Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Definitely a slow month here as well. Currently, I have only three sales showing. One of them is a direct license for $$$, though, which helps ease the pain somewhat, and zooms and CTR  are coming back to life. Hope springs... ☘️

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Definitely a slow month here as well. Currently, I have only three sales showing. One of them is a direct license for $$$, though, which helps ease the pain somewhat, and zooms and CTR  are coming back to life. Hope springs... ☘️

 

 

plus you get spring earlier than most of us....  -20C today, but bright sunshine

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alamy said:

 

Hi,

 

We're sorry for the delay - the team are aware and the server will be updated as soon as possible.

 

Thanks, 

 

Shannon

 

 

Thanks Shannon,

 

actually this is the first acknowledgement of this problem even though we have reported it for months, so it's good to know it is being worked on, much appreciated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

plus you get spring earlier than most of us....  -20C today, but bright sunshine

 

It has been a really mild winter here so far. Daffodils are already appearing here and there. There is some colder weather on the way apparently, but temps will still be semi-tropical by Ottawa standards. 🌻

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Mitchell said:

 

It has been a really mild winter here so far. Daffodils are already appearing here and there. There is some colder weather on the way apparently, but temps will still be semi-tropical by Ottawa standards. 🌻

 

 

in fairness Ottawa has been tropical by its own standards.  The -20C is only with windchill factor.  I don't think we have had any thing colder so far.  The are however expecting Polar vortex impact in February...

 

but the sun light today is lovely, well bundled up it was a nice walk....

Link to post
Share on other sites

After a bumper December, a slugulant start to 2021.  Three low $$ sales to date, not looking great.   Zooms OKish.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slow for Views, sales are ok'ish, 4 that were published last June finally reported(Spanish distro sales!), + 3 others...

So I'm kind of on target for an average month.

Phil

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

Slow for Views, sales are ok'ish, 4 that were published last June finally reported(Spanish distro sales!), + 3 others...

So I'm kind of on target for an average month.

Phil

 

I am chasing one from Spanish edition of Conde Nast from April 2020 - makes me wonder if there are others of that vintage.

 

Is the Spanish distributor know for being a little slow to report and collect payments?

Link to post
Share on other sites

After only one sale on Jan 1st, there was nothing until the 15th. But now I am almost back to normal for sales, with 10 so far this month.  Zooms have been great all month but no sales have come from any of them yet.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 sales so far including one in the high $$s and 3 in the mid $$s, but those were counteracted by a .10 cent payout, so things appear pretty normal so far. 

Edited by KFisher
edit
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, geogphotos said:

 

I am chasing one from Spanish edition of Conde Nast from April 2020 - makes me wonder if there are others of that vintage.

 

Is the Spanish distributor know for being a little slow to report and collect payments?

 

Yes, they are slow and sluggish. Today I have got two distro sales from Spain from June and August. Still waiting to appear two from July.
And I'm afraid clearing is another pain too 😕

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, geogphotos said:

 

I am chasing one from Spanish edition of Conde Nast from April 2020 - makes me wonder if there are others of that vintage.

 

Is the Spanish distributor know for being a little slow to report and collect payments?

They are now!!!!

Phil

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shearwater said:

 

Yes, they are slow and sluggish. Today I have got two distro sales from Spain from June and August. Still waiting to appear two from July.
And I'm afraid clearing is another pain too 😕

 

It was probably you that reported it on here - I can't find it now. I think it was  an April 2020 edition, an old slide copy of Vigo. 

 

Tried searching the forum but can't find it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My zooms have taken a huge uptick recently. CTR very healthy and well above average for the year and for the week.  It doesn’t mean much considering I only have one license this month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, geogphotos said:

 

It was probably you that reported it on here - I can't find it now. I think it was  an April 2020 edition, an old slide copy of Vigo. 

 

Tried searching the forum but can't find it.

