90mm macro lens to take some recently as it is a fast and sharp lens, but need to do more work to get up to your standard of images. I'm dreaming of a Nikon Z or similar in the future. There is meant to be a very good 70-200mm f2.8 for the Z but also very expensive!