Frozen Account

ebersonimages

Question

Although I have been involved in stock photography for many years, I am new to Alamy.  I have had my account frozen a couple times due to the rejection of some photos.  I just had another image rejected and have been frozen again for 10 days.  None of my other stock companies have this and I am wondering why Alamy imposes this restriction (punishment.)  All it really does is give me more time to accumulate images to submit when unfrozen but it does just feel unfair especially when rejected images have been accepted at my other companies.

Thanking you in advance for your replies.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Going back to the OP and comments made in response. Really it is fairly easy to get to know the standard expected to pass QC. It is also easy to fail through carelessness and making mistakes. 

Through error I recently sent an old cruddy copy of a 1950s slide by ftp to Stock instead of Archive. No surprise what happened next. But I will certainly take more care next time.

I had been on 5 stars for a long time since the system came in so did not have to go through QC apart from occasional random checks. But then one of those random checks picked up a problem and I had a series of other QC fails - all for different reasons I might add. Yes, it is annoying,  even patronising, to be punished for mistakes. But that is the way the Alamy system works and you do have to take it on the chin and cut out these careless mistakes. 

I have never had my account 'frozen' but my understanding is that this happens when there are repeated failures and the contributor does not appear to be taking notice or learning the lesson. My apologies if that is not the case in your situation.  Whether the same images have been accepted elsewhere is totally irrelevant.

As others have suggested if the reasons for failure escape you then upload some 100% crops for forum members to comment and help.

I am on 3 stars hoping to get back to 5 stars by re-building my track record of QC passes. Latest ones submitted yesterday have just passed so not too long to wait. 

i will say that throughout Your posts, and even the questions you have asked You have always shown that You submitted quality work within Alamy's approach.  So I command you for your work. we all get failures.  it's what we do with it that Alamy seems to evaluate.  

I hope you get your 5 Stars soon, though part of me wishes you got the elusive 4 stars (don't actually think it exist) 

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

i will say that throughout Your posts, and even the questions you have asked You have always shown that You submitted quality work within Alamy's approach.  So I command you for your work. we all get failures.  it's what we do with it that Alamy seems to evaluate.  

I hope you get your 5 Stars soon, though part of me wishes you got the elusive 4 stars (don't actually think it exist) 

Thank you, very kind of you to say so.

I agree with you that it is always best to face up to errors, mistakes, weaknesses, because to ignore them means that there is no chance of them being overcome. The forum works much more beneficially if it provides a 'safe space' to be honest and open without fear of being ridiculed or criticised for supposedly not holding high standards or taking pride.  

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 3