The new Food Photography thread

5 minutes ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

Burnt hamburger bun on grill grid Stock Photo

Not zoomed, but viewed with the same search term. Apparently yours was the only that got zoomed.

It may be related to the search for reheated food. Maybe even with taste food unhappy. No search for %burn%food% on the same day.

Have there always been this many searches for %food%? 99 pages @100 for the rolling year!

wim

1 hour ago, Steve Hyde said:

Well, here’s the Chocolate Guinness Cake I made yesterday. You can’t taste the Guinness in it, I think it’s more there to give it the dark colour. It tastes fantastic though, with or without the soft cheese topping.

2EKD6AH.jpg

That looks lush, can't wait to see your next bake😄 I'm in the process of doing a plaited loaf for a neighbour, with any luck I'll be able to use available light😂

Carol

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Steve Hyde said:

Well, here’s the Chocolate Guinness Cake I made yesterday. You can’t taste the Guinness in it, I think it’s more there to give it the dark colour. It tastes fantastic though, with or without the soft cheese topping.

2EKD6AH.jpg

Scrumptious. Not a good idea to come to this thread before lunch.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

2EKD6AH.jpg

Ohhhh, yummmm!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, aphperspective said:

Thank you quality control has seen most of it gone already with icecream....

This is the problem, isn't it? I bake a 900g loaf, the sort of size that should last a week, and we scoff a third of it in 15 minutes:lol:

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

This is the problem, isn't it? I bake a 900g loaf, the sort of size that should last a week, and we scoff a third of it in 15 minutes:lol:

I made a plaited loaf yesterday for a neighbour, I wing it with the plaiting but it turns out looking ok, still not happy with my food photography though - I'll keep trying ha ha, another plaited loaf for another neighbour tomorrow or Saturday 😁

Carol

• Love 1

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

The solution is to bake a massive one, or just do 2. They still don't last, shopping bill down electricity bill up from the oven, swings and roundabouts etc .🙂

13 hours ago, aphperspective said:

The solution is to bake a massive one, or just do 2. They still don't last, shopping bill down electricity bill up from the oven, swings and roundabouts etc .🙂

I make a large cake, slice it up and freeze most of it. Then just take out a few slices at a time. 

2 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

Self control......😇

I don't know those words when it comes to cake 😁

As for freezing it, I think I will need a lock on the freezer, once I know it's in there........the rest as they say is history🙃

I've decided to make another Christmas cake but ok I will call it an Easter cake just the same recipe, just been out and bought another bottle of brandy😄

Carol

9 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

OK that's Friday night sorted out but what's it got to do with cake?🍸

The cake mixture requires marinating in brandy for at least a week and then more gets added every few days 😄

More just prior to baking and then more on a weekly basis until it gets iced😄 I was told it was pretty good😁

Carol

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

My dinner on Saturday.  Roasted veggies.  Put them on seasoned Israeli couscous.

Food Sheet pan roasted vegetables zucchini onions cherry tomatoes Stock Photo

That is making me hungry ! I have similar tonight but with chicken and red pesto and veggies...

My plaited loaf is in QC🙏

My fruit for the Christmas/Easter cake is quietly marinating in a bowl on top of the kitchen cabinet, being checked and tested every few days, no doubt will have to top the fruit and brandy up before making the actual cake😄

Today am debating whether to make a Chocolate and black bean torte and/or wash the car😄

Carol