Hello Ian

 

This is what I can find in my records about your uses:

 

CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER España 18/06/2020 (online)
https://www.traveler.es/naturaleza/galerias/lanzarote-playas-tranquilas-poca-gente/2690

geogphotos Atlantic coast in south west corner, Los Charcones, Caleta Negra bay, near Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Canary islands, Spain - Image ID: G1KFTX
————————————————
CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER España 21/07/2020 (online)
https://www.traveler.es/viajeros/articulos/ruta-vigo-domingo-villar-libros-inspector-leo-caldas/18661

geogphotos Historic buildings in old part of the city centre, Vigo, Spain - Image ID: 2C4H87F
————————————————
Revista AD - Architectural Digest magazine 24/09/2020 (online)
https://www.revistaad.es/arquitectura/galerias/14-edificios-definen-ceuta-melilla/12937

geogphotos Monumental cinema 1930s Art Deco style Melilla, Spanish territory in north Africa, Spain architect Lorenzo Ros Costa - Image ID: F28E78
geogphotos Iglesia del Sagrado Corazón, Plaza M. Pelayo, Melilla autonomous city state Spanish territory in north Africa, Spain - Image ID: EGAN4H
———————————————————
Revista AD - Architectural Digest magazine 10/09/2020 (online)
https://www.revistaad.es/lugares/galerias/extremadura-16-edificios/12895

geogphotos Teatro Romano, Roman Amphitheatre, Merida, Extremadura, Spain - Image ID: KG81F1
———————————————————
Revista AD - Architectural Digest magazine 11/12/2020 (online)
https://www.revistaad.es/lugares/articulos/la-escapada-lulu-figueroa-jerez/28086

geogphotos Archaeological museum, Museo Arqueologico, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain - Image ID: FCE058
———————————————————
Revista AD - Architectural Digest magazine 01/01/2021 (online)

https://www.revistaad.es/lugares/galerias/conocemos-pueblos-bonitos-espana/13346/image/844334

geogphotos Houses in the village of Bubion, High Alpujarras, Sierra Nevada, Granada province, Spain - Image ID: E1H9D5
geogphotos Church and houses in village of Almonaster La Real, Sierra de Aracena, Huelva province, Spain - Image ID: EB1XJ3

 

I have got more luck with Revista AD uses...got reported this month one use from October. From Conde Nast I still waiting since June.

Clearing is another story...

Edited by shearwater
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This month I have got 4 licenses...all for 2020 pending distro uses, from May to October. Still waiting for a couple more and a bunch of clearings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shearwater said:

Hello Ian

 

This is what I can find in my records about your uses:

 

CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER España 18/06/2020 (online)
https://www.traveler.es/naturaleza/galerias/lanzarote-playas-tranquilas-poca-gente/2690

geogphotos Atlantic coast in south west corner, Los Charcones, Caleta Negra bay, near Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Canary islands, Spain - Image ID: G1KFTX
————————————————
CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER España 21/07/2020 (online)
https://www.traveler.es/viajeros/articulos/ruta-vigo-domingo-villar-libros-inspector-leo-caldas/18661

geogphotos Historic buildings in old part of the city centre, Vigo, Spain - Image ID: 2C4H87F
————————————————
Revista AD - Architectural Digest magazine 24/09/2020 (online)
https://www.revistaad.es/arquitectura/galerias/14-edificios-definen-ceuta-melilla/12937

geogphotos Monumental cinema 1930s Art Deco style Melilla, Spanish territory in north Africa, Spain architect Lorenzo Ros Costa - Image ID: F28E78
geogphotos Iglesia del Sagrado Corazón, Plaza M. Pelayo, Melilla autonomous city state Spanish territory in north Africa, Spain - Image ID: EGAN4H
———————————————————
Revista AD - Architectural Digest magazine 10/09/2020 (online)
https://www.revistaad.es/lugares/galerias/extremadura-16-edificios/12895

geogphotos Teatro Romano, Roman Amphitheatre, Merida, Extremadura, Spain - Image ID: KG81F1
———————————————————
Revista AD - Architectural Digest magazine 11/12/2020 (online)
https://www.revistaad.es/lugares/articulos/la-escapada-lulu-figueroa-jerez/28086

