Positive, my second $$$ this week.  The first one a low $$$ for an IQ Sale, and today a Mid $$$ for a Direct Mail and brochures.....  Both direct.  Second is my highest licence to date, quick turn-around as Account Rep contacted me last week to waive a restriction.  

The not so positive, one month for now Alamy would charge me almost the equivalent of the first licence's net earning in extra for their service. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
12 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Positive, my second $$$ this week.  The first one a low $$$ for an IQ Sale, and today a Mid $$$ for a Direct Mail and brochures.....  Both direct.  Second is my highest licence to date, quick turn-around as Account Rep contacted me last week to waive a restriction.  

The not so positive, one month for now Alamy would charge me almost the equivalent of the first licence's net earning in extra for their service. 

I suggest you add “truss bridge” to your keywords of your rail bridge on the first page.

https://www.britannica.com/technology/truss-bridge

• Thanks 1

I've never yet had a month on Alamy with sales on every working day (Mon-Fri).
Three days to go and on track for the first time - newspapers still to report, fingers crossed....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
On 25/06/2021 at 19:22, Betty LaRue said:

I suggest you add “truss bridge” to your keywords of your rail bridge on the first page.

https://www.britannica.com/technology/truss-bridge

interesting, since my focus of the image was mainly the closed off part of it and the naming, so i thought the architectural component was likely not of interest of someone looking for that specifically, so i'll get a wider lens and try and go and capture that component now.  thanks  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

interesting, since my focus of the image was mainly the closed off part of it and the naming, so i thought the architectural component was likely not of interest of someone looking for that specifically, so i'll get a wider lens and try and go and capture that component now.  thanks  

I never knew what a truss bridge was until I researched this one a few miles from my old home in Oklahoma City several years back. 
D5N1F8.jpg

Yesterday I searched my portfolio for bridges, and found a couple of truss foot bridges, also. I had not included that tag, but have now. You never know when someone may search for a truss bridge specifically.

2ATT495.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I never knew what a truss bridge was until I researched this one a few miles from my old home in Oklahoma City several years back. 

Yesterday I searched my portfolio for bridges, and found a couple of truss foot bridges, also. I had not included that tag, but have now. You never know when someone may search for a truss bridge specifically.

Here's a bunch. Invented by a Scotsman I believe, like most things.

KDN3PP.jpg2APBYF5.jpgD0FBG5.jpg

First one's actually in Scotland; NZ; Dresden.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1
On 27/06/2021 at 14:08, Phil Robinson said:

I've never yet had a month on Alamy with sales on every working day (Mon-Fri).
Three days to go and on track for the first time - newspapers still to report, fingers crossed....

One day left - nearly there....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 28/06/2021 at 11:53, spacecadet said:

Here's a bunch. Invented by a Scotsman I believe, like most things.

KDN3PP.jpg2APBYF5.jpgD0FBG5.jpg

First one's actually in Scotland; NZ; Dresden.

From what I read, no attribution for inventor, but the first patent went to an American.

• Confused 2

Just noticed went through $2000 since I joined Alamy in 2018 took 86 licences. I have know idea if thats a good average, at least it's a milestone of sorts. Got a sneaking suspicion that with licences dropping the next 2000 will take a fair bit longer.😏

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, aphperspective said:

Just noticed went through $2000 since I joined Alamy in 2018 took 86 licences. I have know idea if thats a good average, at least it's a milestone of sorts. Got a sneaking suspicion that with licences dropping the next 2000 will take a fair bit longer.😏

probably back on average per image sold - well done

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a reasonable (by todays standards) licence drop in today which puts me past last years total revenue for the whole year. Just keep bashing away and results do come.🙂

Andy.

• Like 5
On 17/07/2021 at 00:40, Michael Ventura said:

Just had a late day sale drop in for $250!  TV use. Just under the wire to get 50%! Phew 😅 

Yes, I’ve had several $$$ sales reported this week, thank goodness. Still waiting for a book cover of a book published in May though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
26 minutes ago, Sally said:

several

😄😄😄

Blimey... just checked... and a $$$ sale has dropped in!

Edited by John Morrison
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

😄😄😄

Blimey... just checked... and a $$$ sale has dropped in!

Blimey, just checked... and... tumbleweeds 😛

But it's about 10 degrees cooler in the office than at home, so an incentive to get back into the office I guess!

I made another $$$150 calendar sale for Alamy, and was generously rewarded $60. Thank you.🙃

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, Sally said:

Just noticed I’ve topped 1000 sales and with today’s news sales I’ll have topped $30,000 gross. So much more work now to achieve this with the commission increase.

Well done Sally - an old saying "You only get out what you put in" and you have put a few shifts and a half in since 2017!

30 sales dropped in late last night with three for $$$ and a bunch of $$.  Looking at the difference between gross and net now the new contract is in effect is demoralising.  Onwards!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2