14 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

Made an epic apple pie tonight, will last about 4 days hopefully! No pics until it’s passed qc...

Last of this year’s apple crop.

4 days ! That's what I call self control😄

Carol

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

My dinner on Saturday.  Roasted veggies.  Put them on seasoned Israeli couscous.

Food Sheet pan roasted vegetables zucchini onions cherry tomatoes Stock Photo

That is making me hungry ! I have similar tonight but with chicken and red pesto and veggies...

My plaited loaf is in QC🙏

My fruit for the Christmas/Easter cake is quietly marinating in a bowl on top of the kitchen cabinet, being checked and tested every few days, no doubt will have to top the fruit and brandy up before making the actual cake😄

Today am debating whether to make a Chocolate and black bean torte and/or wash the car😄

Carol

To repeat myself, for stock, food that is simpler is better. I even left out my scoop of vanilla ice cream for this shot. Yeah, I added it after I took the snap. 

apple-crumble-in-a-green-bowl-with-a-spo

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

To repeat myself, for stock, food that is simpler is better. I even left out my scoop of vanilla ice cream for this shot. Yeah, I added it after I took the snap. 

apple-crumble-in-a-green-bowl-with-a-spo

I bet that was delicious with the ice cream😁 and I do like the dark colour bowl..

Carol

Ditto.  The colours are good enough to eat.

Allan

8 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

4 days ! That's what I call self control😄

Carol

It’s a very large pie!! Same as this one.

close-up-of-the-crust-on-an-apple-pie-S2

Edited by Thyrsis
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Wow, you're not kidding its large!  Looks wonderful!

The trick is to make it in a cake tin so you get the depth! 

3 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

The trick is to make it in a cake tin so you get the depth! 

Love apple pie and custard. Love apple pie and cream. Love apple pie and custard and cream.

Does something make you think I love apple pie?

Allan

54 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

2EPX532.jpg

An attempt at a plaited loaf.......

Carol

That looks better than attempt. I can just imagine a slice of that covered in butter and jam 😋

• Haha 1
On 01/03/2021 at 04:52, Michael Ventura said:

My dinner on Saturday.  Roasted veggies.  Put them on seasoned Israeli couscous.

Food Sheet pan roasted vegetables zucchini onions cherry tomatoes Stock Photo

Is that on a Silpat?

On 03/03/2021 at 19:17, MizBrown said:

Is that on a Silpat?

No, I have a couple of those but that is just a ridged sheet pan.

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Thanks 1

Potato soup, made of potatoes, onions, a secret ingredient for extra flavor, and cornbread. I usually like to add very small bits of carrot in it, but didn’t have any. Also if I have it, bits of celery. Neither of those are necessary, and I only use those bits if they are on hand.

2EXHA26.jpg

• Like 1

I’ll add another pizza to the thread. Slightly unconventional and certainly not for the traditionalists as it has an unleavened flatbread base. We knock these out occasionally as a quick weekend treat for the kids (they can be made and on the plate in about half an hour) :)

2EW4B62.jpg

• Like 1
On 03/03/2021 at 12:36, Steve Hyde said:

That looks better than attempt. I can just imagine a slice of that covered in butter and jam 😋

It was good Steve although this one was for my neighbours😄

Carol

On 05/03/2021 at 15:50, Betty LaRue said:

Potato soup, made of potatoes, onions, a secret ingredient for extra flavor, and cornbread. I usually like to add very small bits of carrot in it, but didn’t have any. Also if I have it, bits of celery. Neither of those are necessary, and I only use those bits if they are on hand.

2EXHA26.jpg

Corn bread - I'm sure I've seen a recipe for this somewhere.....

16 hours ago, Bionic said:

I’ll add another pizza to the thread. Slightly unconventional and certainly not for the traditionalists as it has an unleavened flatbread base. We knock these out occasionally as a quick weekend treat for the kids (they can be made and on the plate in about half an hour) :)

2EW4B62.jpg

and this would make. great main course after Betty's soup😁

Carol

• Like 1
3 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Corn bread - I'm sure I've seen a recipe for this somewhere.....

and this would make. great main course after Betty's soup😁

Carol

Cornbread, US measurements

1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal (177.5 grams?)

3/4 cup regular white flour, not self-rising (all purpose) (106.5 grams?)

4 teaspoons baking powder (2/3 ounce?)

3 tablespoons sugar (42 grams?)

1/4 cup shortening (solid fat) (2 ounces or 56.7 grams?)

1 1/8 cup milk (9 ounces or 253-5 grams?)

1 egg

Mix dry ingredients together

Add rest of ingredients without stirring but leave out a teaspoon full of shortening or solid fat to melt in a cast iron skillet until smoking.

Stir or lightly beat just until dry ingredients are wet and just enough until shortening lumps are pecan-size. Don’t mix until smooth to keep cornbread tender.

Dump into a 9 or 10 cast iron inch skillet with hot grease and bake at 400 degrees until golden. While hot, turn out on a plate so the bottom is up.

The cornbread can be baked in a 10X10 inch square glass dish if you don’t have a cast iron skillet. Just let the dish heat up with fat in it in the oven as it’s warming up, take it out, pour in cornbread batter and back in to bake. You won’t get the same crust on the bottom but it’s still good.

I wish I knew how to write this recipe in UK measurements. I looked at a conversion chart but I don’t know what is used by you.