geogphotos Archaeological museum, Museo Arqueologico, Jerez de la Frontera, Spain - Image ID: FCE058
———————————————————
Revista AD - Architectural Digest magazine 01/01/2021 (online)

https://www.revistaad.es/lugares/galerias/conocemos-pueblos-bonitos-espana/13346/image/844334

geogphotos Houses in the village of Bubion, High Alpujarras, Sierra Nevada, Granada province, Spain - Image ID: E1H9D5
geogphotos Church and houses in village of Almonaster La Real, Sierra de Aracena, Huelva province, Spain - Image ID: EB1XJ3

 

I have got more luck with Revista AD uses...got reported this month one use from October. From Conde Nast I still waiting since June.

Clearing is another story...

 

 

Wow that is impressive. Thank you.

 

I got the wrong date. It's the one of Vigo on 21/07/20. Alamy are aware and told me just today that they are chasing it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

 

 

Wow that is impressive. Thank you.

 

I got the wrong date. It's the one of Vigo on 21/07/20. Alamy are aware and told me just today that they are chasing it. 

You are welcome. Have you got reported any of them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2021 at 15:09, Alamy said:

 

Hi,

 

We're sorry for the delay - the team are aware and the server will be updated as soon as possible.

 

Thanks, 

 

Shannon

 

Do you have an update on this please? It is still happening. To understand the problem, my photo count on the left reads 1726, which includes the one image I put through QC and passed yesterday. When clicking that number, it goes to my portfolio page and only shows 1725. This has been happening since at least November last year, was corrected for a short period in the latter half of December, and then started again since early January. It regularly takes images 36-48h from a QC pass to appear for sale. This is not so problematic for stock images that are not time sensitive, but it is very troublesome once live news images drop off the news feed after 48 hours, where they then just disappear off the site altogether before then finally appearing again in the stock portfolio. This is potentially leading to lost sales, a detriment to both contributors and to alamy, and is becoming tiresome having gone on now for a long time. Please can Alamy just level with us contributors and tell us what is going on as this is clearly an ongoing issue.

 

@Alamy

Edited by Cal
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cal said:

 

Do you have an update on this please? ............Please can Alamy just level with us contributors and tell us what is going on as this is clearly an ongoing issue.

 

@Alamy

I'm nearly forty short having been very busy shooting the last few days. I'm also waiting for sale reports from uses from major buyers from six months ago. Contacts with CR don't fill me with confidence that they regard it as that important. It's a sad situation when a business doesn't focus on solving it's core issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cal said:

 

Do you have an update on this please? It is still happening. To understand the problem, my photo count on the left reads 1726, which includes the one image I put through QC and passed yesterday. When clicking that number, it goes to my portfolio page and only shows 1725. This has been happening since at least November last year, was corrected for a short period in the latter half of December, and then started again since early January. It regularly takes images 36-48h from a QC pass to appear for sale. This is not so problematic for stock images that are not time sensitive, but it is very troublesome once live news images drop off the news feed after 48 hours, where they then just disappear off the site altogether before then finally appearing again in the stock portfolio. This is potentially leading to lost sales, a detriment to both contributors and to alamy, and is becoming tiresome having gone on now for a long time. Please can Alamy just level with us contributors and tell us what is going on as this is clearly an ongoing issue.

 

@Alamy

Hi Everyone,

 

We do appreciate how frustrating this is and please be assured that this is a priority for us and has been escalated.

 

It will be resolved as soon as possible.

 

Thanks,

Alamy

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Avpics said:

I'm nearly forty short having been very busy shooting the last few days. I'm also waiting for sale reports from uses from major buyers from six months ago. Contacts with CR don't fill me with confidence that they regard it as that important. It's a sad situation when a business doesn't focus on solving it's core issues.

 

Have yours come through yet? My LN photos from midweek are all now in the black hole. Just checked as well and some of them were literally alamywhacks 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Cal
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.