Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Lancaster Moor Hospital, the former Lancashire County Asylum. Lancaster, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

lancaster-moor-hospital-the-former-lancashire-county-asylum-lancaster-B63M4T.jpg

 

Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 23 December 2020
End: 24 December 2020
One use in a single editorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online
Link to post
Share on other sites

My second January sale - good $$.  Roman soldier standing guard on Hadrian's Wall.  Might be needing him after #IndyRef2!

 

A member of the Italian group "Legio I Italica" stands guard during a re-enactment event on Hadrian's Wall in northern Stock Photo

 

 

 

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 25,000
Placement: Front cover
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 26 January 2021
End: 26 January 2031

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s going to be a good month. More sales in today including this one for $$$ for front cover of a self published book. Confirms the fact that you can never tell what is going to sell.

straight-track-leading-into-distance-to-

 

Edited by Sally
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sale came in yesterday, refunded today, and then resold for the same amount under what appear to be identical terms.

 

Piglets suckling sow in field of wild flowers north west England. Stock Photo

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

This is one of 28 which dropped in today - $$$ The Sun. 2DEKWWR

cork-ireland-1st-dec-2020-non-essential-shops-are-opening-around-the-country-this-morning-after-being-closed-for-six-weeks-due-to-level-5-covid-19-restrictions-a-small-queue-formed-outside-penneys-on-patrick-street-this-morning-ready-for-a-7am-opening-credit-ag-newsalamy-live-news-2DEKWWR.jpg

That's an amazing price for The Sun! Normally no more that $ for live news use even.

Edited by Sally
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sally said:

That's an amazing price for The Sun! Normally no more that $ for live news use even.

Live news in print always fetches $$$ for 1/4 page and above according to my records.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sally said:

That's an amazing price for The Sun! Normally no more that $ for live news use even.

 

Interesting. I know that things have changed in recent times, but...

 

The only LiveNews sales I ever had (before being removed from the system) were 4 sales in 2018 to The Sun & Scottish Sun. Three were $$ and one was $$$. The last of the 4 sales was a repeat 8 months after the event, when the news item had a revival.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Sally said:

That's an amazing price for The Sun! Normally no more that $ for live news use even.

Was used in print, too.  Was on the Sun website a couple of hours after I took the pic.

Edited by Colblimp
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, losdemas said:

 

Interesting. I know that things have changed in recent times, but...

 

The only LiveNews sales I ever had (before being removed from the system) were 4 sales in 2018 to The Sun & Scottish Sun. Three were $$ and one was $$$. The last of the 4 sales was a repeat 8 months after the event, when the news item had a revival.

It used to be, when I first started here, around $50 for a live news use. Then it plummeted to $9-$12. Those are non-print uses however.Not so with The Times though fortunately.
 

Edited by Sally
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MandyD said:

Long long story...spine completely collapsed and a whirlwind that ensued afterwards. 5 major life events in one year including losing my Dad and oh ya, that's not even counting the pandemic....finding strength in the fact that I will never have to live through that again.

Going through the spine thing myself. It’s not for babies. It’s hard sometimes to keep a stiff upper lip. Hope you feel better. So sorry about your dad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

RF mid $$ worldwide magazine and books.

 

Environment, particularly plastic in environment is a hot topic with me.

 

I found this plastic bottle while walking on the beach. I moved it into a position near the water, so I could include the pristine lake and room for type sky in the background. Low angle camera resting on small case for batteries, no tripod. Placed the focus on the bottle only to emphasize the bottle. Rotated the bottle so the brand name was not visible, making the bottle a generic bottle representing all discarded plastic bottles.

 

plastic-bottle-litter-on-a-lake-ontario-

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 sales this morning. 

This one is a sun-bear taken in Borneo.

I did try to get rid of the annoying out-of-focus leaf but my PS skills were not up to scratch.

 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial onlyEditorial print + digital use. ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing

Mid $$

 

KYY1H3.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sally said:

It used to be, when I first started here, around $50 for a live news use. Then it plummeted to $9-$12. Those are non-print uses however.Not so with The Times though fortunately.
 

January's web live news values have shown an increase, thankfully. The $ licences earlier this year drew much attention here and on the Facebook page as being extremely bad 'news'. Hopefully we won't see those again

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

text-and-statue-of-liberty-logo-on-the-economic-impact-payment-relief-from-covid-19-pandemic-cheque-check-from-the-us-treasury-2BRP7F5.jpg

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 26 January 2021
End: 26 January 2026


$19.99. Looks like someone just paid the default individual personal use price. Never had that happen before.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Below mid $$. Direct & exclusive.

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial onlyEditorial print + digital use.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 28 January 2021
Duration: Unlimited

ox-heart-ascidian-also-known-as-gold-mouth-sea-squirt-or-ink-spot-sea-squirt-polycarpa-aurata-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-sea-indian-ocean-2AETJ1R.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cbimages said:

Below mid $$. Direct & exclusive.

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial onlyEditorial print + digital use.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 28 January 2021
Duration: Unlimited

ox-heart-ascidian-also-known-as-gold-mouth-sea-squirt-or-ink-spot-sea-squirt-polycarpa-aurata-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-sea-indian-ocean-2AETJ1R.jpg

 

What a beauty!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had three licenses of images from the same little town on the Connecticut shore, actually all from the same state park - 5 year marketing $$$ each, over $500 for the three - a very nice start to the year.

Here's one of them, taken on my only get-away in 2020 this past fall:

 

Rocky Neck State Park, Niantic, East Lyme, Connecticut USA - Stock Image

 

Edited by Marianne
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

High Wycombe mayor, Sarfaraz Khan Raja, at the traditional Weighing in the Mayor. High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England, GB, UK. Stock Photo

 

Published in December '20, notified today, in The Economist Espresso - that's web use only - $$

 

Had a few sales from the little batch I took at this event. Originally intended for LiveNews, but no-one bit at the time. Done quite well since.

Edited by losdemas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, chilker said:

text-and-statue-of-liberty-logo-on-the-economic-impact-payment-relief-from-covid-19-pandemic-cheque-check-from-the-us-treasury-2BRP7F5.jpg

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 26 January 2021
End: 26 January 2026


$19.99. Looks like someone just paid the default individual personal use price. Never had that happen before.

 

The default price seems to be different in different countries. That is the one we see in the USA.

 

Paulette

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.