Should I upscale?

On 10/01/2021 at 14:13, sb photos said:

I remember a friend buying his first digital camera new, a Canon D30 3MP camera, and using the lenses from his EOS-1 film camera. I didn't rate it.  My introduction to digital cameras was a Fujifilm S602 Pro Zoom 3.1MP that had an option to interpolate to 6MP internally. Cost over £600 at the time. Most of my photography then was scanned film.

That was my first digital camera too. We were burgled and it was stolen. The insurance replaced it with a S9500 (I think).

John.

14 hours ago, Stokie said:

That was my first digital camera too. We were burgled and it was stolen. The insurance replaced it with a S9500 (I think).

John.

Re your now old S9500, I long ago considered the S6500 and S9500 as a Christmas present for my wife, ended up buying the S9500. Now she uses her iPhone. Both older Fujifilm cameras were recently consigned to the bin amongst other items during a major clear out. Other old kit I've retained, for instance my Linhof 6x7 view camera (used cut film in metal single sided dark slides), lenses and velvet lined box, is tucked away in the loft.

On 16/01/2021 at 07:55, sb photos said:

Re your now old S9500, I long ago considered the S6500 and S9500 as a Christmas present for my wife, ended up buying the S9500. Now she uses her iPhone. Both older Fujifilm cameras were recently consigned to the bin amongst other items during a major clear out. Other old kit I've retained, for instance my Linhof 6x7 view camera (used cut film in metal single sided dark slides), lenses and velvet lined box, is tucked away in the loft.

My S9500 packed up a few years ago and I replaced it with a Sony RX100 Mk 2, which is still going strong, but i'm itching to upgrade it to a Mk 7..........

John.