Images sold in February 2021.

3 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

John, just for the sake of accuracy the National Express coach is on Chelsea Bridge with the Albert Bridge just visible in the distance. Having crossed Chelsea Bridge a million times I spotted this straight away. Hope you don't mind me pointing it out. 

Thanks - I should know that! :-)

20 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Personal Use for the U.S. usual $$.  Montreal, Canada, one of the classic Montreal style wrought iron staircases.

CANADA Quebec Montreal exterior staircase to the second floor made of wrought iron Stock Photo

Very nice. I love those old Montreal staircases and balconies (balcons). Fortunately there are lots of them left. Pretty to look at but treacherous in winter.

Edited by John Mitchell

24 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Very nice. I love those old Montreal staircases and balconies (balcons). Fortunately there are lots of them left. Pretty to look at but treacherous in winter.

Oh man, I can't imagine navigating those steps in the winter....or pretty much anytime.  That's how I broke my arm, falling down just small flight of 4 steps.  I assume that these are separate residences, the top and bottom floors? 

13 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Oh man, I can't imagine navigating those steps in the winter....or pretty much anytime.  That's how I broke my arm, falling down just small flight of 4 steps.  I assume that these are separate residences, the top and bottom floors? 

Yes, they usually are separate apartments. I lived in a couple of those old buildings when I was a student in Montreal. Many of them have been fancied up and turned into condos now. I'm sure that -- tragically -- a lot of Montrealers have slid to their deaths in winter down icy stairs. Fortunately I survived.

black-and-white-metal-spiral-staircase-o

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/04/2021 at 17:45, Betty LaRue said:

You needed to put a bottle of “Bang” beside a bottle of “Flash”. 

I'll have a word with Sainsbury's about making their store layout more photogenic 🙃